County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Wee Davy freeing himself up from the Cork Camogs double quick.

He'll be waiting by the phone, which County Chairman will be the first to panic and call it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 08, 2022, 10:59:03 PM
Are there many Kilcoo players that would make much difference at county level, even down at Div 3 standard? Club & County football are like 2 different games now. Kilcoo always struck me as a team who had good to very good club footballers in every position rather than having a few players who would set the county scene alight.

Whether he brings Kilcoo players in or not isn't the thing that strikes me, it will be if he brings in that work ethic, the style of play, the annoyance of their on the edge tackling (in a good way) that that team brought to big games, the system they work with will only work if they all buy into it..

It has taken Kilcoo a few years to benefit from that game plan, will intercounty mangers get the same?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

From the indo

Liam Kearns has emerged as the frontrunner to take over from John Maughan as Offaly football manager.

Kearns is a highly experienced manager, having taken charge of Limerick, Laois and Tipperary in the past. While with Tipperary, they reached an All-Ireland semi-final in 2016. He has also been coach to Roscommon when John Evans was in charge for a brief period in 2015.

Offaly are due to make a final decision tomorrow night but Kearns, it seems, is favourite for the role. He has been involved with Roscommon club Clann na nGael in recent seasons.

Initially it looked like Tomás Ó Sé, a coach under Maughan this year, would take over from the Mayo man who was four years in charge but a change in work circumstances has apparently ruled him out of contention.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

From Offaly GAA

The Management Committee of Offaly GAA is pleased to recommend Liam Kearns as the new manager of our senior football team.

Meanwhile Davy Fitzgerald is back as Waterford hurling manager.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tubberman

And Stephen Rochford linked with Roscommon
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tubberman on August 11, 2022, 09:02:14 PM
If looking to become a manager again then why didn't he look to become the next Mayo or Donegal manager?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

marty34

Quote from: laoislad on August 11, 2022, 09:14:23 PM
Davy Fitz back with Waterford.

I've got 2 All-Irelands and you've got f#*k all.

:o

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 11, 2022, 09:13:46 PM
If looking to become a manager again then why didn't he look to become the next Mayo or Donegal manager?

I don't understand any decision he made since stepping down as mayo manager

Tubberman

Quote from: marty34 on August 11, 2022, 09:24:44 PM

Jesus, he's a decent manager but he's on the circuit a long while now, and waterford seemed to be going places under Cahill until the implosion in this years champ.
Surely someone up and coming rather than this little f**ker roaring in their faces would be a better bet?

marty34

Quote from: Tubberman on August 11, 2022, 09:29:47 PM

Jesus, he's a decent manager but he's on the circuit a long while now, and waterford seemed to be going places under Cahill until the implosion in this years champ.
Surely someone up and coming rather than this little f**ker roaring in their faces would be a better bet?

My quote was what he shouted at Mullane, I think, when he was manager of Clare in a match at Thurles.

I'd say quite a few Déise fans won't be happy.

Rossfan

Is that this week's rumour?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

yellowcard

Quote from: Tubberman on August 11, 2022, 09:29:47 PM

It's a skill in itself that Davy has perfected in staying relevant at the top for so long. He is a career GAA man and must be near the top of the all time earners list. Maybe Breheny can do up another of his top 50s on the merry go round.

As for the Mayo managerial saga with all the candidates seemingly out in the open, they could run it off like a reality tv show and vote out a management team every week before arriving at the winner. In true Mayo style.