Murder of Aisling Murphy

Started by trileacman, January 14, 2022, 02:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

The spot looked to be less than 100m from a busy road in plain sight too. It's mad how this happened in the middle of he day

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 18, 2022, 05:04:31 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 18, 2022, 04:37:20 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 18, 2022, 04:30:16 PM
Is there any information released as to how she died yet or any possible motive?

Nothing about motive, I suppose until they have someone charged that's up in the air. She did by strangulation it seems
If you were a run of the mill pervert I can't imagine you'd take the risk to attack and strangle a young girl in a public space at 4pm. Seems strange to me.

I thought it would be someone who had some sort of psychotic episode due to the fact that if you were in the right frame of mind and planning to do something like this, you wouldn't pick that time/location etc.  But on the flip side, the fact he seemingly got away contradicts that theory, unless it was pure random luck that he escaped capture.

Is the fella they charged the same fella that was mentioned a few days ago reporting into a hospital with cuts etc.?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 18, 2022, 06:18:21 PM
Is there any information released as to how she died yet or any possible motive?

Nothing about motive, I suppose until they have someone charged that's up in the air. She did by strangulation it seems
If you were a run of the mill pervert I can't imagine you'd take the risk to attack and strangle a young girl in a public space at 4pm. Seems strange to me.

I thought it would be someone who had some sort of psychotic episode due to the fact that if you were in the right frame of mind and planning to do something like this, you wouldn't pick that time/location etc.  But on the flip side, the fact he seemingly got away contradicts that theory, unless it was pure random luck that he escaped capture.

Is the fella they charged the same fella that was mentioned a few days ago reporting into a hospital with cuts etc.?

Not charged yet. Arrested just and it does seem like it was the same fella

seafoid

He didn't really get away. She fought back and injured him. There was an alert out for the hospitals. He had to go to hospital for various injuries, some self inflicted. It wasn't the perfect crime.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2022, 06:30:32 PM

He didn't really get away. She fought back and injured him. There was an alert out for the hospitals. He had to go to hospital for various injuries, some self inflicted. It wasn't the perfect crime.

What I meant was get away from the scene, especially given the location/time of day when there are so many ways of tracking/spotting people through CCTV, doorbell cameras, dash cams etc.  The other thing that doesn't seem to deter people who carry out these crimes is the fact that they nearly all get caught eventually too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Yeah but they were looking for a weapon so she may also have been beaten or stabbed.

Saffrongael

Those Slovak gypsies are lowlifes
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JoG2

Walter Cronc

What happened the wee girl was awful and sorry for slightly off topic but the media (social & MSM) definitely drives or determines who gets mourned and who doesn't. Compare Aisling to the Mongolian lady stabbed in Dublin....another one is Sarah Everard to the Muslim girl in South East London. One all over the papers, the other hardly mentioned despite being weeks apart.

Saffrongael

Quote from: JoG2 on January 18, 2022, 09:02:20 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on January 18, 2022, 08:46:32 PM
Those Slovak gypsies are lowlifes

How many do you know?

I have came across dozens of them in the last few years, more than enough to form an opinion
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 18, 2022, 09:25:48 PM
What happened the wee girl was awful and sorry for slightly off topic but the media (social & MSM) definitely drives or determines who gets mourned and who doesn't. Compare Aisling to the Mongolian lady stabbed in Dublin....another one is Sarah Everard to the Muslim girl in South East London. One all over the papers, the other hardly mentioned despite being weeks apart.

Yeah absolutely, occupation always gets mentioned in the first line of the story. Marketing executive Sarah Everard, Teacher Aisling Murphy etc. You don't really see that when it's someone unemployed or doing menial work murdered. It's been like that for years now I suppose. There is certainly a hierarchy of victims

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 18, 2022, 09:50:28 PM

Yeah absolutely, occupation always gets mentioned in the first line of the story. Marketing executive Sarah Everard, Teacher Aisling Murphy etc. You don't really see that when it's someone unemployed or doing menial work murdered. It's been like that for years now I suppose. There is certainly a hierarchy of victims

And a hierarchy of assailants too. I wonder what the narrative would be if the alleged killer was a 30 year old GAA, rugby or soccer star from the town? 

From the Bunker

There was notice really taken of the Yorkshire Ripper when he was Murdering ladies of the night. When he started killing the Girls next door. The interest from the police changed.  :-\

Rossfan

Sad to read the last 4 posts !
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 18, 2022, 09:50:28 PM

The family/friends of the deceased seemed to control the narrative. Journalists had plenty of content which probably wasn't the case in less covered murders. There was more emphasis on her life than death I think.