NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: galwayman on March 16, 2022, 04:21:12 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 16, 2022, 03:37:42 PM
If Galway do win will their posters still be downbeat?
People outside can say what they like - the Galway lads on here being downbeat (myself included) have been at the games and seen with their own eyes how we are going.
The way we have been playing - if we were in division one - we would be relegated simple as that.
Our pessimism is with a view to the championship in 6 weeks time. We have no chance of beating Mayo based on performances so far this year. Yes we have 5 wins but we have played Meath, Down, Cork, Offaly and Clare. All of them would be beaten easily by any division one team.
That's just the reality though I wish it weren't so.

Bit too much pessimism in there I feel. We haven't played too well in some, maybe most, matches yet are still top scorers and, for now, unbeaten. The defensive frailties shown against Cork and Offaly were addressed to an extent against Clare. And refreshingly I think nearly all players who should be in the squad are there, barring injury. (Some would have Ml. Daly there but not I I'm afraid). No way would we be relegated from Div. I. Kildare nor any of the northern teams who usually struggle to amass bigger score would be little better than ourselves. As seen by the recent Kerry game, Mayo too for all their strengths are not prolific; over-reliant on Donoghue the last evening and yet to re-integrate C O'Connor back into the squad.

Strangely, I've more faith in the big ballers this season than hurlers.

seafoid

I think the forward unit is decent and superior to the backs. It was the same in 1998.
Mayo struggle to find scoring forwards.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Man Marker

If Gough has gotten Mc Guigan suspended for saying 'thats a f**king joke' and thats if, as its here say thats what was said, on top of what he actually got him a black card that was simply wrong, he is very quickly becoming a proper p***k and abusing his position.

befair

imtommygunn

I can't help but think of a comparison between innocent people escaping from prison and getting prosecuted...

It's tough this. I get they need to be promoting respect for officials but this is harsh in the extreme. It's a bit like the clergy comment someone made there. It's not like he decked the referee or anything - it was words.

befair

Refs get constant abuse, so can't recruit refs, it's a vicious circle; don't know why refs tolerate it. Would you want your son/daughter becoming a ref?

imtommygunn

I never wanted to become one myself never mind anyone else...

You look at the preparation though that goes into these games and then say division one football at stake for a county that's been in the doldrums for a while and I would say it's hard to take. Maybe he shouldn't have reacted the way he did but he's only human and did by all accounts spend the day taking abuse so if you were getting hauled and dragged for about 60 minutes then you get a red card for getting hauled and dragged for 60 minutes I would guess it would be hard to keep your cool.

Rossfan

A lot of lads must have great eyesight, especially those who weren't even at the game.
One lad has 2 IFs, then "here say" (sic) before declaring linesman Gough a "total p***k".
Gough should have complained  Gallagher to the Ref and had him removed to the Stand after about 10 minutes.
Non stop encroachment on the pitch, in Gough's ear moaning every decision etc
He was given a meaningless yellow card near the end ::)
The players had no issues with each other at full time, it was friendly pats on backs, handshakes etc all round.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 18, 2022, 04:22:40 PM
I can't help but think of a comparison between innocent people escaping from prison and getting prosecuted...

It's tough this. I get they need to be promoting respect for officials but this is harsh in the extreme. It's a bit like the clergy comment someone made there. It's not like he decked the referee or anything - it was words.
Its in the rules.
Verbal abuse

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2022, 04:42:42 PM
A lot of lads must have great eyesight, especially those who weren't even at the game.
One lad has 2 IFs, then "here say" (sic) before declaring linesman Gough a "total p***k".
Gough should have complained  Gallagher to the Ref and had him removed to the Stand after about 10 minutes.
Non stop encroachment on the pitch, in Gough's ear moaning every decision etc
He was given a meaningless yellow card near the end ::)
The players had no issues with each other at full time, it was friendly pats on backs, handshakes etc all round.

Gallagher is well renowned for that everywhere he goes.

oakleaflad

On the game itself this weekend, I think we'll struggle. Galway have a few better forwards and that should be the difference.

Rossfan

A Galway win means they're promoted so naturally we're hoping for that (for once!!).
Ros have to win our 2 games no matter what happens in Owenbeg because Derry will hardly lose to Meath.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2022, 05:16:30 PM
A Galway win means they're promoted so naturally we're hoping for that (for once!!).
Ros have to win our 2 games no matter what happens in Owenbeg because Derry will hardly lose to Meath.
GRMA!
Meath are improving
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

Galway will win soley on the fact I don't know who do Derry scoring, and Galway got a better spread of scoring forwards. Do seem very loose in defence though. I expect McFaul and McKinless to start up front.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 18, 2022, 07:24:28 PM
Galway will win soley on the fact I don't know who do Derry scoring, and Galway got a better spread of scoring forwards. Do seem very loose in defence though. I expect McFaul and McKinless to start up front.

Would 04-10 be enough to win it?