RTE and SKY Live Coverage of GAA Championships 2014

Started by SLIGONIAN, April 18, 2011, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringfort

Quote from: southdown on May 11, 2014, 04:49:01 PM
I have subscribed to premier sports, does it show all games that RTE does?

Glad I check this site on occasion ! I was a subscriber to premiersports during the league and at the end of it they sent me an email saying they'd lost the Gah, so I unsubscribed. Was wondering how I'd see the games this summer beyond dodgy streams. Sky only have a handful of games, I have no intention of getting it anyway and the area of the ukip I live in has no irish/gaa pubs. Thought I was stuck!

Just went on to their site there and they say they have 75% of games and mention package numbers which mean nothing to me. So I presume that's just the rte games and the sky ones will not be available to the online subscriber?

At that rate I am seeing less games than I was last year. Cheers GAA for making it all more "accessible" for me.

On the coverage, hmmmm, better than nothing, but for example I lost the second half of last years Ulster final and couldn't get it back up and running. Streams cut out or freeze fairly regularly but usually a refresh does the trick.

NetNitrate

Rte now own streaming rights oversees. They will be launching a paid service on Wed called GAAGo. It will stream games across desktop and mobile devices. Check www.rte.ie/gaago later this week.

drici

Put these here for later:

All Ireland Senior Football Championship A Section Counties
Derry/Donegal/Fermanagh/Antrim/Londain/Galway/Sligo/Cork/Limerick/Tipperary/Wicklow/Laois/Dublin/Longford/Offaly/Wexford

All Ireland Senior Football Championship B Section Counties
Tyrone/Down/Monaghan/Armagh/Cavan/Roscommon/Leitrim/Mayo/Clare/Waterford/Kerry/Westmeath/Louth/Kildare/Carlow/Meath

SLIGONIAN

Ive heard Sligo v Galway/london is on Sky, does anyone have the full list of Skys games? Cheers
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Farrandeelin

Sky - (May) & June
Saturday 7th June: Leinster SHC: Kilkenny v Offaly
Saturday 21st June: Connacht SFC: Sligo v London/Galway
Saturday 28th June: Ulster SFC: Armagh/Cavan v Down/Tyrone/Monaghan

That's according to Cóilín's facebook page.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Craigyhill Terror

Full list

June 7 - Kilkenny v Offaly, Leinster SHC
June 14 - Dublin v Wexford or Qualifier group winner, Leinster SHC
June 21 - Sligo v Galway/London, Connacht SFC
June 28 Armagh/Cavan v Down/Tyrone/Monaghan, Ulster SFC
Eight Qualifiers ties on July 5, 12, 19, 26 and August 2.
Two All-Ireland football quarter-finals on August 9.
All-Ireland semi-finals and finals in both codes (not exclusive).

drici

Be interesting to see what happens with this.
RTÉ didn't have it in the list of matches they announced for May and June but it appears on the new GAA a Go Go site.

drici

Anybody notice where the four All Ireland Minor Semi Finals have gone/ended up?
Finals on TG4.

macdanger2

Quote from: NetNitrate on May 13, 2014, 02:34:47 AM
Rte now own streaming rights oversees. They will be launching a paid service on Wed called GAAGo. It will stream games across desktop and mobile devices. Check www.rte.ie/gaago later this week.

Appparently the service (via RTE player) will be free for the first few weeks - preusmably until the payment system is setup

Zulu

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Syferus

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 16, 2014, 07:42:59 PM
are Sky showing their games in HD?

Yip. Can't wait to see them do the HD job on the Sligo boys next month.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: drici on May 16, 2014, 10:00:49 AM
Be interesting to see what happens with this.
RTÉ didn't have it in the list of matches they announced for May and June but it appears on the new GAA a Go Go site.

drici, I may be wrong here, but I thought the 21st June qualifier was only if Mayo lost to NY? I'm not going to contradict you though as you know your dates better than I do!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

I assume the Sunday game won't be blocked in England tonight then.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zulu