Missing Posters

Started by Farrandeelin, February 15, 2007, 03:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Substandard

RIP Lar.  Enjoyed his posts, whether agreeing or not with them.  A good man, and a passion for his county that was admirable.

Blowitupref

His passion and love for his county and all things GAA was to be admired. RIP Lar Naparka.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Sean3

Very sad news. RIP Lar

gerrykeegan

Sad news indeed and I echo those who admired his passion. RIP
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

MacDanger

RIP Lar / Eamonn, was always an excellent poster

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h'anam dílis

weareros

Very sad news. He told such wonderful stories. The bicycle ride on Halloween night was a classic. I'd often debate the Ballagh situation with him and he had a talent for keeping things humorous. Rest In Peace, Lar.

rrhf

Never met him... but you knew him... such is the GAA Board.  Always a gentleman and made tuning in here all the more worthwhile.  RIP Lar..

brokencrossbar1

Ah jaysus one of the Board greats. It's always strange when we have a death of a board member. There haven't been many over the years but for fellas like Lar it's kinda like the death of a lad you meet at an inter county game regularly. Not your friend as such but as you'd debate the game or society your respect for them is always there. The various different versions of the board has brought many together as friends and more and it always has been a great community. 18 years I've been posting and men like Lar kept it worthwhile.

Keep catching the balls i lar na pairce. RIP

Itchy

Very sad news, RIP Lar/Eamonn.

SLIGONIAN

Rest In peace Lar/Eamon, an absolute gent of a man. He helped me grow a lot up on here. He would always have my back and help protect me from myself when id lose the run of myself on here in the early years. A mentor for sure.

I met him once at a Sligo Mayo match in 2010. Very sad news.

Condolescenes to all his family and friends.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tatler Jack on April 12, 2022, 08:51:31 PM
I never knew Lar or met him but I feel that those of us who drop in here have lost a colleague that we feel we knew,

Very well put.

It's a strange feeling as to how to respond in these circumstances. I never met Lar, never knew his real name and I don't believe I ever engaged with him on this Board and yet somehow there is still a feeling of loss, if that makes any sense at all. He was a member of the same on line community as I was and his passing leaves our community that bit poorer.

Genuinely very sorry to hear this awful news and I offer my condolences to Eamon's family and friends.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

David McKeown

I am deeply saddened by this news. Like others I never met the man but I still feel like I knew him. I dipped in and out of the board over the years but always found Lar to be a constant. The only private conversation I had with him was why I didn't use a pseudonym. I said it was to make me hold my tongue and not say something I wouldn't say to someone's face in real life. I'll not say how he responded.

With that in mind. I will say Lar has and will continue to be missed. This board is the richer for having known him and the poorer for now having lost him. May he rest in peace and May he be looking down when his beloved Mayo finally lift Sam.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

oakleaflad

Very sad news. RIP Lar.

Denn Forever

Sad news.  Always straight to the point with measured thoughts and arguements.  Thoughts with his friends and family.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...