Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: erinsboy on September 08, 2023, 09:29:06 PM
Great to see Dunloy winning but where did the ref get over 8min of extra time from????????????

He's explained this before he has every second accounted for and keeps the players informed
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

barelegs

LD were poor Jordan and McKeown aside but thought Darren gave Dunloy the benefit of the doubt on some big decisions. Have no idea where he found 8 minutes of injury time. Seemed to play on until he got Dunloy an equaliser. Murray looked to have a goal in the first half extra time kicked out of the net it was so far over the line and the 45 to bring Dunloy level in the second half of extra time didn't look like a 45. Couldn't see where Finucane got a touch.

Dunloy certainly looked the fitter side. Lamh Dhearg missing Lynch and Mervyn badly - they were very open in the middle of the defence.

imtommygunn

Quote from: stiffler on September 08, 2023, 09:54:16 PM
Great entertainment in dunsilly this evening, I thought Dunloy were fully deserving of the win. Serious pace and directness in the forward line. On another note, I thought the ref had a good game, he didn't fall for the usual dark arts we have seen from LD over the last few years.

Their men were down a lot and they kind of paid the price.

Fair play to Dunloy. Also shows you how important conditioning is in football. Half the Dunloy ones have it from county hurling. Mckeown should be worth a look for county. Smith at cub for Dunloy very good too.

Busy schedule awaits now.

bannside

Good game of football with the result not as big a surprise given the way a lot of those Dunloy lads went through their juvenile careers picking up football medals for fun. They have the wind at their back now and won't fear anyone that's for sure. Declan Smyth looked every inch a county footballer there tonight, and Mc Keown too, I'm sure both are firmly in Andys notebook after watching that.

The supreme Marc Jordan didn't deserve to be on a losing team tonight, his performance as good as good as I have seen in a long long time.

Antrim footballer of the year 2023.

geezer

Well done to mr2, no interest in players trying to buy frees & if any slabbering at frees (LD) move it forward. Job well done.

As said previous, bar jordan & mckeown, LD were poor. Missed Lynch through the middle, couldnt stop the run.

But fair play to Dunloy, well deserved. Smyth at 6 was excellent. As were the 2 elliots. Will be a massive threat in the semis and maybe beyond. Well done.

bannside

Good shout Geezer, well done Mr2, you can be well pleased with that performance, tbf.

Lár na páirce 1

Is that three QF exits on the bounce for LD now? Dunloy always were gonna give that a lash and Lynch missing from middle helped limited player an all as he is he stands his ground.huge result and possibly not only so called shock of weekend.

Ghost+Tommy

Behind the Dunloy bench at full time,they were livid saying C Murray hit M Smith a cowardly punch walking past him,officials conveniently never seen it

imtommygunn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 09, 2023, 06:44:14 AM
Having a go at the officials for not seeing an incident that you didn't even see yourself.

;D

Ghost+Tommy

I didn't see it DIE,but then I wasn't officiating,just saying what they were cross about,and what I seen was no 23 with a busted mouth,DMc K had a good game in my eyes,not having a pop at them,just repeating what they said about the officials conveniently bot seeing it

Ghost+Tommy

Creggan will be fancying Thier chances off getting to a county final after last night's result,theyll be too good for Pg1 6pts,and then dunloy who they have already beat handy enough in the group stages

referee

The man in the middle had a steady game,and tbh always has,I didn't see the incident myself,just looked as they were angry about something,best team won,they won't fear casements or kickhams,they can sit back and watch it unfold today,still think the green army won't be stopped

stiffler

Should be another exciting game ahead today, I fancy portglenone to do the business, the only thing they would worry me would be complacency on their part. Great opportunity for them to get to a final this year.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Ghost+Tommy

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 09, 2023, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on September 09, 2023, 09:42:14 AM
I didn't see it DIE,but then I wasn't officiating,just saying what they were cross about,and what I seen was no 23 with a busted mouth,DMc K had a good game in my eyes,not having a pop at them,just repeating what they said about the officials conveniently bot seeing it
Whether you were officiating or not, you are human like the officials. In the same way that you can only look in one direction at a given time, so can they.

It's a major part of the problem when it comes to the abuse the officials receive. The ridiculous expectation that they must see everything. And if they don't, it's "convenient" or they are blatantly cheating.

Pathetic.
As I said,just repeating what was said by a dunloy person in the dugout area,I know they're human,as I said,D Mc K had a solid game,I don't expect him to see everything, 4 umpires and 2 linesmen are there to help with that,maybe it can be picked up on the stream what they were incensed about

referee

Either way G+T and Duine move on,it's championship football ,3 good games over the next 2 days at senior