NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: hoynevalley on February 19, 2022, 01:48:24 PM
https://punditarena.com/gaa/gaelic-football/andrewdempsey/philly-mcmahon-explains-egos-mayo-side/

Thanks Kerry for Sams, the greatest, and your other bullshit names for another inciteful story.
Hope the studying for your leaving cert is going well.

straightred

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 19, 2022, 07:08:24 PM
Armagh 1-7 Monaghan 0-10. Missed penalty proved costly however that Armagh performance was lucky to get a draw.

Monaghan managed it out very well in the end. Probably the sensible thing to do. How did O'Neill not get a black though. The very definition of a black card and he gives a yellow ?

Schkite

Christ, don't know what to make of that game. Half way through the second half I'd probably have taken a draw with the way it was going, but we should racked up a much bigger score in the first half which would have been loads based on that final score. But still, once we had that double whammy at the start of the 2nd half of Bannigan missing a goal and McManus being sent off, I knew we were in for a rough half an hour. Then I really expected Armagh to pull away when we went down to 13 men for a bit, luckily we held strong enough

We really needed the win here, but it was a bit similar to our first two games where we had plenty of chances to rack up a score early, but not take them and then struggle at the end in a tight game. We really need to work on the decision making and finishing, we created plenty but were so wasteful.

Schkite

Quote from: 5times5times on February 19, 2022, 07:11:06 PM
Cassidy's missus must be from Monaghan. Soft free after soft free for Monaghan

With the decisions he gave against us, and some the other way(no black card for O'Neill), he must really hate his missus  ;D

illdecide

Barry Cassidy is a brutal referee...Full Stop. Draw prob fair result although Monaghan should have been out of sight in first half, with Armagh's better 2nd half performance and going in front with an extra man they should have won but couldn't see it out. Poor game in bad conditions, awful wides, awful ref and a touch of reality for Armagh that they've a long way to go yet.
McManus red card was a big turning point and I believe if he'd have stayed on the pitch Monaghan would have won, TBF to Rory B he gets himself into positions as an outfield player that can almost take away the impact of losing a man to a red card.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: Schkite on February 19, 2022, 07:17:48 PM

With the decisions he gave against us, and some the other way(no black card for O'Neill), he must really hate his missus  ;D

:)...V good
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Schkite

Quote from: illdecide on February 19, 2022, 07:21:01 PM

:)...V good

Tbh I just think he's shite in general, he wouldn't let any sort of flow to the game, some cards on both sides which were a bit needless

KickPass

Armagh fans talking about winning Sam and they still can't beat Monaghan...even when playing v 14 men for half the game! :D

Solo_run

Quote from: KickPass on February 19, 2022, 07:26:48 PM
Armagh fans talking about winning Sam and they still can't beat Monaghan...even when playing v 14 men for half the game! :D

Where has anyone said that?

general_lee

Good wake up call for Armagh. Oul shite night that suited Monaghan who I was impressed with, dealt with the conditions much better, the sending off and black card all going against them. Only for wayward shooting in first half they would have probably had enough on the board to see the game out. Pressed Armagh and dominated the middle third for larges parts of the game. Almost embarrassed Armagh how they played keep ball at the end having excellently turned the ball over. From an Armagh perspective we are probably lucky to have got a point out of that.

Solo_run

I don't know about the O'Neill tackle. There didn't appear to be anything malicious in it but could understand if he was black-carded.

Horrible conditions out there today which obviously had an impact on the game. Monaghan should have won that game with a few to spare.

Armagh's weak kick-out strategy has been exposed and it had cost them a few points today. I think this was the main sticking point of the game and there needs to be some new tactics drawn up to counter this. There was a serious lack of intensity from Armagh in the first half and periods of the second where they didn't seem to be interested.

I would have taken the point before this game started. Even when Armagh are playing crap they have managed to get a pointswhich is the only positive to take from today's game.

straightred

That was the linesman's fault. He spoke to the ref who then gave the yellow. Terrible decision

straightred

Quote from: Solo_run on February 19, 2022, 07:35:28 PM
I don't know about the O'Neill tackle. There didn't appear to be anything malicious in it but could understand if he was black-carded.

Horrible conditions out there today which obviously had an impact on the game. Monaghan should have won that game with a few to spare.

Armagh's weak kick-out strategy has been exposed and it had cost them a few points today. I think this was the main sticking point of the game and there needs to be some new tactics drawn up to counter this. There was a serious lack of intensity from Armagh in the first half and periods of the second where they didn't seem to be interested.

I would have taken the point before this game started. Even when Armagh are playing crap they have managed to get some points which is the only positive to take from today's game.
he pulled him to the ground. Even his uncle Oisin thought it was a black until he backtracked a bit (afraid of incurring the wrath of his sister)

Wildweasel74

Didn't hit Small hard enough. The king of the cheap shots, rolling around as if he was shot.Not such the tough guy he thinks he is.

Orior

Has anyone on this board stood behind the goals and kicked a ball back onto the pitch, thereby delaying the game?

If so, you're an idiot.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians