More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down South

There could be a prefectly innocent explanation as to why they were cutting the tops off gas bottles and welding them to a trailer. The two lads are just waiting on their solicitors to tell give them an explanation. Meanwhile they are saying nothing, which would be a first for that organisation.

Evil Genius

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2010, 12:10:37 AM
Did the GardaĆ­ rush the goalie? They were found (messing about) with 2 empty gas bottles and a trailer. It'd be hard to prove that they were up to no good, surely?
Who knows? It might  be hard to prove some sort of a criminal offence in Court on the back of what was found.

I'd still be interested to know what they were  doing, mind.

Because my first instinct was that they may have been preparing some sort of bomb, and I wouldn't like to be thought an idiot by Donagh Ulick...

P.S. It wouldn't have been some sort of elaborate child-minding device for unveiling at the next episode of "Dragons Den"? Or a new design for a biscuit tin?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2010, 12:24:59 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on May 24, 2010, 12:17:34 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2010, 12:10:37 AM
Did the GardaĆ­ rush the goalie? They were found (messing about) with 2 empty gas bottles and a trailer. It'd be hard to prove that they were up to no good, surely?
Who knows? It might  be hard to prove some sort of a criminal offence in Court on the back of what was found.

I'd still be interested to know what they were  doing, mind.

Because my first instinct was that they may have been preparing some sort of bomb, and I wouldn't like to be thought an idiot by Donagh Ulick...

P.S. It wouldn't have been some sort of elaborate child-minding device for unveiling at the next episode of "Dragons Den"? Or a new design for a biscuit tin?
Testing cheating methods for the Guider race in the west Belfast festival.

They'll never get done for this.
Has the Republic done away with that law* which said that people could be locked up for terrorist offences on the word of a senior Gardai officer?

* - I'm paraphrasing, obviously
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Ulick

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 23, 2010, 11:54:31 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 22, 2010, 11:11:05 PM
My goodness major bomb operation foiled after two empty cylinders are discovered!
Correction: two six foot gas cylinders with their tops sawn off, attached to a covered trailer.

What do you reckon they were making? A set of giant mobile flower pots?  ::)

Meanwhile, in other news, the entire population of Ireland was today declared to be made up of total feckin idiots, bar two people calling themselves "Ulick" and "Donagh"... :o

I do a lot of work for a company that designs and builds trailers so I can think of any number of reasons why one might fix a couple of cylinders to one.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on May 24, 2010, 09:44:53 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on May 23, 2010, 11:54:31 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 22, 2010, 11:11:05 PM
My goodness major bomb operation foiled after two empty cylinders are discovered!
Correction: two six foot gas cylinders with their tops sawn off, attached to a covered trailer.

What do you reckon they were making? A set of giant mobile flower pots?  ::)

Meanwhile, in other news, the entire population of Ireland was today declared to be made up of total feckin idiots, bar two people calling themselves "Ulick" and "Donagh"... :o

I do a lot of work for a company that designs and builds trailers so I can think of any number of reasons why one might fix a couple of cylinders to one.
So tell me (assuming the Press Reports are accurate), why do you  think these two particular individuals were fixing sawn-off 6 foot gas cylinders to a covered trailer in a shed two miles from the border with Northern Ireland?

Preparing a novel kind of Ice Cream Van for Downpatrick Races? A stage set for the Irish Eurovision entry? Their contribution to the Co.Louth Space Exploration Programme?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Down South

They were definitely preparing a bomb,  but it was in the early stages. The Gardai look to have jumped in too soon, but if they had waited they may have lost it (again), so it is wrong to be too critical. Sadly both these men will be back on the streets within days.

Ulick

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 24, 2010, 11:27:55 AM
So tell me (assuming the Press Reports are accurate), why do you  think these two particular individuals were fixing sawn-off 6 foot gas cylinders to a covered trailer in a shed two miles from the border with Northern Ireland?

I didn't say I knew what they were doing, I said the evidence was extremely flimsy. There are any number of reasons they may have welded a few cylinders onto a trailer, the most obvious being to weigh down the trailer so it isn't blown over - the 'cover' consisting of two advertisement hoardings fixed in an apex, which would catch the wind. So if the trailer, looks like a mobile advertisement it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it actually is a mobile advertisement - off which there are quite a lot in that part of the country.

Now I'm no expect but I've watched enough IRA propaganda videos to know that yes gas cylinders (certainly not 6ft long though) have been used for mortars, but as part of the charge, not the launching tube. The reports of this say that the cylinders were fixed onto the trailer which would only make them only useful as the launching tube.

Common sense would also tell you that a small trailer such as this one would be no good for a mortar as the kick back on the first launch would move the trailer so far that the aiming for the second would be way off. If they were simply to be used as a bomb casing, then where is the rest of the bomb - surely the common sense thing to do would be to build the bomb first and then fix it to the trailer.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hardy

Surely the common sense thing for the gardai to do would have been to wait and see if it really was a bomb. After it went off there'd be no doubt, would there? And then they'd have the two lads bang to rights. Stupid cops, interfering with peacable citizens building mobile advertisements.

Ulick

Quote from: Hardy on May 24, 2010, 12:47:07 PM
Surely the common sense thing for the gardai to do would have been to wait and see if it really was a bomb. After it went off there'd be no doubt, would there? And then they'd have the two lads bang to rights. Stupid cops, interfering with peacable citizens building mobile advertisements.

No the common sense thing would be to build a case before putting out all sorts of of nonsense about a "bomb factory" or maybe we have dispensed with the presumption of innocence?

This kind of carry-on reminds me of the stuff that was going on in Donegal a few years ago, except the Gards there at least had the sense to make their finds actually look like bomb making materials.

Doogie Browser

It does all sound a bit like the A-Team  :D

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on May 24, 2010, 12:13:54 PM
I didn't say I knew what they were doing, I said the evidence was extremely flimsy. There are any number of reasons they may have welded a few cylinders onto a trailer, the most obvious being to weigh down the trailer so it isn't blown over - the 'cover' consisting of two advertisement hoardings fixed in an apex, which would catch the wind. So if the trailer, looks like a mobile advertisement it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it actually is a mobile advertisement - off which there are quite a lot in that part of the country.
Jeez, that's prime bullshit, even by your standards, Donagh Ulick.

I didn't ask you what they were doing. Rather, in the light of your self-professed expertise in trailers etc, I was inviting you to speculate on what they might   have been doing. After all, you claimed that it might have been explained by "any number of reasons".

Yet when it came to it, the only explanation you are offering is that the cylinders might have being used as ballast. Which prompts the question as to why they would have sawn the top off the cylinders, thereby detracting from their value as, ahem, gas cylinders? Or if the cylinders were too long, wouldn't it have been quicker/easier/cheaper just to have used two shorter cylinders?

Quote from: Ulick on May 24, 2010, 12:13:54 PM
Now I'm no expect but I've watched enough IRA propaganda videos to know that yes gas cylinders (certainly not 6ft long though) have been used for mortars, but as part of the charge, not the launching tube. The reports of this say that the cylinders were fixed onto the trailer which would only make them only useful as the launching tube.

Common sense would also tell you that a small trailer such as this one would be no good for a mortar as the kick back on the first launch would move the trailer so far that the aiming for the second would be way off. If they were simply to be used as a bomb casing, then where is the rest of the bomb - surely the common sense thing to do would be to build the bomb first and then fix it to the trailer.
"Common sense"?

If you weren't so determined to try to prove otherwise, the only thing "common sense" would tell you is that these were two nasty, evil c u n t s who caught red-handed whilst preparing a murderous atrocity against fellow Irish men, women and maybe children somewhere nearby.

Or fixing up a trailer to advertise a local shop... ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Ulick on May 24, 2010, 12:50:26 PM
This kind of carry-on reminds me of the stuff that was going on in Donegal a few years ago, except the Gards there at least had the sense to make their finds actually look like bomb making materials.
The subtle difference this time is that the twats were caught with the bombs sorry makeshift trailers.

Ulick

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 24, 2010, 01:08:05 PM
Yet when it came to it, the only explanation you are offering is that the cylinders might have being used as ballast. Which prompts the question as to why they would have sawn the top off the cylinders, thereby detracting from their value as, ahem, gas cylinders? Or if the cylinders were too long, wouldn't it have been quicker/easier/cheaper just to have used two shorter cylinders?

You've already answered that yourself - to use as ballast e.g. fill with sand.

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 24, 2010, 01:08:05 PM
If you weren't so determined to try to prove otherwise, the only thing "common sense" would tell you is that these were two nasty, evil c u n t s who caught red-handed whilst preparing a murderous atrocity against fellow Irish men, women and maybe children somewhere nearby.

As requested, I have presented a plausible explanation as to why they might have fixed two cylinders to a trailer and raised questions as to why they wouldn't be suitable for explosive devices. You have presented nothing other than bigotry and bile. Now they may have been preparing a device or they may not have been preparing one, but we're all thankful the likes of you will have no say in adjudicating on the evidence.

Ulick

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 24, 2010, 01:20:16 PM
The subtle difference this time is that the t**ts were caught with the bombs sorry makeshift trailers.

So where are the bombs then?