More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 02, 2012, 02:58:18 PM
I fully support the peace process. I don't condone what happened yesterday. My posts simply echo what Ulick said, which is that as a result of an agreement to end inhumane treatment being reneged on, it was likely that there was sooner or later going to be a dramatic reaction to this escalation in tensions between the prisoners/their supporters and the prison officers. This basic understanding is strengthened by the fact that claims were made in a court earlier in the year that prisoners were feeding details about prison officers to Lurgan dissidents on the outside. It is further strengthened by the fact that it is simply history repeating itself in terms of how prisoners are treated and how they will likely respond to it. A basic understanding that things were only getting worse and that it would probably end in bloodshed doesn't indicate support for things like yesterdays killing, no matter how much so many clueless,  sanctimonious pricks like yourself seem to believe.
OK, so you don't condone yesterday's murder, sorry, I mean killing, nor should your (carefully constructed) comments be taken to imply support for it, we get* that.

But here's a simple question. Do you condemn the killing of the Prison Officer?

* - Whether we're all persuaded by it is another matter, of course  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2012, 03:04:25 PM
So by shooting and killing this prison guard, will it make it better or worse? Hmmmm let me think.....

I didn't say it would make conditions better of or worse. I'm simply saying that something like yesterday, going by the lessons of history and going by the accusations in court I referred to earlier, it was always a possibility to have happened. Some lads around here just can't seem to grasp that, but would rather throw around fanciful accusations of condoning it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

stew

So by shooting and killing this prison guard, will it make it better or worse? Hmmmm let me think.....

Worse obviously, what is going on in the prison system in the north is reprehensible, an agreement was reached 2 years ago and has yet to be implemented, why?

The scum that killed this guard have put innocent citizens at risk for a tit for tat killing, I hope they find these scumbags and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

We can never allow the filth to bring us down the path we were on before peace broke out, those who would undermine the peace process need to be weeded out and put away.

There is no need for cavity searches these days, none whatsoever however killing prison guards is not the answer, it is never the answer!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 02, 2012, 03:09:25 PM

I didn't say it would make conditions better of or worse. I'm simply saying that something like yesterday, going by the lessons of history and going by the accusations in court I referred to earlier, it was always a possibility to have happened. Some lads around here just can't seem to grasp that, but would rather throw around fanciful accusations of condoning it.
Well just so I don't fall prey to fanciful thinking, can you answer the simple question I posed to you above, namely:
Do you condemn the killing of the Prison Officer?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stew

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 02, 2012, 03:06:43 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 02, 2012, 02:58:18 PM
I fully support the peace process. I don't condone what happened yesterday. My posts simply echo what Ulick said, which is that as a result of an agreement to end inhumane treatment being reneged on, it was likely that there was sooner or later going to be a dramatic reaction to this escalation in tensions between the prisoners/their supporters and the prison officers. This basic understanding is strengthened by the fact that claims were made in a court earlier in the year that prisoners were feeding details about prison officers to Lurgan dissidents on the outside. It is further strengthened by the fact that it is simply history repeating itself in terms of how prisoners are treated and how they will likely respond to it. A basic understanding that things were only getting worse and that it would probably end in bloodshed doesn't indicate support for things like yesterdays killing, no matter how much so many clueless,  sanctimonious pricks like yourself seem to believe.
OK, so you don't condone yesterday's murder, sorry, I mean killing, nor should your (carefully constructed) comments be taken to imply support for it, we get* that.

But here's a simple question. Do you condemn the killing of the Prison Officer?

* - Whether we're all persuaded by it is another matter, of course  ::)

So if he does condemn the killing of the guard you wont believe him anyway?? why should he bother then????

I have a question or two for you, do you think it is right to have these prisoners subjected to body searches multiple times daily, and do you think that since the equipment is there to eradicate the need for such searches, the guards no longer need to do such searches??

Finally, do you think it immoral that an agreement was reached two years ago to use machines instead of degrading these men and as of now they are not being universally used in prisons in the north?

Ulick

Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2012, 02:39:20 PM
Poor Ulick and Nally are still trying to come to terms with Marty McG condemning this killing and all behind it.
They are obviously not as good at back somersaulting as their leaders  :-[

Rossfan, unless you have something useful to contribute you really should keep quiet while the adults are talking. Good lad.

sheamy

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 02, 2012, 03:16:05 PM

Well just so I don't fall prey to fanciful thinking, can you answer the simple question I posed to you above, namely:

Oh ffs, we're back to the 1980's again with the politics of condemnation. The fact is right now that with ALL the parties unreservedly condemning this action, this perversely seems to be all they can do. We've come full circle. The fact is that the treatment of those prisoners is inhumane and that is, and should be, an embarrassment to anyone purporting to run a so called normal society. Can someone please answer the question as to how our f*ckin authorities, knowing what they know about the past result of such cycles of behavior, took no action to prevent this deteriorating into the sorry mess it now is where a man has lost his life? It's pathetic.

Rois

Quote from: sheamy on November 02, 2012, 03:26:55 PM
Oh ffs, we're back to the 1980's again with the politics of condemnation. T

We were listening to the radio on the way into work this morn and it sounded like a report from the early 90s.

Prison officer shot dead, man arrested for murder of Robert McCartney and charged with IRA membership...pretty depressing.

stew

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 02, 2012, 03:16:05 PM

Oh ffs, we're back to the 1980's again with the politics of condemnation. The fact is right now that with ALL the parties unreservedly condemning this action, this perversely seems to be all they can do. We've come full circle. The fact is that the treatment of those prisoners is inhumane and that is, and should be, an embarrassment to anyone purporting to run a so called normal society. Can someone please answer the question as to how our f*ckin authorities, knowing what they know about the past result of such cycles of behavior, took no action to prevent this deteriorating into the sorry mess it now is where a man has lost his life? It's pathetic.

Well said that man, perfectly put!

Eamonnca1

What is the problem in Maghaberry?  Bad reception on their Sky TV?

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 02, 2012, 03:36:55 PM
What is the problem in Maghaberry?  Bad reception on their Sky TV?
[/quote

Poor taste as usual.

charlieTully

Quote from: Rois on November 02, 2012, 03:32:07 PM
Oh ffs, we're back to the 1980's again with the politics of condemnation. T

We were listening to the radio on the way into work this morn and it sounded like a report from the early 90s.

Prison officer shot dead, man arrested for murder of Robert McCartney and charged with IRA membership...pretty depressing.
[/quote

And prisoners still getting treated inhumanily like back in the 1980s , depressing indeed.

Evil Genius

Quote from: stew on November 02, 2012, 03:17:05 PMSo if [Nally] does condemn the killing of the guard you wont believe him anyway?? why should he bother then????
If and when he tells me that he condemns it, I will respond as to whether I accept his condemnation or not.
Then everyone else may judge for themselves which of us, if either, is being truthful, consistent and sincere on this matter.

Quote from: stew on November 02, 2012, 03:17:05 PMI have a question or two for you, do you think it is right to have these prisoners subjected to body searches multiple times daily, and do you think that since the equipment is there to eradicate the need for such searches, the guards no longer need to do such searches??

Finally, do you think it immoral that an agreement was reached two years ago to use machines instead of degrading these men and as of now they are not being universally used in prisons in the north?
I find it difficult to answer those two questions in simple terms, for two reasons.

The first is that I do not have enough reliable information about exactly what is going on inside Maghaberry. Nor am I prepared to accept at face value the propaganda over it put about by the prisoners in the jail, nor their supporters outside, including it would seem, on this site.

The second is more a matter of judgement than fact. No-one, not least the Prison Officers themselves, want to see unnecessary strip-searching carried out where it can be avoided. But there undoubtedly are prison visitors who would entirely voluntarily smuggle weapons etc to very dangerous prisoners, who themselves would have no qualms in using them to kill other prisoners or Prison Officers. Therefore it is these people (visitors and prisoners) who are ultimately responsible for full body searches having to be carried out.

Which leads on to the next question, that of using machines to conduct the searches. I have no idea how efficient or practical these machines are. Assuming they can do the job at least as accurately as humans then they should be introduced as quickly as feasible. However, should there be any doubt about this, then the safety of Prison Officers and Prisoners must take priority over the dignity of visitors.

Finally, whatever the ins-and-outs of the Agreement, and whether it was reneged upon etc, this matter is the responsibility of the Prisons Minister, David Forde. And whatever else he may be, I assume him to be a decent, humane man, who is not instinctively hostile to Republican prisoners. Nor do I believe he would 'play games' on so serious a matter as this.

Therefore I cannot give a definitive answer to either of your questions.

I can like you, however, condemn without reservation the foul murder of the Prison Officer yesterday.

Oh that everyone else on here could do the same...
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

arsecandle

lets be honest,if a single nuclear missle strike hit the centre of lurgan town centre without warning would anyone miss the place????
meanwhile the prison officials at magaberry should do a prisoner swap with sherrif joe apiro in arizona.we send out there some of our so called political prisoners while we get illegal mexican immigrants in return.then these dissident republicans really will have something to fckin complain about.

Milltown Row2

I think that the searches that are going on should be stopped, going through the airport you get examined now by a full body search machine and I only have to take my shoes off for it.

I can grasp that killing people is not the answer. But whatever floats your boat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea