IRELAND OR THE USA

Started by mannix, September 07, 2007, 09:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

You seem like a decent sort of bloke.  You are welcome to come and live in Armagh.  Great people, football so so at the moment, only 90 mins from Dublin, houses still affordable and great schools!

blast05

QuoteNot Mayo because of the work situation

But how long will it take you to earn the 300-400K (500-600K salary) extra required to buy a house and few acres close to Navan compared to close to Castlebar ?
And how you will curse Dunshaughlin, and the Johnstown traffic lights and the end of the dual carriageway at Blanchardstown .............

mannix

I am 35 and not ready to retire yet so i must work.I think I may find a spot that has a house which can be either renovated or levelled for the right price, the property market has stalled badly according to media and auctioneers so I may be looking at a good time.Nothing set in stone but hopefully I can get the ball rolling on something shortly.Travelling to dublin city centre via train is the only option so I must work within that zone, parking at a station outside dublin and commute in.Does anyone here commute into dublin by train other than dart, i mean commute from kildare or meath.

his holiness nb

Mannix I'd avoid Navan, its a kip.
Theres lots of nice smaller towns within ten minutes of Navan, I'm in one of them.
Ask me holy bollix

mannix

Any one with a train to connolly?

his holiness nb

The only towns in Meath with tranlines to Connolly would be Gormanstown and Laytown, and Laytowns a shithole  ;)
Ask me holy bollix