New Managers 2020

Started by Blow-in, November 04, 2019, 11:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Best of luck Malachy he will do well in Rhode.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Huge loss for Portlaoise and Laois. One of the few top managers inside the county. Rhode won't be an easy job either, as they don't seem to be as strong as previous years and I'm not sure they have much coming through underage. Best of luck to Malachy all the same.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 30, 2019, 12:19:39 PM
Huge loss for Portlaoise and Laois. One of the few top managers inside the county. Rhode won't be an easy job either, as they don't seem to be as strong as previous years and I'm not sure they have much coming through underage. Best of luck to Malachy all the same.

How is he a loss?  Only ever managed portlaoise and won as expected. Even niall rigney in his first football job was able to win with portlaoise so if he leaves  is he a loss to portlaoise and laois?

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 30, 2019, 11:22:22 PM

How is he a loss?  Only ever managed portlaoise and won as expected. Even niall rigney in his first football job was able to win with portlaoise so if he leaves  is he a loss to portlaoise and laois?

Malachy's teams were far more dominant in Laois than what Rigney did with Portlaoise this year, barely scraping over the line in a lot of games. Portlaoise were capable of genuinely challenging for Leinster's when he was over them as well.

portlaoisekid

well I'd imagine he wont be lost to either laois or portlaoise and will come back a better manager for managing Rhode...they are lucky to get him

BallyroanAbu

I agree with you Silkyskillssunshine also agree he will be all the better for the experience,  someone well capable of stepping up to Inter County at some point.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on December 01, 2019, 03:44:25 AM
Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 30, 2019, 11:22:22 PM

Malachy's teams were far more dominant in Laois than what Rigney did with Portlaoise this year, barely scraping over the line in a lot of games. Portlaoise were capable of genuinely challenging for Leinster's when he was over them as well.

malachy had a better squad of players.  might have been capable of challenging but never won it? i agree rigney not the man either but you cant compare both due to the squads

TheGiantSquid

Well he has to get out of the county didn't he?

portlaoisekid

Neutralobserver

Rigney gone also from portlaoise

Blow-in

Heard today the Camross hurling job has been offered to Rigney

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 03, 2019, 03:10:07 PM
Heard today the Camross hurling job has been offered to Rigney
[/quote
He might be more suited to hurling.

The PRO

On the football side I think the following are confirmed;

O'Dempseys - Francis Finn
Killeshin - Karl O'Dwyer
Rosenallis - Paddy Dunne
Ballyroan Abbey - Pauric Clancy
St Josephs - Joe Higgins
Courtwood - Eddie Kinsella
Portarlington - Martin Murphy
Ballylinan - Mick Lillis

Leaving Emo, Graigue, Ballyfin, Arles Killeen, Arles Kilcruise, Portlaoise, The Heath and Stradbally who I haven't heard as yet.

Zooming around

I heard last night that Donie Brennan is going to be Arles/Killeen player manager. Seems a bit far fetched as playing and managing are both tough gigs on their own let alone trying to do both. But possible I suppose given his coaching pedigree.