FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: spuds on September 06, 2011, 08:58:08 PM
We play Armenia at home and Andorra away so all in our own hands. Are Armenia the new Brazil ?

Nah. Tonight's their All Ireland.

Capt Pat

3-0 to Armenia. What happened to the Slovaks?

spuds

Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2011, 08:58:19 PM
Quote from: spuds on September 06, 2011, 08:55:41 PM
0-3 now !!!

Robbie Keane must have brought the Slovaks to Copper Face Jacks after the game the other night.
Still hungover...

Looked like Pavlyuchenko was asking Robbie Keane at final whistle earlier if he fancied a run at a few Russian chicks afterwards. Our captain kept shaking his head saying that he had t make it back to The Plazza.

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 08:59:28 PM
We play Armenia at home and Andorra away so all in our own hands. Are Armenia the new Brazil ?

Hurling or football ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

GalwayBayBoy

Great result for Ireland either way as it removes the possibility of a 3 way tie. If Ireland win their final two games now there is even a chance they could top the group if the Slovaks beat Russia at home which is very possible.

AZOffaly

Quote from: spuds on September 06, 2011, 09:03:17 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2011, 08:58:19 PM
Quote from: spuds on September 06, 2011, 08:55:41 PM
0-3 now !!!

Robbie Keane must have brought the Slovaks to Copper Face Jacks after the game the other night.
Still hungover...

Looked like Pavlyuchenko was asking Robbie Keane at final whistle earlier if he fancied a run at a few Russian chicks afterwards. Our captain kept shaking his head saying that he had t make it back to The Plazza.

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 08:59:28 PM

Hurling or football ?

They've scored 3 goals, can't be football. Although Slovakia are no Donegal.

GalwayBayBoy

SLIGONIAN

How does qualification work? 16 teams qualify, 8 groups top 8, all the 2nds is 8 aswell why is there play offs? Is there best runners up?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

trileacman

Aertel sports heading:    Republic survive Republic Torpedo's.     :D
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

TacadoirArdMhacha

The Armenians are 4 up now. Magnificent news from Bratislava. I think Wales might have given them a similarly spanking in the the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

The key match now is Slovakia v Russia. We'll presume Ireland beat Andorra that night.

If Russia win or draw - a point at home to Armenia will secure a play off berth

If Slovakia beat Russia - two Ireland victories would put them top of the group and therefore through automatically.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AZOffaly

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 06, 2011, 09:11:01 PM
How does qualification work? 16 teams qualify, 8 groups top 8, all the 2nds is 8 aswell why is there play offs? Is there best runners up?

Host nations take 2 of the spots, so there must be some class of playoff type thing.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 09:13:59 PM

Host nations take 2 of the spots, so there must be some class of playoff type thing.

16 qualifiers

2 hosts
9 group winners
1 best placed 2nd tea,
4 play off winners
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

Armenia back in the running now and the last game between them and Ireland will have a lot hanging on it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Anyone watching England Wales? Rob Earnshaw just missed an absolute sitter :) 1-0 to England, 77 mins.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 06, 2011, 09:17:09 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 09:13:59 PM

16 qualifiers

2 hosts
9 group winners
1 best placed 2nd tea,
4 play off winners
Cheers tacadoir and AZ, was thinking there was a best placed runner up, Jees armenia ireland will be a humdinger if the slovaks beat russia,

The Slovakia V Russia game kicks off at 20.15 and our game against Andorra kicks off at 21.30 hope to watch both.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

INDIANA

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 06, 2011, 09:12:07 PM
The Armenians are 4 up now. Magnificent news from Bratislava. I think Wales might have given them a similarly spanking in the the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

The key match now is Slovakia v Russia. We'll presume Ireland beat Andorra that night.

If Russia win or draw - a point at home to Armenia will secure a play off berth

If Slovakia beat Russia - two Ireland victories would put them top of the group and therefore through automatically.

Is anyone seriously suggesting slovakia will beat russia when russia only need a draw against them. Slovakia are a s*** team.