Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on August 23, 2022, 02:29:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2022, 02:09:24 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on August 23, 2022, 01:32:57 PM
Must be why there is a St Galls man appointed to do Creggan v Johns, unusual to have a ref from a team in the same group

Also strange that the LD V St Galls game is on Friday night, would have thought these would have been played at the same time 

Quote from: breakingball on August 23, 2022, 12:55:25 PM
Now it begins to get interesting, every team still playing for something bar st galls?

Maybe i am wrong, but is he not saying St Galls have no say in the matter anymore, so there is no issue with having a ref from a team in the group?

If St Galls were still in the race then it would be a different matter.

Why? How would there be benefit in this? I'd really like to know.. We are on zero points, talk me through your logic?

So does it matter? and why bring it up? unusual to have a ref from a team in the same group
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

Relax MR2 not like you would have been specifically appointed by your LD pals

Must be why there is a St Galls man appointed to do Creggan v Johns, unusual to have a ref from a team in the same group

Also strange that the LD V St Galls game is on Friday night, would have thought these would have been played at the same time 

Now it begins to get interesting, every team still playing for something bar st galls?

Why? How would there be benefit in this? I'd really like to know.. We are on zero points, talk me through your logic?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on August 23, 2022, 03:39:46 PM

I'd be just as happy doing Junior, which I'm also doing and 2 underage games before that... I reckon if we'd more refs we'd have less issues with getting  appointments allocated.. Don't be shy  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2022, 03:50:09 PM

I'd be just as happy doing Junior, which I'm also doing and 2 underage games before that... I reckon if we'd more refs we'd have less issues with getting  appointments allocated.. Don't be shy  ;)
You seem to get all the biggest games

Would ye whist

The best ref's often do EOC

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 23, 2022, 04:03:34 PM

Milltown Row2

juvenile games tonight and thursday and Junior on Friday.. We certainly don't have a say in them that's for sure

I'd say the Rossa game would be a bigger game, I'd have preferred that one

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2022, 04:23:12 PM

juvenile games tonight and thursday and Junior on Friday.. We certainly don't have a say in them that's for sure

I'd say the Rossa game would be a bigger game, I'd have preferred that one

With Cargin  already through to the next phase and possibly taking the opportunity to give more game time to their youthful panel seems no opportunity for the whistler to be influential...?

Milltown Row2

In what way? I don't understand how he influences the game.. the players decide who wins, well unless  that's changed from my playing days...

I know there are some conspiracy nut jobs out there though so can't discount their crackpot theories

Lár na páirce 1

Sometimes a square on shoulder to shoulder on the 13M line results in a free in to tap over at a crucial time of a game? Or a clear black/possibly red card from former county full back goes unpunished.
but we can all make mistakes only human after all it can't be an easy job fair play to anyone pulling on a referee top

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on August 23, 2022, 09:19:20 PM
Sometimes a square on shoulder to shoulder on the 13M line results in a free in to tap over at a crucial time of a game? Or a clear black/possibly red card from former county full back goes unpunished.
but we can all make mistakes only human after all it can't be an easy job fair play to anyone pulling on a referee top

That's the ref's call in those games are hard, he's a split second to call, peoples angles may be different and their interpretation is different, but teams ultimately determine games.. ref's don't care who runs tbh.

Stretching with the black/ref card though ;D other after reviewing could have been different

Saffsof82

Personally no skin in this game, say mr2 ref st Endas v Rossa the other week, did his job without incident, but 2 awful teams involved in an awful game , can't blame the ref for that level of negativity

Dunsilly King

Massive game for us at the weekend, we haven't been playing as well as we can, however this game is the beginning of our title defence, its knockout football all the way and our hunger for more success will now be properly tested. McCanns acl injury is a blow to us but we coped last season with big injuries, we can cope with is this.

Saffsof82

Quote from: Dunsilly King on August 24, 2022, 04:18:06 PM
Massive game for us at the weekend, we haven't been playing as well as we can, however this game is the beginning of our title defence, its knockout football all the way and our hunger for more success will now be properly tested. McCanns acl injury is a blow to us but we coped last season with big injuries, we can cope with is this.

Any idea why dk yous haven't been firing ??

Caesar

Possibly not at their best so far, but don't be writing Creggan off just yet. Still a two horse race in my view.

erinsboy

Where Creggan not slow to start last year also ?