1 (1.6%)
Higgins Michael D
22 (36.1%)
Ní Riada Liadh
15 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: October 27, 2018, 05:24:49 PM

Esmarelda

You think that the lowest polling candidate saying something controversial constitutes him having balls?

So not a desperate attempt to get back in the race?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 27, 2018, 08:55:23 PM
You think that the lowest polling candidate saying something controversial constitutes him having balls?

He opened a wound? Do you think he had an influence on those who voted for him? That he changed what they thought when he said what he said? If he said that the Bankers had a lot to answer for the surge in support would have been minimal (and he'd have a fair few less to play golf with in Donegal). It is easier to pick on a group that in the main don't vote. That not to say some of what he said has substance. But sure you can't say anything about anyone anymore. Without the gender, race or what ever else can be dug up being brought onto the table. Casey like all the rest of the chasing bunch had a bit of a Johnny come lately Candidates about them. Glad to see Michael D get back in, not that it was ever in doubt.

Esmarelda

If he'd mentioned bankers he'd have being telling us what they did and what was wrong with it and the huge effect it had on the country. But instead he said that travellers (not some travellers) camp on other people's land. I reckon you can clearly see the difference and I wonder why you'd make the comparison.

trailer

Casey spoke his mind and owned his comments. That's why people supported him. 21% isn't a protest vote. A lot of Ireland liked what he had to say. However it should not be overlooked that Michael D absolutely romped home with a massive endorsement. Thankfully Irish people recognise experience and class. 

SF should have owned the protest vote. Only political party to run a candidate. Put a massive effort in and were widely rejected and lost their expenses (although they can afford this 20 times over). A party in trouble. Interesting times ahead for Mary Lou and Michelle. 

Rossfan

Cómhgáirdeas a Michíl  D.
An méad is mó vótai a fuair éinne riamh in ÉirInn.
SF agus Marylou = uafásach.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Higgins is obviously doing a decent job to be reelected. The first  president since De Valera. But he too old to be president. He will be 84/85 when second term is up. One spell of 7 years was enough. Enough for anyone. 4 years in US.

Rossfan

Doesn't really take much balls to hit upon a small non voting group that hardly anyone likes or can say a good word for.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on October 28, 2018, 12:31:25 AM

Doesn't really take much balls to hit upon a small non voting group that hardly anyone likes or can say a good word for.
Who did he slag off?  incarcerated pedophiles?

manfromdelmonte

Welfare scroungers?
People on housing waiting list who refuse houses?

Esmarelda

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 28, 2018, 06:35:59 AM

Welfare scroungers?
I imagine people have indeed turned down houses for many reasons but Casey only focused one particular case. Same applies for people that don't pay tax. I seem to remember a very high profile case of corporation tax not being paid. Casey also didn't mention that. What conclusion should I draw from that?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 28, 2018, 08:02:49 AM

Welfare scroungers?
I imagine people have indeed turned down houses for many reasons but Casey only focused one particular case. Same applies for people that don't pay tax. I seem to remember a very high profile case of corporation tax not being paid. Casey also didn't mention that. What conclusion should I draw from that?
If you're desperate for a house, you don't turn one down just because it's not beside your parents or the neighbours don't suit you
Everyone should pay their fair share of tax in Ireland
Every cent is  needed to fly the government jet up and down to Belfast

Hardy

Well done Casey. It's working perfectly. The sheep are bleating.

Esmarelda

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 28, 2018, 08:10:30 AM

Welfare scroungers?
If you're desperate for a house, you don't turn one down just because it's not beside your parents or the neighbours don't suit you
Why reply and intentionally avoid the point?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 28, 2018, 08:37:56 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 28, 2018, 08:10:30 AM

Welfare scroungers?
Why reply and intentionally avoid the point?
What corporation tax?
I said everyone should pay their share
From long-term unemployed to millionaires
Its the basis of a republic

seafoid

Pat Leahy in the Irish Times

« Students should be able to live on university campuses. People should be able get on the housing ladder. We are too focused on Dublin. We should use the networks of the diaspora. It's a disgrace that elderly women are on hospital trolleys. And so on and so on, brain-farting out soundbites and platitudes.

This isn't the rise of a new political force. It's taxi-driver stuff. It's the end of the bar in the golf club after a long day. It's Ross O'Carroll-  Kelly's dad with a Derry accent. »

I think he is very complacent. It's not going to be a new political movement tomorrow but it is not going to go away. FF already blew up over this issue when it didn't understand the people.
and patronised them with plámás.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU