Playstation 4 Safe mode loop

Started by snoopdog, December 30, 2019, 11:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Hi All, Hoping someone can help me with a PS4 issue. My Young lads PS$ is in a safe mode loop, everything ive followed all the you tube instructions hasnt worked ,  getting the  connect dualshock 4 using USB cable and then press the PS button,   i get 7 options
1. restart PS4
2. Change Resolution
3. Update system software
4. Restore Default Settings
5. Rebuild Database
6. Initialise PS4
7. Initialise PS$ ( reinstall System Software)
ive tried 1 3 4 and 5 but no success.
once i do any of the above im brought back to the
connect a USB storage device that contains an update file for reinstallation for Version 7.02 or later. tried this also.
Im wary of the last 2 as i may lose all the young lads saved stuff. He has recently got the Playstation PLUs but i dont know if he has saved anything to Cloud and neither does he.
Can i check if he has anything saved by logging into the account online??
any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a lot of very intelligent people on here. Thanks in advance.
Call centre is closed and the website help is beyond useless.

JoG2

Been through it ourselves and wee while back when I switched the power off at the wall with the PS4 still running. The update file from the PS website wouldn't play ball. We ended up having to download the entire OS file onto an ext HD and reinstall it. All saved progress etc gone. We didn't have cloud storage activated either. A headwrecker

snoopdog

Quote from: JoG2 on December 30, 2019, 12:24:06 PM
Been through it ourselves and wee while back when I switched the power off at the wall with the PS4 still running. The update file from the PS website wouldn't play ball. We ended up having to download the entire OS file onto an ext HD and reinstall it. All saved progress etc gone. We didn't have cloud storage activated either. A headwrecker
Thanks. Yeah i think i will have to bite the bullet and just do it.