northern rock bank

Started by the Deel Rover, September 15, 2007, 09:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

over 1 billion was withdrawn by customers of Northern Rock bank yesterday after the bank of England had to give them some money.Just shows you its not just the American banks that are in trouble. Do Northern Rock have branches in ireland ? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

southdown

Anyone got a mortgage with them?

pintsofguinness

I think there's a branch in belfast.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

southdown

Shamrock Shore

I have a few bob with them.

Not particularly worried as now the UK Exchequer will bail me out if they go pear shaped.

Thanks lads Ap Narth  ;D

Bensars

You are guarnteed up to £35,000   anyway with the banking insurance scheme.( if you are that lucky!)

They are prime picking now for a major bank. Anyone with a  mortgage would then have the same current terms applied also.

armaghniac

I also have a few shekels with them, rather less than £35000, hopefully they'll increase their interest rates now to overcome the bad publicity.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bord na Mona man

heganboy

Northern rock having been backed by the Bank of England now has one of the highest implicit credit ratings of any bank, higher than any other high street bank. Your money is actually safer there than any other high street bank. And yes they'd be a good short term share investment. Take over target that they are.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity