More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch link=topic=14567.msg711645#msg711645
Sarcasm will never detract from the fact that the thing that dare not speak its name in SF circles is that 69-94 was a bit of a defeat - not an honourable draw - and calling the campaign in that period as heroic is like saying that Jade Goody with a face-lift would make her attractive.

A face-lift and worming treatment still wouldn't make her attractive at this stage.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 09, 2010, 07:37:27 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 09, 2010, 07:22:34 PM

I think the problem some people on the board have with you EG, with respect, is that you seem to tar everyone with the one brush so to speak - I know for a fact that there are quite a few people on the board here whom never had time for violence, unless it involved a size 5 ONeills or a sliothar
If that is how I come across, then I regret that, since I had hoped I was always careful in my use of language to be precise and specific (even at the cost of being thought a "windbag" etc). Which is why, for example, I was careful to exclude you explicitly from the above point I was making.

More generally, if I genuinely thought that "yis was all the same" etc, I wouldn't actually bother to post here; after all, what would be the point, if my comments where to meet a deaf ear across the Board?

Oh well.

As regards the PSNI officer, I sincerely hope he comes through this vicious and cowardly attack
Indeed - the most important aspect of all this.
EG, yes, I do think that's the way you come across at times. There have been threads where I have tried to point out that you were wrong in your idea of what the GAA is about and the political attitudes you seem to attribute to all GAA followers. I hope this exchange and posts from other people here will help to show you that some of us are moving on in every possible way, including the young PSNI officer

On the issue of the morality of killing PSNI/RUC/B Specials... killing is wrong, no matter who you are.  I know you didn't raise the issue, others did and I am just making myself clear here
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 09, 2010, 11:52:11 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 09, 2010, 07:37:27 PM

I think the problem some people on the board have with you EG, with respect, is that you seem to tar everyone with the one brush so to speak - I know for a fact that there are quite a few people on the board here whom never had time for violence, unless it involved a size 5 ONeills or a sliothar
If that is how I come across, then I regret that, since I had hoped I was always careful in my use of language to be precise and specific (even at the cost of being thought a "windbag" etc). Which is why, for example, I was careful to exclude you explicitly from the above point I was making.

More generally, if I genuinely thought that "yis was all the same" etc, I wouldn't actually bother to post here; after all, what would be the point, if my comments where to meet a deaf ear across the Board?

Oh well.

As regards the PSNI officer, I sincerely hope he comes through this vicious and cowardly attack
Indeed - the most important aspect of all this.
EG, yes, I do think that's the way you come across at times. There have been threads where I have tried to point out that you were wrong in your idea of what the GAA is about and the political attitudes you seem to attribute to all GAA followers. I hope this exchange and posts from other people here will help to show you that some of us are moving on in every possible way, including the young PSNI officer

On the issue of the morality of killing PSNI/RUC/B Specials... **killing is wrong, no matter who you are.**  I know you didn't raise the issue, others did and I am just making myself clear here

What about the death penalty for henious murders?

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

Guess what ardmhachaabu?... neither do I... hands across the Blackwater! We've finally agreed on something  :P

longrunsthefox

longrunsthefox

8) I'm cool and in control here but that Anagaire Bridge of yours could go up tonite if you get my drift...

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on January 10, 2010, 12:05:15 AM
ardmachaabu is not from Armagh. I've often wondered about his ardmacha connection. What is it?
See, that's where you are wrong.  I am from Armagh, my whole family is from Armagh, my ma's side and my da's side.  It's where I grew up went to primary and grammar school and that's that.  Are you just confused because I live in Belfast?  ;)

Get someone else to bite by the way, I am not having it  ;D

magickingdom

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 09, 2010, 10:24:45 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 09, 2010, 08:04:29 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 09, 2010, 06:51:59 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 08, 2010, 06:18:17 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 08, 2010, 01:24:24 PM
Quote from: passedit on January 08, 2010, 10:40:20 AM
Fairly sure the lad is a gaelic footballer. any update on his condition?

Just heard on radio ulster he was indeed the captain of the psni's Gaelic football team also an Irish language expert for the police, was based in woodburn in Belfast. You have to wonder what these pricks are thinking, how in gods name can they ever see their actions moving the process towards a united Ireland, it absolutely beggars belief?
They don't think like normal people, this is the problem.  They see themselves as the inheritors of the legacy of the men and women of 1916 when in reality, they are the furthest thing from it.  Oh and they don't give a fcuk about politics, they prefer violence, some of them are more comfortable with violence than peace

Don't wish to have a pop at you in any way, aa, still less to detract from the plight of the poor officer fighting for his life in hospital, but many of us were saying that as far back as the 1970's... >:(

The petty minded self righteous ones just can't move on, they  love to spout   'oh we were right all along and you guys were too thick to see you were wrong'
or whining    'well if you condemn this killing why didn't you condemn the hundreds of other RUC/UDR killings?

The fact remains that those republicans who condemn the attack yesterday - but prior to 1994 would have talked of LEGITIMATE TARGETS - have a bit of thinking to do. If it was not wrong in 1972, 1982 or 1992, then why was it was wrong yesterday? Thus, logic dictates that those who attacked the RUC throughout the Troubles, in hindsight, are "scum" "traitors" and "evil". People cannot be choosy with the truth. Same aim, same logic! The most popular ballad in Republican pubs and clubs is Sean South. South's intentions in 1957 were to kill police officers, so why sing a song to the glory of a man who tried to kill police officers 50 years ago, and condemn those who did it yesterday? ps - the IRA killed a Catholic policeman from Ballycastle the day before South was killed. A man who had a GAA background! So, please lets not take the high moral ground when it is, obviously, clouded by hippocrites with short memories. If attacks on police officers are wrong, then they were always wrong - or is there something I have missed?

how about this for an effort, there is no chance under the sun that violence will change anything in ni now. if the dissidents continue its violence for the sake of violence and thats beyond any doubt after the gfa. 90% of the pop knew this way before the gfa the vast majority of the rest got the message in the last few years. there are still a tiny few not listening. they need to be caught by the cops asap 

pintsofguinness

The fact remains that those republicans who condemn the attack yesterday - but prior to 1994 would have talked of LEGITIMATE TARGETS - have a bit of thinking to do. If it was not wrong in 1972, 1982 or 1992, then why was it was wrong yesterday? Thus, logic dictates that those who attacked the RUC throughout the Troubles, in hindsight, are "scum" "traitors" and "evil". People cannot be choosy with the truth. Same aim, same logic! The most popular ballad in Republican pubs and clubs is Sean South. South's intentions in 1957 were to kill police officers, so why sing a song to the glory of a man who tried to kill police officers 50 years ago, and condemn those who did it yesterday? ps - the IRA killed a Catholic policeman from Ballycastle the day before South was killed. A man who had a GAA background! So, please lets not take the high moral ground when it is, obviously, clouded by hippocrites with short memories. If attacks on police officers are wrong, then they were always wrong - or is there something I have missed?
excellent post and spot on.  Anyone who condems these attacks but felt other were fine is a hypocrite, plain and simple.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Miss Doubtfire

So refreshing to go on here and see that the majority of people seem to be against the disgusting and cowardly act carried out on Friday morning. Peadar is still very critical and even if he pulls through this, as I pray he will, he is going to have a lot to deal with in his recovery! Please keep him in your prayers!

orangeman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 10, 2010, 05:47:18 PM
excellent post and spot on.  Anyone who condems these attacks but felt other were fine is a hypocrite, plain and simple.

SF as a whole as soon as it was policy to condemn attacks on the police etc started to condemn those were using violence but not sanctioned by them.

SF must then be a party of hypocrites as all of its membership supported the ballot box and the use of violence on its own or simultaneously ??

pintsofguinness

If they condemn the attacks now orangeman then yeah they're hypocrites, it was fine when the PIRA were killing people.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hurler on the Bitch

I think personally that SF would gain a lot more credibility if it was to state publicly that the tactic of targeting police officers in the the 69-94 era was wrong! Totally wrong, counter-productive and bordering on the sectarian. It would help add credibility to any condemnations of attacks such as those on Friday. However, there are those now in positions of community leadership - all card carrying republicans - whose role in the targeting the police left a lot to be desired. The attack on Mr Heffron was something that republicans would have thought to have been 'fair game' up until 1994 ("it's not the person, it's the uniform you are targeting"), so the 'evil' argument is something that a lot of Born-Again Republicans use when in fact they should look long and hard at a campaign that was guilty of the same - even worse!

orangeman

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 10, 2010, 06:21:52 PM
I think personally that SF would gain a lot more credibility if it was to state publicly that the tactic of targeting police officers in the the 69-94 era was wrong! Totally wrong, counter-productive and bordering on the sectarian. It would help add credibility to any condemnations of attacks such as those on Friday. However, there are those now in positions of community leadership - all card carrying republicans - whose role in the targeting the police left a lot to be desired. The attack on Mr Heffron was something that republicans would have thought to have been 'fair game' up until 1994 ("it's not the person, it's the uniform you are targeting"), so the 'evil' argument is something that a lot of Born-Again Republicans use when in fact they should look long and hard at a campaign that was guilty of the same - even worse!

Surely that would be impossible ? It might take another generation or so for this to happen ?