Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Quote from: Laois man on August 14, 2022, 11:48:45 PM
Interviews next week and Cheeder gone nearly 3 months??

Final interviews . Heard Bugler and his entourage have withdrawn alright . Got the call from his ex-manager.
Heard someone mention Ollie Halleys name in the stand today regarding the Senior job .

Laois man

The PRO

It's nearly 2 months now since Cheddar stepped down. It's absolutely criminal that the next senior hurling manager isn't in place. Kilkenny (yeah, different kettle of fish I know) replaced Cody inside a fortnight. Offaly have their job filled. Waterford, Cork, Tipp all acted quickly enough.
Is there anyone in the know who can actually explain the delay?

High Fielder

Nobody wants it maybe? At least nobody that the CB could conceivably palm off on the Laois hurling public. Isn't that what it's all about always?

georgedoylesrightleg

Spiritof86

Laois man

The word is the Eamon O Shea going in as offaly manager with Liam Sheehy in his backroom team.

mcwregor

I hope they don't just fill the position to get it done. Id prefer wait a bit if we had to to get a more suitable candidate. Trouble is nobody of credible standing seems to be interested. It will come back to haunt them of results dont go the right way. Also players nowadays won't commit unless they think there is a top class set up. You wouldn't blame them either.
I still maintain our ambition as a county sucks. Offaly are getting there house in order, why can't we. Some will say Lowry is backing them which is true. Why can't we put a robust aggressive and ambitious plan for the future in place and then approach potential financial supporters. Unfortunately the draconianism will continue I suspect

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Laois man on August 16, 2022, 09:15:48 AM
The word is the Eamon O Shea going in as offaly manager with Liam Sheehy in his backroom team.
what word?

Laois man

The word coming from offaly County board.

Giovanni

If we give them enough time, they might manage to convince Cody to take it for a year or two  ;).

Laois Rising

At this rate Cheddar might have to take the job for the third time.

mcwregor

Swallow your pride co board and offer the job to eddie brennan. P.S give him what he wants. Thanks

Tintin84

John O'Sullivan is a name i heard recently

burdizzo