FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Hard to believe Holland probably won't make it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ashman

Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2015, 08:27:05 AM

It is not really ,  they overachieved in the last WC .  also they along with a lot of the bigger countries have lost focus.  Like it or not the Euro has been dumbed down as a sop to European countries who will find it harder to get to World Cup.

ONeill

But that's why it's hard to believe they probably won't make it. Platini dumbed down qualification so any shite side can make it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

The third place teams look to be the following Turkey, Bosnia Herz, Ukraine, Slovenia, Hungary, Sweden, Croatia, Albania.

There is a mixed bag of who you'd fear to meet and who you'd like to meet. For them to be finishing 3rd in their group means they are no great shakes. But the same can be said of us?

StGallsGAA

But for the last kick of the ball equaliser for Germany v Scotland, am I right in thinking we'd be sitting above them on better head-to-head?  That would have left us winning the group should we beat Poland tonight?  For that reason alone I hate those useless  tartan twats!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 11, 2015, 02:51:35 PM
But for the last kick of the ball equaliser for Poland Germany v Scotland, am I right in thinking we'd be sitting above them on better head-to-head?  That would have left us winning the group should we beat Poland tonight?  For that reason alone I hate those useless  tartan t**ts!!

seafoid

Quote from: ashman on October 11, 2015, 10:11:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2015, 08:27:05 AM

It is not really ,  they overachieved in the last WC .  also they along with a lot of the bigger countries have lost focus.  Like it or not the Euro has been dumbed down as a sop to European countries who will find it harder to get to World Cup.
yeah. And look at what happened to Ireland qualifying last time. The Euros are too diluted.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Ireland: Randolph; Coleman, Keogh, O'Shea, Brady; Whelan, McCarthy, Hendrick, McClean; Walters, Long
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

More conventional.

Hoolohan was great the other night as was the right back. Harsh on both.

Pub Bore

Embarrassing from Giles and Dunphy, they clearly haven't a clue

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

clarshack

Quote from: bridgegael on October 11, 2015, 07:27:11 PM
what they say now? wouldnt watch them

dunphy going mad that hoolahan isnt starting.