Eurovision 2007

Started by ONeill, May 08, 2007, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteIs that John Waters from the Irish Times/Hot Press?

Fraid so Donagh!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Donagh

Ireland: Sunflower and new dress

Ireland's 2007 representatives DERVISH were the third to go on stage in Helsinki, rehearsing for the second time. Front singer Cathy JORDAN promised at the press conference yesterday that she would try out different dresses in order to find out, which one would suit the stage and background the best. Today Cathy wore another traditional Irish dress in white and dark-red colours. Various backgrounds were tried out: the new addition on the LED projectors was a huge sunflower, which unfolds during the very beginning of the performance. This of course resembles the upcoming of spring and works beautifully with the song's title: They Can't Stop The Spring.

Cathy's voice performance was stronger than yesterday, and she was on stage barefoot. During the Irish entry steady cameras are used a lot, but also the spider camera is in use, flowing over the audience towards the stage. Estimated from the applause from the present delegations and the accredited press, Ireland seems ready for the Final on 12th May.

Redgreenery

Cant see us getting the prize, even if we are really good, havent heard our song so cant comment on that, sure nowadays it seems as if the countries are voting for their neighbouring countries or just voting for the most stupid act!! Pity it has gone to this! Switzerland probably should have got through the other night, could be just another example!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on May 11, 2007, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 10, 2007, 10:46:26 PM
Saw a small preview of the Russian entry and im gonna put a tenner on them,the song was ok but the three quare ones singing it were fine things a bit like Girls Aloud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-iRycwiynI

Well knock me down with a f**king feather, Laoislad you may be onto something there (cant believe I am agreeing with you about women)
Few raunchy layrics in it & they look fine, therefore appealing to the hornballs among us
What price are the bitches?

:D :D :D :D

10/1 with paddypower.ie
You'll Never Walk Alone.

High Ball

Quote from: ONeill on May 11, 2007, 10:47:05 AM
Serbia were excellent last night. Dark horses.

I see the Dutch are calling on Western Euros to boycott it as the Eastern countries voted for each other and got through.

Too right O'Neill, since the Easterners started voting for SH!TE the vaguely aveage hasn't a shot anymore. Eastern European taste in Music is crap, look at Polands entry it was talking, not singing or rap, they would have been better singing in Polish and not mauling a crap song in Pigeon English

ziggysego

The Ukraine entry looks like the bastard child of Elton John and Su Pollard!

http://www.eurovision.tv/addons/mediaplayer/video/ukr.html
Testing Accessibility

GweylTah

So, basically, the BBC and RTE entries will be relying on each others viewers for points again this year by the looks of it.

The Western Europeans and the Brits in particular look upon this as a light-hearted joke, whereas the Eastern ones treat it as if they have arrived on the world stage. Coupled with similar linguistic and cultural likenesses, and the plethora of new countries from break-ups (USSR, Yugo and Czechoslovakia), all Eastern influences, the change in the contest is there for all to see - it's an Eastern Europe carve-up. Also, until the mid 1990s, each country had to sing in one of its official languages, now they don't. That used to mean that the British and Irish entries had a bit of an advantage, because many Europeans had a reasonable understanding of English, especially sung English. That advantage has now gone.

The money that the BBC (UK taxpyers) puts into subsidising this crap could pay for good drama, etc. Some other European countries dont bother with it any more, time to pull the plug after tonight, and RTE could do worse than to pull-out with the BBC.

Onlooker

Does anyone actually watch the full programme, or do they just wait for the voting.   Although it should be remembered that RTE used to treat the Irish wins as something between an Olympic Gold Medal and a World Cup Final.  Some of the Eastern European countries are just where we were a few years ago.   If by some accident Ireland ever win it again, I can see a bandwagon of huge proportion being created by RTE. :-[ :-[ :-[

ONeill

Ever since the voting was taken away from a 'panel of experts' within each country and replaced by a money making scheme of phone-ins, the best song stopped winning.

Here, some deadly innuendos in thon UK entry....

Yes, I watch her all from start to finito. Usually seeing trebles by the end though. Great party.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

God that Brit song is pish, Nil points please.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Quote from: ziggysego on May 12, 2007, 03:20:36 PM
The Ukraine entry looks like the bastard child of Elton John and Su Pollard!

http://www.eurovision.tv/addons/mediaplayer/video/ukr.html

Ziggy your right, theres a bit of Tellytubby in there as well

ONeill

Prediction:

Ireland to score between 30-40

UK to score 80-90

Square Ball

Right

whos gonna win? just the country, gonna think about it and post later.

ONeill

1. Serbia
2. Sweden
3. drag queen

Square Ball