More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveaharp

Well said Joe. Its time the local communities turned on these bastards and started shopping them left right and centre.

winsamsoon

Fair play to Brolly the most poignant point was the question he posed "who was the better Irishman the coward under the car planting the bomb or Peadar"

I also think the GAA should be playing a bigger role in advertyising this though it is a difficult one to approach without getting labelled with the old political tags again. I was against the PSNI being able to play gaelic games but the GAA as an organisation endorsed it and i have accepted that decision and moved on. These cowards should really take a look at themselves. But it won't be long before these guys are touted on because society doesn't want people like this about.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 19, 2010, 06:55:03 PM
Fair play to Brolly the most poignant point was the question he posed "who was the better Irishman the coward under the car planting the bomb or Peadar"

I also think the GAA should be playing a bigger role in advertyising this
though it is a difficult one to approach without getting labelled with the old political tags again. I was against the PSNI being able to play gaelic games but the GAA as an organisation endorsed it and i have accepted that decision and moved on. These cowards should really take a look at themselves. But it won't be long before these guys are touted on because society doesn't want people like this about.
No no no - the GAA needs to keep out of politics, full stop.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Whilst i understand your point pints i still think the GAA (as a representative of the community) should be promoting some sort of message that these thugs aren't wanted. But it is a hard one to juggle. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Naomh Pol CLG

Peadar was taken off the ventilator today.  He has regained conciousness and is now aware of the extent of his injuries.  He has spoken with his wife and family.  Very emotional time for him, but a big step forward towards his recovery.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on January 23, 2010, 04:05:25 AM
Peadar was taken off the ventilator today.  He has regained conciousness and is now aware of the extent of his injuries.  He has spoken with his wife and family.  Very emotional time for him, but a big step forward towards his recovery.
Very pleased to hear it
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Denn Forever

Could the GAA or someone organise a charity game to celebrate Peadar's recovery?

Antrim vs Kerry in Casement?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 23, 2010, 09:37:19 AM
Could the GAA or someone organise a charity game to celebrate Peadar's recovery?

Antrim vs Kerry in Casement?

While I'm sure you mean well Denn, that is a no-no. Begs obvous question as to why there weren't charity games for hundreds of other GAA members injured in the Troubles and families of those killed. Can of worms...

Denn Forever

Fair enough. 

Living down south don't really understand or appreciaqte how difficult it can be.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

longrunsthefox

Still it wouldn't be a no-no for his club to raise funds for him. As I say you always get someone asks why not do it for some other boy before etc...

Hurler on the Bitch

I hear on the Beeb that there has been a gun attack this evening on the Crossmaglen Barracks - has S Armagh fallen out with SF or is it a case of a warning that another hole in the wall is about to be hit in the Square..?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 24, 2010, 11:04:33 PM
I hear on the Beeb that there has been a gun attack this evening on the Crossmaglen Barracks - has S Armagh fallen out with SF or is it a case of a warning that another hole in the wall is about to be hit in the Square..?
shots fired at it couple of weeks ago as well. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Reports in one of the tabloids this morning that a relative of a top SF official has joined the RIRA - SHOCK, HORROR !!!

Front page news as well !!!   ???

Hurler on the Bitch

Does anyone know anything about the shooting incident in Derry this evening?

orangeman

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 27, 2010, 10:30:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about the shooting incident in Derry this evening?

Never heard it  ?

What happened ?