Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Crazy money for Pogba but its not mine and it would only end up in the Glazers back pocket eventually. World class players don't come available too often so you've got to pounce when their available or before they move to another rich club. Its nigh on impossible trying to buy a player from a big club that they want to keep.

Pogba is a hugely marketable player so United will make a lot of money from him if we manage to sign him, playing wise he'll suit the PL and Mourinho's style. His height would certainly be a welcome addition.

TabClear

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 20, 2016, 03:24:56 PM
Crazy money for Pogba but its not mine and it would only end up in the Glazers back pocket eventually. World class players don't come available too often so you've got to pounce when their available or before they move to another rich club. Its nigh on impossible trying to buy a player from a big club that they want to keep.

Pogba is a hugely marketable player so United will make a lot of money from him if we manage to sign him, playing wise he'll suit the PL and Mourinho's style. His height would certainly be a welcome addition.

Expensive mistake to let him go in the first place. But you're right,  it's the yanks money  so why not.  It will be interesting to see how Jose plays him. Outstanding talent.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: grantwool on July 20, 2016, 04:49:04 AM
What you guys think about the offer of Man Utd to Pogba?
Ridiculous. It's expected with Woodward still over the transfers.

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 20, 2016, 03:32:29 PM
Quote from: grantwool on July 20, 2016, 04:49:04 AM
What you guys think about the offer of Man Utd to Pogba?
Ridiculous. It's expected with Woodward still over the transfers.

Would he be cheaper if Woodie wasn't in charge?

Minder

How will they ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2016, 11:08:25 PM

How will they ?

Who cares?

UTD should be in for the best in the world. Let the accountants worry about prices/wages etc. No business of the fans.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool fans worried/concerned over Utds dealings?? Its daft, Utd can buy whoever they want (and they did when I grew up and won feck all) but winning the league requires a good balance, cant see it happening this year or next, but maybe after that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2016, 11:53:11 PM
Liverpool fans worried/concerned over Utds dealings?? Its daft, Utd can buy whoever they want (and they did when I grew up and won feck all) but winning the league requires a good balance, cant see it happening this year or next, but maybe after that

How did you come to that conclusion ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ashman

To be honest I still am undecided as to whether Pogba is the next Zidane or Carlton Palmer.  He often looks graceful and often looks leggy and coltish .

grantwool

I agree on this. Pogba will fit in the EPL yet rumours are all over now that Juventus rejected Man United offer. It's just saddening.

ludermor

Quote from: grantwool on July 21, 2016, 04:48:52 AM

I agree on this. Pogba will fit in the EPL yet rumours are all over now that Juventus rejected Man United offer. It's just saddening.
Really?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2016, 11:57:04 PM

The numerous posts about Utds transfers from Liverpool supporters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

supersarsfields

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2016, 09:08:47 AM
Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2016, 11:57:04 PM

The numerous posts about Utds transfers from Liverpool supporters

FFS give over. It's like saying Donegal fans shouldn't discuss anything to do Mayo or Dublin. It's a discussion board, Liverpool and United play in the same league, their interlinked. Get over it.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2016, 11:08:25 PM

How will they ?

United makes tens of millions through marketing partnerships with companies over the world. More big name players equals more partnerships and income.

gallsman

It's just that simple, is it?

Pogba is a cracking footballer but as of now, he's no brand.