More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Two more "Clowns" found guilty of wearing red noses, squirty buttonholes and outsized boots in a big tent, one of them a Sinn Fein Councillor for the area for four years (before he ran off to join the circus...) ::)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17552797

Meanwhile, other nakedly sectarian attacks by Republican terrorists go virtually unremarked:

'IRA' claim gun attack on border

REPORTS OF gunmen using Kalashnikov assault rifles to shoot up the house of a Protestant family living along the Fermanagh Cavan border have sparked off fresh fears among the unionist community in the area.
The PSNI are investigating a claim issued by the 32 County Sovereignty Committee that the self-styled South Fermanagh Brigade of the IRA fired shots at a house in the Newtownbutler area in retaliation for recent police raids on republican homes.
Two gunmen armed with AK47 assault rifles reportedly carried out the gun attack at approximately 8pm on Tuesday night of last week.
A caller who claimed to be from the IRA warned the PSNI that, "if they continue with their deliberate harassment and victimisation of republican families, we have no other option than to target the families belonging to them".

http://fermanaghherald.com/2012/02/29/ira-claim-gun-attack-on-border/
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

nrico2006

What exactly was the evidence that convicted these two of the Carrol murder?  Being in the area on the night in question and both being people who anted to free Ireland?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Evil Genius

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2012, 03:19:07 PM
What exactly was the evidence that convicted these two of the Carrol murder?  Being in the area on the night in question and both being people who anted to free Ireland?
Defence Counsel for the two murderers had every opportunity to ask just such a question.

Afaiaa, the answer included weapons found the next day in the boot of the car belonging to one co-defendant, along with a jacket containing forensic evidence belonging to the other co-defendant.

In other words, there being indisputable evidence linking them with the attack, the eyewitness evidence was critical only in proving that they actually carried it out.

P.S. As for the mother of one of the murderers who was charged with obstructing the police in the course of the murder investigation (by hiding her son's computer the next day), there was no evidence produced. Then again, that might have been because she pleaded Guilty...

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lurganblue

The burning of cars in craigavon has already started.

fitzroyalty

Didn't take long...

I mind Wooton when he joined my school around the time I was leaving - a wee eejit running around playing with pokemon cards and messing about. Never imagined him turning into a Ra head.

orangeman

During his judgement, Lord Justice Girvan expressed his sympathies to Mrs Carroll. He took three weeks to assess the evidence ahead of delivering his reserved judgements.

He told Belfast Crown Court that McConville and Wootton were "active and committed supporters of a republican campaign of violence".

He said the men were "intimately involved" in the planning of the murder of Constable Carroll.

The court heard that the evidence of Witness M was crucial in convicting the two men.

He had placed McConville at the scene of the murder on the night in question. He also saw Wootton's car parked nearby and saw it leave shortly afterwards.

Mr Girvan said that Witness M's evidence had never been contradicted and called the murder a "joint enterprise".The judge said that the killing was callous and cowardly. He said that Constable Carroll was shot dead simply because he was a police officer and his identity was irrelevant to his killers.

During the trial, Wootton's mother - 39-year-old Sharon Wootton, of the same address as her son - pleaded guilty to obstructing the police investigation into the murder.

She admitted removing computer equipment from their house ahead of police searches.

Oraisteach

Can anyone assess the degree of support this faction has in the Nationalist community?  Is the Craigavon car-burning symptomatic of a foundation of support or is this conviction merely a pretext for delinquency and mayhem?

Have any community leaders spoken?

nrico2006

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 30, 2012, 03:45:29 PM
Defence Counsel for the two murderers had every opportunity to ask just such a question.

Afaiaa, the answer included weapons found the next day in the boot of the car belonging to one co-defendant, along with a jacket containing forensic evidence belonging to the other co-defendant.

In other words, there being indisputable evidence linking them with the attack, the eyewitness evidence was critical only in proving that they actually carried it out.

P.S. As for the mother of one of the murderers who was charged with obstructing the police in the course of the murder investigation (by hiding her son's computer the next day), there was no evidence produced. Then again, that might have been because she pleaded Guilty...

My thoughts as well.  I haven't followed the case to be honest, and from what I have heard the evidence they seem to be focusing on was your mans car having a locator attahced to it which pinpointed him near the scene and not much else.

Just seen a few cases lately where it didn't seem to take a lot of evidence to gain a conviction (Robert Black), while in others there was a fair bit of evidence that resulted in suspects getting off (Duffy).

Tullygally direction is a nightmare right now, trying to get back to work in Craigavon there from Lurgan and the place is going mad.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Agent Orange

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2012, 06:40:48 PM
My thoughts as well.  I haven't followed the case to be honest, and from what I have heard the evidence they seem to be focusing on was your mans car having a locator attahced to it which pinpointed him near the scene and not much else.

They conveniently deleted most of the evidence from that tracker. Its a very strange case, no hard evidence, some seemongly shady enough witnesses and even shadier goings on.

Expect an appeal.

dillinger

Didn't realize any of Ireland was in chains, and that includes The North/Northern Ireland.

Evil Genius

Meanwhile, these clowns scum are still at the tactics they learned from you-know-who...

3 April 2012

Rosslea bomb 'attempt to intimidate Protestants'

A bomb was left in the lane outside Harold Andrews's home

An Ulster Unionist councillor has said a bomb left outside his County Fermanagh home could be part of a campaign to intimidate Protestants living in the area.

The device was found in a lane leading to Harold Andrews' house at Mullaghglass, Rosslea on Monday. Police said it was viable.

He said some Protestant families feel they are living under siege. "It's intimidating for the small Protestant population in this particular area," he said.

Mr Andrews said he had passed the bomb a couple of times in the car and had not noticed it. However, his son spotted it at noon on Monday as he drove by in a tractor.

He described it as a steel tube about nine inches long with wires coming out of it.

"During the height of the Troubles there was quite a number of families who were forced out of the area, intimidated out of the area," he said.

"Some of them had to leave because relatives were killed and their next of kin basically left the area.

"It would appear that there's certain individuals don't want the peace process to be successful and they want to turn the clock back.

"Hopefully they won't be able to achieve their aim."

Mr Andrews' family has lived in the area for four generations. He has been an Ulster Unionist councillor since 1997.

In May 2011, a gas cylinder with wires protruding out of it was left beside the road about 50 yards from the end of his lane. That turned out to be a hoax.

However, in this case the police said it was a viable device.

"It's very unsettling. It makes life very difficult for my wife and my son and myself living in the area," he said.

He said there had been a recent incident in the Newtownbutler area and the victim was convinced that the motive was to force out Protestants.

Mr Andrews said: "It would indicate that this is something similar basically to intimidate people to leave the area - I certainly won't be leaving the area anyway.

"Both communities are getting on very well in the area and it's very disappointing and it certainly doesn't help community relations. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17602073
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0512/psni-arrest-four-following-house-raids.html

PSNI arrest four following house raids in Counties Tyrone and Antrim
Updated: 11:42, Saturday, 12 May 2012

PSNI detectives investigating alleged dissident republican activity have arrested four people in separate raids across Northern Ireland.

today police officers sealed off three houses in Co Tyrone at Pomeroy, Carrickmore and Omagh. A security swoop was also carried out on a fourth property at Toomebridge in Co Antrim.

Three men - aged 33, 44 and 44 - and a 37-year-old woman have been detained for questioning

involvement in alleged dissident republican activity and are being questioned by detectives in the Serious Crime Suite at Antrim police base.

The suspects can be held initially for up to 24 hours
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AQMP

First reports suggest it was a prison officer/staff member shot near Lurgan this morning

orangeman

'Shots fired' as man dies in M1 crashPolice believe shots may have been fired at a car which crashed on the M1 in Northern Ireland, killing a man.

DUP Justice Spokesperson Paul Givan has said he believes the man who died worked for the prison service.

The incident happened on a section of the motorway between the M12 Portadown turn-off and the Lurgan interchange, heading towards Belfast.

It happened at about 07:30GMT on Thursday.

The motorway has been closed in both directions.

Police are investigating reports of burnt out car found near Lurgan.

East Belfast MP Naomi Long has expressed her sadness following the shooting.

"It has particular ramifications for people," she said.

"It is very distressing but also very upsetting in a political way.

"What the people in Northern Ireland want is for this to be over."

charlieTully

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 30, 2012, 07:10:04 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2012, 06:40:48 PM

They conveniently deleted most of the evidence from that tracker. Its a very strange case, no hard evidence, some seemongly shady enough witnesses and even shadier goings on.

Expect an appeal.

see Gerry Conlon has been appointed chairman of the Justice for the Craigavon two campaign, believing they have been victims of a miscarriage of justice.