Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Why was the late EC goal disallowed?  Seems like they were screwed between that and the first goal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 14, 2022, 10:38:05 AM
Why was the late EC goal disallowed?  Seems like they were screwed between that and the first goal.
Square ball? Although I've no idea what the correct rule for that is these days.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 14, 2022, 10:42:50 AM
Square ball? Although I've no idea what the correct rule for that is these days.

Yeah player in square before pass made.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 14, 2022, 10:44:39 AM

I didnt think he was. There was a player in the square before the pass, but not the goalscorer.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 14, 2022, 10:49:00 AM

I didnt think he was. There was a player in the square before the pass, but not the goalscorer.

Think its still square ball, player in the square before ball played regardless of who scores
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FermGael

Gowna second goal was also a clear square ball
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

nrico2006

The EC goal looked legit, man was 100% outside the box.  Wasn't aware that it was still a free even if a player was in there and didn't play the ball though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

Errigal Ciaran goal looked like a square ball in real time but there were no conclusive replays so difficult to say. They had legitimate complaints around the first half Glen goal though. Errigal tried the usual Tyrone stuff of trying to provoke a melee near the end of the match when they knew the game was up but Glen didn't fall for it. There won't be a better midfield pairing at club level in the country than the Glen midfield.

imtommygunn

I thought the Glen number 10 was the main aggressor if you, and a few others, are referring to the thing with Ruairi Canavan towards the end.

barelegs

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2022, 10:52:12 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 14, 2022, 10:49:00 AM

Think its still square ball, player in the square before ball played regardless of who scores

I wasn't sure the ball left the small square after it came back of the crossbar which if that was the case it couldn't have been square ball. Highlights weren't conclusive - would need to see again.

Regardless Errigal were far too open defensively to have any complaints about the result. They'll be a better side for the experience.  But if the Tyrone championship is anything to go by they'll not be back in Ulster for a couple of years!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2022, 11:08:15 AM
I thought the Glen number 10 was the main aggressor if you, and a few others, are referring to the thing with Ruairi Canavan towards the end.

Hardly. Daragh Canavan with a sneaky slap on Ethan during that schmozzle

imtommygunn

Ai but what started the schmozzle?

Armagh18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 14, 2022, 11:14:00 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2022, 11:08:15 AM

Hardly. Daragh Canavan with a sneaky slap on Ethan during that schmozzle
There was definitely a punch thrown by one of the EC lads at the end, not that it mattered Glen were too smart to get involved in a row at that stage. No disrespect to the other teams but really looking forward to the final now.

thewobbler

Anyone else find themselves agitated by the Glen physios constant intrusions onto the field? And the female one in particular, interfering in the handbags?

I know they've a job to do, but running helter skelter onto the pitch as soon as any Glen body part above the feet touches the ground, is ridiculous, and dangerous.

I hope that pair are fined and banned.

Armagh18

Quote from: thewobbler on November 14, 2022, 11:27:08 AM
Anyone else find themselves agitated by the Glen physios constant intrusions onto the field? And the female one in particular, interfering in the handbags?

I know they've a job to do, but running helter skelter onto the pitch as soon as any Glen body part above the feet touches the ground, is ridiculous, and dangerous.

I hope that pair are fined and banned.
Yeah not sure what she was at getting stuck in the middle of the handbags that time, could have been hurt if it had kicked off