Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 20, 2022, 06:13:55 PM
Excuse the ignorance here as I don't see as much of Armagh but the bauld Soupy is being relied on a nice bit and you would imagine getting a run on him going the other way is not something he fancies.

Would Galway try a curve ball like Aidan O'Shea on Donaghy and bring someone back who can live with O'Neill on the edge of the square and then can more than hold their own out the field.

It shoud be a great day above no matter. Feel for any fans having to pay for juice and a hotel. It's a feckin joke at the minute and it won't get any better.
If O Neill plays inside - Sean Kelly will pick him up. If he plays further out - Daly or Molloy most likely to pick him up.

Armagh18

Excuse the ignorance here as I don't see as much of Armagh but the bauld Soupy is being relied on a nice bit and you would imagine getting a run on him going the other way is not something he fancies.

Would Galway try a curve ball like Aidan O'Shea on Donaghy and bring someone back who can live with O'Neill on the edge of the square and then can more than hold their own out the field.

It shoud be a great day above no matter. Feel for any fans having to pay for juice and a hotel. It's a feckin joke at the minute and it won't get any better.
Couldn't see it. Soupy a serious player but I definitely don't think we rely on him.

Captain Scarlet

You'd know more going on the handle alone, so would there be a handover if he drifts? Not one person with him all day.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Aaron Boone

Orange jerseys will show up very well on TV. The Qatar World Cup producers are all over the Netherlands first game for the colour alone. 

Manning18

The best Galway player equipped to deal with him is already at the edge of the square. The worrying problem is when Rian roams, would Kelly come out the field at that point and leave no physical presence back there? Probably not but its hard to know. Molloy will probably follow him out the field but it would leave Rian as an excellent option for kickouts, if Raferty can hit him. Galway best defenders by a distance are at 3 & 6

Is Morgan likely to pick up Comer if Comer goes to 14? Galway themselves potentially have two very high ball options in the forwards if they decide to play them close to goal.

I think this game could be far cagier than the classic most people are predicting. Galway are afraid of leaving their back line exposed against a team like Mayo who've average forwards and don't kick the ball. There's no way they won't play with at least 1 sweeper against a team that actually does go direct. Probably a double sweeper. Mcgeeneys not going to play the game on Galways terms and feed into the one thing Galway are really good at, quick counter attacks. So I don't think Armagh will over commit as a response. Where the game could open up is if one team falls behind and has to really press kick outs, as both keepers are there to be shot at. But until that point im expecting a slower game than most

Manning18

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 20, 2022, 08:24:13 PM
Orange jerseys will show up very well on TV. The Qatar World Cup producers are all over the Netherlands first game for the colour alone.

Definitely. There'll be 30k Armagh fans and it'll feel like 50k

Wildweasel74

G, u some amount of jump on the bandwagon Armagh supporters when you barely had 7k at Ballybofey. (Limited Capacity of course)

Tubberman

Ye'll definitely win so
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Why do Armagh have orange jerseys ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

maddog

Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2022, 12:04:19 PM

was the nuns in omeath knitted them jerseys way back and was only colour they had. Apparently.

maddog

before that they played in black and amber. Same as cross.

trailer

Quote from: Manning18 on June 21, 2022, 11:05:19 AM

Definitely. There'll be 30k Armagh fans and it'll feel like 50k

Dublin will be flooded.... with their tears.

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2022, 12:04:19 PM

Because the orange order was founded in Armagh and is an institution in the county.

yellowcard

Great to see all the attention this thread is getting from Tyrone fans, its a long time since they took 30k+ fans to a match anyway but given some of the stuff they played over the years I wouldn't really blame their fans. Croke Park will be a sea of orange on Sunday as there is nothing to reinvigorate a fan base like a few years in the relative wilderness and playing a good brand of football. If there is another day out after Sunday the ante will be upped again for the next day. If not then we can live with getting beaten by Galway, it's not like a defeat against Tyrone or Down.     

An Watcher

Fantastic to see a big Armagh support.  I remember when Tyrone first started making inroads in the All Ireland series.  Huge crowds.