Diesel, petrol, oil price watch

Started by Dire Ear, March 08, 2022, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: whitey on March 15, 2022, 07:46:30 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 15, 2022, 07:38:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 15, 2022, 07:37:31 PM
If you put red into your car, does it not make the car unsellable?

Its the same fuel. Just a dye added. Not aware of any harm it would do.

I heard it stays in the system for a long period of time

The next owner could get pinched for you putting it

Wives tale.

Change the filter and fill it with clear - good as new.

Emmm... so a friend told me  ;D

illdecide

Quote from: Franko on March 15, 2022, 07:48:49 PM

Wives tale.

Change the filter and fill it with clear - good as new.

Emmm... so a friend told me  ;D

Thats a fact. Best diesel you can buy as you know it hasn't been tampered with. Red fuel will disappear after changing fuel filter and filling her up with the clear stuff.

P.S. I now drive a petrol car ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

J70

Ah, now I see what you mean.

In that case I'd keep the receipt handy to show the guards and let the tank run down till the light is on a while before filling it up.

Edit: or what the two boys said about the filter!

illdecide

I actually sold my car (verbally) and got £1500 more than the trade in price but when the search begun to replace it that's when the fun started. Prices are 25% more than they should be and after speaking to two sperate guys this morning who deal in cars they convinced me to hold onto my car for another 6 months as they see a huge drop in prices coming due to drop in demand due to less coin about and also too many garages now have cars in their forecourt 90 & 120 days not shifting with negative figures on them and they're gonna have to sell them. He said the first car garage to drop their prices to get rid of their stock the rest will follow.
I had to let down my buyer...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh18

Quote from: illdecide on March 15, 2022, 08:04:23 PM
I actually sold my car (verbally) and got £1500 more than the trade in price but when the search begun to replace it that's when the fun started. Prices are 25% more than they should be and after speaking to two sperate guys this morning who deal in cars they convinced me to hold onto my car for another 6 months as they see a huge drop in prices coming due to drop in demand due to less coin about and also too many garages now have cars in their forecourt 90 & 120 days not shifting with negative figures on them and they're gonna have to sell them. He said the first car garage to drop their prices to get rid of their stock the rest will follow.
I had to let down my buyer...
You'll have no luck for kicking..

Hereiam

Have definitely noticed alot more fully loaded car transporters on the road lately.

Tony Baloney

The brother in law paid some local fella to take car in from England as zero value in the cars here. Still reckons he paid close to 10 grand more for a second hand XC90 than he would have paid 2 years ago. :-\

Hereiam

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2022, 11:09:17 PM
The brother in law paid some local fella to take car in from England as zero value in the cars here. Still reckons he paid close to 10 grand more for a second hand XC90 than he would have paid 2 years ago. :-\

Wouldn't doubt that, have been keeping an eye on the price of them for a while as I was looking at changing but I think I will wait another while.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hereiam on March 15, 2022, 11:16:01 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2022, 11:09:17 PM

Wouldn't doubt that, have been keeping an eye on the price of them for a while as I was looking at changing but I think I will wait another while.
Same. Was interested til I saw the prices. Hope hers keeps going another while! Volvo fella in Portadown told me the newer model is showing up loads of issues after 60k which also would make me nervous.

armaghniac

Surely there is a dispensation to drive on Green diesel tomorrow, on the day that is in it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

toby47

Armagh18

When will people take to the streets?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 22, 2022, 12:14:12 PM

And that will do what? The UK government, of which we are not in control of or have any say in, who get into elected positions are the only people to 'get' at by voting for someone who'll actually do something about it... At the minute the Tories don't give a flying f**k and the same people will still give them a majority win come the polls.

The higher the fuel goes up the more money the government make and the more money the share holders of BP and so on will keep this going.. Its getting to the point where nearly every time I'm in the car I'm wondering do I have to?

Unfortunately I have to for work
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2022, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on June 22, 2022, 12:14:12 PM

And that will do what? The UK government, of which we are not in control of or have any say in, who get into elected positions are the only people to 'get' at by voting for someone who'll actually do something about it... At the minute the Tories don't give a flying f**k and the same people will still give them a majority win come the polls.

The higher the fuel goes up the more money the government make and the more money the share holders of BP and so on will keep this going.. Its getting to the point where nearly every time I'm in the car I'm wondering do I have to?

Unfortunately I have to for work

I am in the same boat and sadly it is nigh on impossible to do my job from home