European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 10, 2021, 08:52:33 PM
Eventful night for Messi so far, from a wonder strike to a missed penalty.

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 10, 2021, 02:47:02 PM
Quote from: Rich Ricci on March 10, 2021, 10:11:00 AM
Pirlo bound to be under pressure now especially given their league position??

That was the best game of soccer I have watched in quite a while. The pace and skill and commitment was outstanding and it makes the PL look like a second rate competition.

Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea will all likely knock Porto out if drawn against them in the Quarter finals.

I'm sure Juventus thought all they had to do was turn up when paired with Porto.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2021, 09:57:57 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 10, 2021, 08:52:33 PM
Eventful night for Messi so far, from a wonder strike to a missed penalty.

That was the best game of soccer I have watched in quite a while. The pace and skill and commitment was outstanding and it makes the PL look like a second rate competition.

Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea will all likely knock Porto out if drawn against them in the Quarter finals.

I'm sure Juventus thought all they had to do was turn up when paired with Porto.

Under a rookie in Pirlo that's likely. Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel will have their sides well tuned in.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: shark on March 10, 2021, 03:00:21 PM

Is the premier league not widely accepted as being behind the champions league in terms of quality? It stands to reason that the competition with all the best teams in Europe will be of higher quality than the competition with all the best teams in England.

PL is s..t to watch this year, ok I'm a LFC fan but the amount of teams I've watched this year dug in there own half and crowding out attacks is terrible viewing.
It's pragmatism gone mad and thank God for some CL football where most teams like to attack.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 11, 2021, 10:46:48 AM

Is the premier league not widely accepted as being behind the champions league in terms of quality? It stands to reason that the competition with all the best teams in Europe will be of higher quality than the competition with all the best teams in England.

PL is s..t to watch this year, ok I'm a LFC fan but the amount of teams I've watched this year dug in there own half and crowding out attacks is terrible viewing.
It's pragmatism gone mad and thank God for some CL football where most teams like to attack. Anyone dissing Scottish football and favor of PL is arguing about a Morris minor over an allegro. Even thinking back last year when we won the PL it is nothing like the nights you watch the CL games like the beating of Barcelona 4 nil that night or of course Istanbul. Maybe it's because the stands are empty but this years PL has been hard to watch who ever is playing.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Baile Brigín 2

I think his point is that the EPL is dogshit at the minute

sid waddell

Another golazo for Messi tonight and another win for Barcelona

Messi is in supreme form, nobody in the world is near him

Koeman after a shaky start is really getting things together - their performance against PSG last week was very good and merited a lot more than the 1-1 draw they got on the night

Barcelona are going to win the league

sid waddell

Atletico Madrid's prospects tonight have not been helped either by themselves or by the referee

StPatsAbu

Trashy behaviour from Rudiger. He's stooping to Salah levels of cheating. Rock bottom

Captain Obvious

Looked like a tough tie for Chelsea when drawn against them however Atletico Madrid was well beaten over two legs. Tuchel factor clearly the difference.

The strong possibility of another Premier league Champions league final is still there and more so if the 3 Premier league sides avoid each other in Fridays draw.

JoG2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on March 17, 2021, 09:44:58 PM
Trashy behaviour from Rudiger. He's stooping to Salah levels of cheating. Rock bottom

Your posts are of a consistently high standard Pats. Look forward to reading more

StPatsAbu

Quote from: JoG2 on March 17, 2021, 10:11:04 PM

Your posts are of a consistently high standard Pats. Look forward to reading more

Do you deny that Salah is a cheat then?  ???

JoG2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on March 17, 2021, 10:23:01 PM

There's not a club on the planet that isn't infested with cheats, even the one/s you support. It's one of the reasons I've probably only sat through 1 full game in the last 10 years. So whilst you dig at 1 particular player / club to, I don't know, point score (?), the club you support will have players doing the same.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: JoG2 on March 17, 2021, 10:39:32 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on March 17, 2021, 10:23:01 PM

There's not a club on the planet that isn't infested with cheats, even the one/s you support. It's one of the reasons I've probably only sat through 1 full game in the last 10 years. So whilst you dig at 1 particular player / club to, I don't know, point score (?), the club you support will have players doing the same.

Wrong. Salah is the biggest cheat in the EPL. No-one comes even close

GetOverTheBar

Rudiger shit housed the shit houses. Surprised Atletico fell into the trap they have regularly set for others. Chelsea outplayed them.

Suarez is finished at the top level.

TabClear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2021, 09:36:06 AM

Rudiger shit housed the shit houses. Surprised Atletico fell into the trap they have regularly set for others. Chelsea outplayed them.

Suarez is finished at the top level.

Only Messi has scored more goals in La Liga this season