Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Seems someone has opened up another account  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 30, 2018, 09:55:02 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 30, 2018, 09:46:06 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 30, 2018, 09:34:12 AM
Non event yesterday but a winning is a good habit so can't grumble. Once again we have to listen to the tripe from Sky Pundits telling us Spurs are a better team, the league table doesn't lie and last weeks result disproves ttat theory. Smalling again was poor yesterday, thought Lindelof did well though.

Hard to judge Lindelof, at times he has looked ordinary enough but I think there is a decent player in there somewhere.

Just wondering what JM has in mind for the squad over the summer. We can all speculate as to what the squad needs but he is the man who has to make it happen.

Agree on Lindelof although done ok since xmas when he's got a game. I'd be more than happy to see Smalling shipped out to be replaced by Alderwiereld.

Is that one on the cards? I am not sure if he would move, unless the wage structure there was holding him back. New stadium on the way and more investment into the Spurs squad will make poaching any of their players that bit more difficult this summer.

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on April 30, 2018, 11:04:31 AM
Non event yesterday but a winning is a good habit so can't grumble. Once again we have to listen to the tripe from Sky Pundits telling us Spurs are a better team, the league table doesn't lie and last weeks result disproves ttat theory. Smalling again was poor yesterday, thought Lindelof did well though.

Hard to judge Lindelof, at times he has looked ordinary enough but I think there is a decent player in there somewhere.

Just wondering what JM has in mind for the squad over the summer. We can all speculate as to what the squad needs but he is the man who has to make it happen.

Agree on Lindelof although done ok since xmas when he's got a game. I'd be more than happy to see Smalling shipped out to be replaced by Alderwiereld.

Is that one on the cards? I am not sure if he would move, unless the wage structure there was holding him back. New stadium on the way and more investment into the Spurs squad will make poaching any of their players that bit more difficult this summer.

Alderweireld is a good as gone, Pochettino has treated him in the same disgraceful way as he did Walker last year.  Alderweireld would be some signing.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

He has a clause in his contract that he can leave for about £20m in 2019 and Spurs won't pay him what he's worth so he'll leave this summer plus it looks like Poch is planing for life without him by hardly playing him recently even though he's been fit.

Spurs stadium costs are way over budget, the additional revenue will go on repayments. Spurs will continue to sell their best players, we've all seen what happens to team who do that.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 30, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

He has a clause in his contract that he can leave for about £20m in 2019 and Spurs won't pay him what he's worth so he'll leave this summer plus it looks like Poch is planing for life without him by hardly playing him recently even though he's been fit.

Spurs stadium costs are way over budget, the additional revenue will go on repayments. Spurs will continue to sell their best players, we've all seen what happens to team who do that.

I think he would be a great signing. To be honest you could pair him with any of the other four and I think he would make them better as well. All four of them are crying out for a settled experienced calm head to play alongside.

StGallsGAA

Owenmoresider

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 29, 2018, 10:50:14 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 29, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
Manchester United vs the top 6 this season:

6 points from Arsenal
4 points from Liverpool
3 points from ManCity
3 points from Chelsea
3 points from Tottenham

Very disappointing return from Liverpool and Spurs.  Usually a banker 6 points from both.
United haven't got 6 points v Tottenham in a season since 2011/12. And only 4/6 once since.

Minder

Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 01, 2018, 08:55:15 AM

6 points from Arsenal
4 points from Liverpool
3 points from ManCity
3 points from Chelsea
3 points from Tottenham

Very disappointing return from Liverpool and Spurs.  Usually a banker 6 points from both.
United haven't got 6 points v Tottenham in a season since 2011/12. And only 4/6 once since.

Leave him alone, he is happy in his own way.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

6 points from Arsenal
4 points from Liverpool
3 points from ManCity
3 points from Chelsea
3 points from Tottenham

Tottenham have never taken 6 points in a Premier League season from United.

Tottenham have choked again this season; it's now 8 straight FA Cup semi-final defeats.

Tottenham have went backwards this season; will have a lower league position and points tally than last season.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Farrandeelin

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 01, 2018, 09:36:29 AM

6 points from Arsenal
4 points from Liverpool
3 points from ManCity
3 points from Chelsea
3 points from Tottenham

Tottenham have never taken 6 points in a Premier League season from United.

Tottenham have choked again this season; it's now 8 straight FA Cup semi-final defeats.

Tottenham have went backwards this season; will have a lower league position and points tally than last season.

I heard an Arsenal supporting priest put a so-called curse on them saying they'd never win a semi-final in the FA Cup until all the 1991 team died...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

6 points from Arsenal
4 points from Liverpool
3 points from ManCity
3 points from Chelsea
3 points from Tottenham

Unfortunately facts are one of the main casualties in these soccer threads most of the time. Since Ferguson left United have only finished above Spurs once (looking like this season will be twice) and last year trailed them by a whopping 17 points.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 01, 2018, 10:42:01 AM

6 points from Arsenal
4 points from Liverpool
3 points from ManCity
3 points from Chelsea
3 points from Tottenham

Unfortunately facts are one of the main casualties in these soccer threads most of the time. Since Ferguson left United have only finished above Spurs once (looking like this season will be twice) and last year trailed them by a whopping 17 points.

What have Spurs won....League Cup 07/08 ....they are miles behind United

magpie seanie

Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 01, 2018, 10:52:13 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 01, 2018, 10:42:01 AM

6 points from Arsenal
4 points from Liverpool
3 points from ManCity
3 points from Chelsea
3 points from Tottenham

What have Spurs won....League Cup 07/08 ....they are miles behind United

They haven't half the resources of United. Last year they got 86 points which apparently would be a great total this season but was shit last season. Sometimes I'm embarrassed.....

Insane Bolt

Embarrassed to be a Spurs fan?😂 Could be worse

magpie seanie

Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 01, 2018, 11:01:44 AM
Embarrassed to be a Spurs fan?😂 Could be worse

You should be a detective. If you're not, I'd encourage you to sign up.