Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: grounded on August 01, 2015, 03:04:39 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 31, 2015, 05:53:41 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on July 31, 2015, 03:02:31 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 31, 2015, 02:33:29 PM
Update....strong language NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PFRdEUN240

Too late ... I'm offended. I'm on my way with a go pro to pull you up on it.

The language in that video was fc*kable altogether

This sort of crap happens all the time on the Canal Bank at Poyntzpass. The Canal Bank is a road used on a daily basis by families, workers and farmers. It is a single lane, and for the past couple of years it is also a cycle path. The arrogance of some cyclists is astounding. Some won't pull over, or give way to cars or tractors. If any cyclist hits a car or tractor it is the driver who takes the blame, not the cyclist, because the latter has no insurance. A little bit of care from all cyclists would be great. By the way, I'm also a keen cyclist.

Many do have insurance, certainly those who do a lot of cycling, but in general you are right most casual cyclists would not.
I regularly cycle that road/towpath from Newry to Portadown. On that section I'd always pull in to let local traffic by. Though I have seen groups of cyclists and individuals who will not. I've also seen cars plough on past cyclists forcing them off the road. Like others have said, you have good and bad cyclists just like you have good and bad drivers. Unfortunately when there is an accident between the two the cyclist is inevitably going to come off worse(injury wise). A little common sense and courteousy goes a long way.

What does annoy me on the tow path itself are large groups of cyclists travelling at high speeds in pairs as if it was the road. There is quite often families with young children or people walking dogs on the path. There are a number of blind corners and at times the path is quite narrow, its just not safe to use it as you would the open road.
                     The worst I seen was the Maracycle this year. The path wasn't closed and any pedestrians/families etc. were forced off the path as a hundred or so cyclists most in pairs and some riding three abreast passed along the section from Scarva to Jerrettspass. I'm amazed that there wasn't an accident. I was cycling towards Portadown and I was told a few times by the oncoming cyclists to get off the path. At one particular bad corner I passed a number of elderly people who were out walking. I tried warning a big group of 20+ oncoming cyclists to slow down but was told to 'F*#k right off'. I'm not sure if it was the organiser's fault or the participants not obeying their own guidelines but it was bad craic.

Paradoxically many cyclists are drawn to use the tow path because they feel threatened by other road user's behaviour, yet some of them are demonstrating the same behaviour to pedestrians on the path!     

*searches for the Like button*
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 01, 2015, 11:26:15 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 31, 2015, 09:30:45 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 31, 2015, 02:56:25 PM
That cyclist is a knob.
They all are. The cnuts aren't paying road tax on their bikes so should be forced by the Highway Code to ride in single file and let road tax payers get about their business. Same applies to farmers.

If you're paying road tax u need to talk to someone, they abolished it nearly a century ago in Ireland.

Instead it's just normal tax that goes to upkeep the road, which cyclists pay, gives them the right to use it

What you actually pay for ur car is motor tax, based on the size of ur motor and emissions. A bike has none.

Since I first got up on a bike or a tractor I've been used to c***ts like you thinking I've no right to be on the road, may you get stuck behind every tractor and bike in Ireland
Well if you are on your bike son be prepared to come a distant second in any encounter you have with mine or any other vehicle. The hedge is the place for cyclists.

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 01, 2015, 10:39:24 PM
That cyclist is a knob.
They all are. The cnuts aren't paying road tax on their bikes so should be forced by the Highway Code to ride in single file and let road tax payers get about their business. Same applies to farmers.

If you're paying road tax u need to talk to someone, they abolished it nearly a century ago in Ireland.

Instead it's just normal tax that goes to upkeep the road, which cyclists pay, gives them the right to use it

What you actually pay for ur car is motor tax, based on the size of ur motor and emissions. A bike has none.

Since I first got up on a bike or a tractor I've been used to c***ts like you thinking I've no right to be on the road, may you get stuck behind every tractor and bike in Ireland
Well if you are on your bike son be prepared to come a distant second in any encounter you have with mine or any other vehicle. The hedge is the place for cyclists.

He's from Mayo. Well used to coming a distant second !!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 01, 2015, 10:39:24 PM
That cyclist is a knob.

Luckily they're jailing c***ts like you now

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/man-who-pushed-boy-off-bicycle-sentenced-to-10-months-in-jail-1.2264289
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me