More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 02, 2012, 12:39:16 PM
it also coincides with Prison Service boss appealing for Catholic applicants only a few days ago:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20088779

I'd say that's a comforting thought when you're in the middle of getting your fourth or fifth cavity search of the day.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on November 02, 2012, 12:54:36 PM
Yet if I understand correctly, those who murdered this man wouldn't be that interested in reform of the Prison Service, in the same way that the "RUC style clear-out" didn't stop them targeting PSNI officers.

And the motivation may have been the strip search issue. But it also coincides with Prison Service boss appealing for Catholic applicants only a few days ago:

I've no idea whether they want reform or not but it's there for all to see that an agreement was reached in 2010 which was subsequently reneged on. When similar protests failed in the 70s and 80s the inevitable result was the targeting for screws on the outside.

My point is that the prison regime is contributing to support for the dissidents on the outside by radicalising people who may otherwise not have bothered. All of those prisoners have friends and relations on the outside who are being drawn into supporting the protest on humanitarian grounds. For their troubles they are vilified by all and sundry for their association with the prisoners despite the fact they may not even have been convicted. In such circumstances it's easy to see why they might start to veer towards the dissidents. I've seen this happen with the relations of the many Lurgan prisoners currently in Maghaberry.

The prison boss appealing for Catholic applicants means nothing. The RUC and UDR did it for years and had no effect and it will have no effect until it's cleared out or disbanded in the same way as the RUC and UDR.
Maybe not, but an incident like this will won't help either.

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 02, 2012, 01:00:50 PM
it also coincides with Prison Service boss appealing for Catholic applicants only a few days ago:

I'd say that's a comforting thought when you're in the middle of getting your fourth or fifth cavity search of the day.
I'm not sure what your point is - i'm fairly sure you've missed mine.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 02, 2012, 01:02:22 PM

I'm fairly sure I haven't.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 02, 2012, 01:03:46 PM

So what was my point?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 02, 2012, 01:04:58 PM

So what was my point?
Try to stop behaving like your talking to a child.

Though I suppose we can't all be as smart as wot you are.

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 02, 2012, 01:13:04 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 02, 2012, 01:04:58 PM

So what was my point?
Try to stop behaving like your talking to a child.

Though I suppose we can't all be as smart as wot you are.
Who's claiming to be smart? Your response to my comment made no sense - i'm trying to understand your logic.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on November 02, 2012, 12:54:36 PM

I've no idea whether they want reform or not but it's there for all to see that an agreement was reached in 2010 which was subsequently reneged on. When similar protests failed in the 70s and 80s the inevitable result was the targeting for screws on the outside.

My point is that the prison regime is contributing to support for the dissidents on the outside by radicalising people who may otherwise not have bothered. All of those prisoners have friends and relations on the outside who are being drawn into supporting the protest on humanitarian grounds. For their troubles they are vilified by all and sundry for their association with the prisoners despite the fact they may not even have been convicted. In such circumstances it's easy to see why they might start to veer towards the dissidents. I've seen this happen with the relations of the many Lurgan prisoners currently in Maghaberry.

The prison boss appealing for Catholic applicants means nothing. The RUC and UDR did it for years and had no effect and it will have no effect until it's cleared out or disbanded in the same way as the RUC and UDR.
So, I see you're still declining to answer the questions I put to you in #724 and #727, namely:

So assuming for the sake of argument that you are correct [in your assertion that this killing was nothing to do with any 'Free Ireland' campaign], do you consider the murder of  this man to be a justifiable escalation of the prisons campaign?

And what would be your reaction if some Prison Officer decided to murder a prisoner in Maghaberry, so as to "even up the score?

Come on now, Donagh Ulick, you seem to have plenty to say on this topic otherwise, why so coy about this particular aspect?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Rossfan

Poor Ulick and Nally are still trying to come to terms with Marty McG condemning this killing and all behind it.
They are obviously not as good at back somersaulting as their leaders  :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sheamy

Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2012, 02:39:20 PM
Poor Ulick and Nally are still trying to come to terms with Marty McG condemning this killing and all behind it.

I don't agree. I think they are trying to provide some wider context for the tragic event. A failure to learn the lessons of history is what has brought about this sorry mess in the first place. The removal of the dignity of any human being is not, and never will be, a good idea.

Rossfan

Maybe so -- but what has them buckos in jail in the first place ?
How many did they rob of dignity?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theticklemister

Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2012, 02:49:00 PM
Maybe so -- but what has them buckos in jail in the first place ?
How many did they rob of dignity?

A lot of those people in Maghaberry jail are interned and have not faced court yet.

orangeman

Gerry Kelly was on UTV last night condemning the killing of the prison officer.

The presenter let him condemn it left, right and centre.

Then asked him about the time he shot a prison officer in the head during the prison break in 1983.

Was it deliberate to put Gerry Kelly up for interview given his history of shooting the prison officer or do SF just not care anymore and believe that they can justify it by saying that was then, this is now and we shouldn't be doing this sort of thing anymore ?. It's peacetime. So just do as we say.

theticklemister

Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2012, 03:01:25 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 02, 2012, 02:58:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2012, 02:39:20 PM

Blow it out your hole you judgmental p***k. I fully support the peace process. I don't condone what happened yesterday. My posts simply echo what Ulick said, which is that as a result of an agreement to end inhumane treatment being reneged on, it was likely that there was sooner or later going to be a dramatic reaction to this escalation in tensions between the prisoners/their supporters and the prison officers. This basic understanding is strengthened by the fact that claims were made in a court earlier in the year that prisoners were feeding details about prison officers to Lurgan dissidents on the outside. It is further strengthened by the fact that it is simply history repeating itself in terms of how prisoners are treated and how they will likely respond to it. A basic understanding that things were only getting worse and that it would probably end in bloodshed doesn't indicate support for things like yesterdays killing, no matter how much so many clueless,  sanctimonious pricks like yourself seem to believe.
I've reported this to the Moderator.

Ye tell the teacher too??

Milltown Row2

So by shooting and killing this prison guard, will it make it better or worse? Hmmmm let me think.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea