Colm Parkinson/The GAA Hour

Started by gallsman, November 09, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Also why must every GAA podcast and RTE analysis be filled with Dublin and Kerry pundits? That's why I prefer the Ulster analysis and Woolys podcast. At least different counties are represented.

RTE now even have female Dublin pundits hired ahead of other counties and brought in Fitzmaurice too. Gooch Cooper and now Darran O'Sullivan two more fairly boring Kerry pundits.

Just typical of GAA and GAA media coverage, they don't give a flying f**k about anything barring Dublin, Kerry and Mayo.

Mario

Quote from: full moon on March 30, 2022, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on March 30, 2022, 12:31:37 PM
Your one McGee is some pup. Crying about Armagh and demanding suspensions before cship game in April.. James O'D also spilled on his podcast that McGee snapped a Kerry players finger out of place during a league game.

Not the brightest pair of brothers all the same.
Can't stand McGee, was a very dirty player yet acts holier than tho and often tweeting rubbish.

Has a serious hatred for Cavan, I don't know why or what from. It was long before we upset Donegal in the Ulster final.  Even his new podcast started off with him mocking Cavan for being in Division 4 and other rubbish. We are a small enough county, what's his problem?
Take it as a compliment, if he thought you should be in Div 4 he wouldn't be mocking you.

greatpoint

Quote from: full moon on March 30, 2022, 12:59:33 PM
Your one McGee is some pup. Crying about Armagh and demanding suspensions before cship game in April.. James O'D also spilled on his podcast that McGee snapped a Kerry players finger out of place during a league game.

Can't stand McGee, was a very dirty player yet acts holier than tho and often tweeting rubbish.

Has a serious hatred for Cavan, I don't know why or what from. It was long before we upset Donegal in the Ulster final.  Even his new podcast started off with him mocking Cavan for being in Division 4 and other rubbish. We are a small enough county, what's his problem?

To be fair it was hilarious that Cavan got relegated to Division 4 by Wicklow, shortly after winning the Ulster Championship.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Snapchap on March 30, 2022, 10:06:43 AM
What grates with me about Wooly's show (at least when he was with The GAA Hour) is that he always had guests who agreed with every word he said on any topic. There never was any sort of two sided debate to be had on anything.

I recall when the debate was raging about the upcoming vote on championship restructuring a while back, and when everyone was pushing 'Proposal B' Cahair O'Kane was a guest on Off the Ball, and he was actually arguing against the ratification of Proposal B - saying that as a proposal, it was 'almost' spot on but that we shouldn't settle for 'almost' and that it will be generations before it will ever be revisited, so it needs to be done right. He made a great argument, and the debate between him and the presenter who was in favour of Proposal B was properly interesting. It was a proper delve into the pros and cons of Proposal B.

Then I listened to The GAA Hour. Wooly went on one of his lengthy rants about how stupid it would be to not back Proposal B, then threw out a few personal digs at people who were opposing it, then he brought on his guest Conor Henehan and the two of them spent the guts of a half hour or more agreeing with eachother and making the same points. No debate whatsoever. It was just tedious stuff.

Haven't listened to his new show, because I can't imagine it being any different.

Yes his view on Proposal B was it was great not open for debate and I'll throw mud at anyone that was against it.

Cahair O'Kane gave a solid argument why it probably wouldn't be voted in and a lot of those issues have been corrected in the Green format that gets under way next year.

Each to their own i suppose but I'm not sure why people would pay to listen to Parkinson.

rosnarun

how many Gaa/s pod cast are still free .
the 3 i mainly listened to . The mayo news Wooly and Second captains are all gone behind the pay wall and its getting very expensive.
i will probably drop Second captains who seem to disappearing up their own arses between live shows and sharing their  less  thought through political shows . if i wanted a political podcast i would not be looking  to Ken Early to provide it.  not to mention them bring in one of their brothers 'to do the Rugby'
and Far too much soccer anyway
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

galwayman

Quote from: rosnarun on March 30, 2022, 04:06:29 PM
the 3 i mainly listened to . The mayo news Wooly and Second captains are all gone behind the pay wall and its getting very expensive.
i will probably drop Second captains who seem to disappearing up their own arses between live shows and sharing their  less  thought through political shows . if i wanted a political podcast i would not be looking  to Ken Early to provide it.  not to mention them bring in one of their brothers 'to do the Rugby'
That's most likely because Ken Early only seems to have any interest in or knowledge of soccer - no other sport.

Gael85

That was Neil McGee who tried to break Alan Fitzgerald  finger.

https://m.facebook.com/HumansofGAA/videos/donegal-defender-neil-mcgee-faces-an-anxious-wait-to-see-if-he/955904071195024/

greatpoint

Does the BBC GAA podcast primarily focus on teams from the six counties?

FermGael

Quote from: greatpoint on May 17, 2022, 01:10:14 AM

No it's much more specific than that
Concentrates on Tyrone , Derry, Armagh and Antrim
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

God14

Darren Hughes was the guest for a full hour only a week ago, going over his career highs and lows
A great listen.

onefineday

Quote from: rosnarun on March 30, 2022, 04:06:29 PM
The football pod is pretty good. Paddy Andrews and James O"Donoghue (replaced Andy Moran). Sticks to football, some great insights into what goes on at the top level and the committment these guys have given to get to where they are.

imtommygunn

Quote from: FermGael on May 17, 2022, 06:24:58 AM

It's crying out for a quigley.

snoopdog

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2022, 07:50:59 AM

Yeah very true as to the selection of counties.  But it's still a very good listen.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2022, 07:50:59 AM

I think Cathair O'Kane did a good interview (written) with Quigley a few weeks ago in the Irish News.

Decent read.

I like the ones where they get a bit more detail about the person/background rather than just gaa chat.

Walter Cronc