Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Connacht Minor Club A semi final results

Salthill Knockncarra (Galway) 1-9 Westport (Mayo) 0-21
St Brigids (Roscommon) 2-11 St Marys (Leitrim) 1-5

sligoman2

3 Connacht championship games in 3 days this weekend for tourlestrane.  Minor final on Friday, ladies junior final on Saturday and men's senior  v ballintubber on Sunday.  That must be a record.  Great club with a great tradition, best of luck to all involved.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

tippabu

Quote from: sligoman2 on October 30, 2018, 10:20:17 PM
3 Connacht finals in 3 days this weekend for tourlestrane.  Minor on Friday, ladies junior on Saturday and men's senior on Sunday.  That must be a record.  Great club with a great tradition, best of luck to all involved.
                      3   3.  3.

mens senior?

Cunny Funt

3 Connacht finals in 3 days this weekend for tourlestrane.  Minor on Friday, ladies junior on Saturday and men's senior on Sunday.  That must be a record.  Great club with a great tradition, best of luck to all involved.
                      3   3.  3.
Its a quarter final for tourlestrane seniors on Sunday.

tippabu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 30, 2018, 10:44:37 PM
                      3   3.  3.

i suppose technically it is a 1/4 final so....

sligoman2

Quote from: tippabu on October 30, 2018, 10:49:03 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 30, 2018, 10:44:37 PM
                      3   3.  3.

i suppose technically it is a 1/4 final so....

Sorry I should read twice post once.  Anyway the corrections are posted in the original post above, very proud of what our small club has achieved and think it might be unprecedented for any club to have this amount of provincial games (2 finals one qf) in a 3 day span.

Brilliant

iorras

3 Connacht championship games in 3 days this weekend for tourlestrane.  Minor final on Friday, ladies junior final on Saturday and men's senior  v ballintubber on Sunday.  That must be a record.  Great club with a great tradition, best of luck to all involved.
Yerra, an owl B final, sure anyone can get into a ladies junior final and Ballintubber will give ye an awful hammering in the senior. Wouldn't get too carried away :)

Manning18

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 30, 2018, 07:03:08 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on October 30, 2018, 03:05:07 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on October 30, 2018, 11:50:12 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 30, 2018, 10:27:47 AM
MM must be gutted to get so close, can't see it happening again the next day.

From a county point of view how did Molloy, Wall and John Daly play?

Molloy was good but I've seen him better all the same, he made a few good runs forward and had one lung bursting run to get back before his man to save an open goal. Wall was marking Michael Daly for a lot of the game and did fairly well on him. That meant he didn't get forward as much as in other games. Didn't take much notice of John Daly, the way MM played nobody really stood out for th m, it was more of a solid team performance.

I didn't take that from the game at all. Molloy was his usual industrious self but perhaps lacking in overall quality, that could hold him back form being an inter-county starter. Wall was slightly disappointing, nothing majorly wrong but gave away a few frees and sloppy in possession at times. Thought Daly looked the best prospect of the 3 (youngest also). Comfortable on the ball. But hard to notice him or any other individual in that blanket MM brought

To be honest I've seen a fair bit of Corofin and Mountbellew this year and both Molloy and Wall look like better prospects at the minute, Daly is younger than them and just back from injury but for me at this moment in time they'd be ahead of him. You couldn't base anything on last Sunday it was a desperate game. Don't agree with your opinion on Molloy either, if Cathal Sweeney and Declan Kyne are inter county starters (in Galway anyway) he definitely is.

Fair enough, and I do actually agree on your last point, he's probably above their level, for all that Kyne can be slightly underrated.

sligoman2

Quote from: iorras on October 31, 2018, 09:30:49 AM
Yerra, an owl B final, sure anyone can get into a ladies junior final and Ballintubber will give ye an awful hammering in the senior. Wouldn't get too carried away :)

Thanks Iorras, how is your club doing??

magpie seanie

Best of luck to Tourlestrane.

Owenmoresider

Senior Football
QFs - 4th November
Tourlestrane (Sligo) v Ballintubber (Mayo)
Clann na Gael (Roscommon) v Tir Conaill Gaels (London)

SFs - 11th November
Aughawillan (Leitrim) v Mayo/Sligo
Galway v Roscommon/London

Final - 25th November

Intermediate Football
QF - 3rd November
Fenagh (Leitrim) v Shamrock Gaels (Sligo)

SFs - 10th November
An Spideal (Galway) v Belmullet (Mayo)
Fuerty or Oran (Roscommon) v Sligo/Leitrim

Junior Football
QF - 3rd November
Easkey (Sligo) v Glenfarne/Kilty (Leitrim)

SFs - 10th November
Kilglass Gaels (Roscommon) v Clonbur (Galway)
Balla (Mayo) v Sligo/Leitrim

Senior Hurling
St Thomas v Sarsfields
Liam Mellows v Cappataggle

Intermediate Hurling
QF - 29th October
Tooreen (Mayo) v Athleague (Roscommon)

SF - 10/11 November
St Gabriels (London) v Tooreen (Mayo)

F - 18th November
Kilconieron or Oranmore/Maree (Galway) v winners

Junior Hurling
SF - 29th October
Coolera/Strandhill (Sligo) v Carrick (Leitrim)

F - TBC
Carrick (Leitrim) v Ballinasloe or Micheal Breathnach (Galway)

SLIGONIAN

Best Of Luck Tourlestrane in all matches
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Cunny Funt

Full time in Minor Club B Final  Mountbellew Moylough 0-9 TourlestraneGaa 0-7. St Brigids v Westport starting shortly and is screened live on youtube.

Cunny Funt

Westport 1-8 St Brigids 1-5 at half time. A good game played terrible conditions

Cunny Funt

Brigids Connacht minor champions for a 2nd year in a row. FT St Brigids 1-11 Westport 1-10