More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

What confuses me about the claims that DNA was planted is why, if it was planted, they didn't plant 'proper' DNA that didn't rely on this new technique.

Minder

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 21, 2012, 07:38:18 PM
What confuses me about the claims that DNA was planted is why, if it was planted, they didn't plant 'proper' DNA that didn't rely on this new technique.

Does anyone else other than Duffy and his mob reckon it was planted? What have SF said about their supporter, Brian Shivers getting sent down?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ulick

The "planted DNA" i.e. the glove tip wasn't anything to do with the "new technique". There was a full DNA profile on the glove, Duffy denies all knowledge of the glove. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he was fitted-up.

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on January 22, 2012, 03:21:30 AM

The "planted DNA" i.e. the glove tip wasn't anything to do with the "new technique". There was a full DNA profile on the glove, Duffy denies all knowledge of the glove. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he was fitted-up.
So this new technique only relates to Shivers' DNA?

Ulick

And the seatbelt DNA profile of Duffy.

screenmachine

To be honest if the glove tip was found on the second sweep then I would find it quite suspicious. Judging by the images in the media it wasn't exactly something you could miss easily, maybe if they missed a hair you could understand it but half a finger of a latex glove which was clearly visible to the eye couldn't be missed by forensic experts and if it was you'd have to ask serious questions about their ability to do their jobs...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

under the bar

Theres some bufoons in forensics too. My uncles car was hijacked during the troubles and used in a shooting.  He got it back a week later and his 10 yr old son found a hand gun under the seat.

Ulick

Quote from: Minder on January 21, 2012, 08:21:18 PM
Does anyone else other than Duffy and his mob reckon it was planted?

I do. There was a thread on this Board, deleted I think in the course of my "feud" with FiveTimes, where I outlined my incredulity that Duffy was lifted for this. That was based on my limited knowledge of the republican factions in north Armagh and the absolute loathing they have for each other. Duffy was still mainstream SF until a good 8 or 9 years after the RIRA split and on more that one occasion had described them as "no more than five pound touts". For evidence that the antipathy continued you only have to look at what happened in Maghabbey after Duffy was remanded. As soon as he came onto the republican wing, the existing dissident leader (also from Lurgan) in the gaol promptly left - preferring to be in with the crims than share a wing with Duffy. After he left the "mainstream" movement he chose not to associate with the various RSF & 32CSM factions around Lurgan, later choosing to associated with Éirígí which had no presence or active members in the area. IMO its Éirígí that has been damaged most by this whole debacle as what was starting to look like a creditable alternative to SF has now been neutered in the north by being tainted with violence and association with dissidents - very different to the image they are trying to put across in the south. Éirígí was the common link between Duffy, Chivers and the chief suspect and I expect there is going to be one hell of a fall-out over this.

LeoMc

Quote from: Agent Orange on January 21, 2012, 06:58:02 PM
Quote from: Ulick on January 21, 2012, 03:10:07 PM
They said the match with Chivers DNA profile was found outside the car, which places him at the scene. He claims he gave the box of matches to someone else at a meeting previous to this. The person he gave the matches to also happens to be the chief suspect.

Can you say who the chief suspect is?

Chivers named him in court as being a heavy smoker and often in Chivers home. He was referred to as a suspect who had been questioned but am not sure if the term chief suspect had ever ben used.

JUst retired

He went of his own free will to the psni, gave a ststement and went home. his name is in the public domain as I have read it in newspaper reports.

saffron sam2

Quote from: JUst retired on January 23, 2012, 12:07:51 PM
He went of his own free will to the psni, gave a ststement and went home. his name is in the public domain as I have read it in newspaper reports.

Is his middle name Og?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Evil Genius

Quote from: angermanagement on January 19, 2012, 11:30:40 PMTwo bombs in Derry tonight only a matter of time before these clowns kill a few.
Am I the only one who finds it repugnant when people refer to these "Dissidents" [sic]  eg as "clowns" and "eejits" etc, who need to "wise up" and "go away" etc?

It makes them sound like wayward teenagers who go out drinking cider of an evening, then can't get up for school the next morning.

We get it all the time from Republicans, who insist they don't agree with them, but somehow cannot bring themselves to use terminology like "vermin", "scum" and "murderers" etc, which would surely be applied if talking about eg Drug Dealers or Paedophiles (or so-called "Loyalists", for that matter).
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Hardy

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 27, 2012, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on January 19, 2012, 11:30:40 PMTwo bombs in Derry tonight only a matter of time before these clowns kill a few.
Am I the only one who finds it repugnant when people refer to these "Dissidents" [sic]  eg as "clowns" and "eejits" etc, who need to "wise up" and "go away" etc?

No.

HiMucker

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 27, 2012, 05:44:37 PM

It makes them sound like wayward teenagers who go out drinking cider of an evening, then can't get up for school the next morning.

We get it all the time from Republicans, who insist they don't agree with them, but somehow cannot bring themselves to use terminology like "vermin", "scum" and "murderers" etc, which would surely be applied if talking about eg Drug Dealers or Paedophiles (or so-called "Loyalists", for that matter).
Your being paranoid.  I'm sure if you read through the various threads you will see them called many such names.  Although clowns is not the best way to describe them, I would say that that highlights the fact that many of them are complete idiots.  When you even give them the best of chances to explain their ideology and what benefit they can possibly bring to Irish society, they are completely stumped. Within seconds you will hear something along the lines of "sein fein are hypocrites, they done it before"  Yeah they also burned witches as a tradition (a similar moronic argument to the tradition argument in that orange men should march down a specific route).  The vast majority of these individuals are either idiots, thugs or gangsters and sometimes all three.  However there are a small percentage of them who, are intelligent and fully believe in their ideology.  These are the ones I would be most worried about.  Branding people like that scum, monsters etc, does nothing to change the situation.  Like a Jihadist how can you be a scum bag if you believe what your doing is right?  These people are dangerous and can influence or use the idiots to do their bidding.  I have often wondered and occasionally asked some of these people "What would you do if it was a United Ireland tomorrow?"  Some of these people think that it would be some sort of Utopian society but in truth we would just be living the same lives as we are now,  interacting with the same people, going to the same bars and most importantly involved with the same GAA club.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM