More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

JUst retired

Fcuk me, the place is being done up and they do this. have they no shame? ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JUst retired on May 05, 2010, 08:27:58 AM
Lurgan is being done up? Is there enough money in the world?

JUst retired

Tony, come and see for yourself. Be prepared for traffic jams and nowhere to park. :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JUst retired on May 05, 2010, 09:02:33 AM
Tony, come and see for yourself. Be prepared for traffic jams and nowhere to park. :)
Any time I'm through Lurgan the cars on that big main street are just abandoned rather than parked! Is that the bit they are doing up?

illdecide

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 05, 2010, 12:30:50 AM
I heard it and I'm in Omagh!

I live in Lurgan and didn't hear it :o FFS i've done more damage with farts than that stupid thing they threw at the cop shop ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hardy

illdecide

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 05, 2010, 08:55:28 AM
Quote from: JUst retired on May 05, 2010, 08:27:58 AM
Lurgan is being done up? Is there enough money in the world?

Tony that we pipe bomb is part of phase 2 of our public realm works...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

glens abu

JUst retired

The only damage I noticed was a broken window at the top of North St. in the solicitors office.
Their aim must have been bad.

winsamsoon

The damage to the solicitors was caused by the crowds running up for claims lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

take_yer_points

This could be elsewhere in the thread but there's a lot to read through to try and find it.

I see there's 7 people arrested today on suspicion of dissident activity. What percentage of the total number of the dissident group(s) do you think this would account for? I was just wondering on what number of people anyone thinks would be involved in this.

Ulick

Quote from: take_yer_points on May 05, 2010, 04:23:42 PM
This could be elsewhere in the thread but there's a lot to read through to try and find it.

I see there's 7 people arrested today on suspicion of dissident activity. What percentage of the total number of the dissident group(s) do you think this would account for? I was just wondering on what number of people anyone thinks would be involved in this.

It's a clumsy way of looking at it TYP. Most likely the groupings have a small core of full time activists, supplemented by others on the fringes, others who will supply support materials, others who give information, others political support, other general hangers on and of course all their close relations.

The PSNI may find it useful to lift and question persons from one or more of the loose categories and piece their intelligence infomation. So even though 7 were arrested they could me mostly sympathisers or hangers-on in which case it would be a completely insignificant number when taken from their complete support base (prob 3k-4k in the north) or on the other hand if they are hard core players it could be significant (I'd guess 50-150).

take_yer_points

Quote from: Ulick on May 05, 2010, 04:50:55 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on May 05, 2010, 04:23:42 PM

It's a clumsy way of looking at it TYP. Most likely the groupings have a small core of full time activists, supplemented by others on the fringes, others who will supply support materials, others who give information, others political support, other general hangers on and of course all their close relations.

The PSNI may find it useful to lift and question persons from one or more of the loose categories and piece their intelligence infomation. So even though 7 were arrested they could me mostly sympathisers or hangers-on in which case it would be a completely insignificant number when taken from their complete support base (prob 3k-4k in the north) or on the other hand if they are hard core players it could be significant (I'd guess 50-150).

Cheers Ulick - I often wondered approximate numbers

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something