More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 03, 2012, 05:00:37 PM
I'd imagine there's a lesson learned somewhere from the past 30 years re prison conditions.

The lesson must be if you can't get it through changing legislation by using the MP's or  MLA's then we kill people? Is that the lesson you're on about. What's next?

Or is it this, lets go back to random killing, lets get back to bombing and shooting people while they sit over a pint, that sounds much more fun, a lot of innocents getting killed.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2012, 05:33:44 PM
I'd imagine there's a lesson learned somewhere from the past 30 years re prison conditions.

The lesson must be if you can't get it through changing legislation by using the MP's or  MLA's then we kill people? Is that the lesson you're on about. What's next?

Or is it this, lets go back to random killing, lets get back to bombing and shooting people while they sit over a pint, that sounds much more fun, a lot of innocents getting killed.
No, I think the lesson to be learned that regardless of how many people (overwhelming vast majority of people) want to get on and live peaceful normal lives, there are still elements that are not happy with the current political set up, and these elements need to be dealt with in a careful manner and not underestimated.

The threat remains and the capabilities are well known. From a dissident perspective this is a successful coup - not a random killing. They've taken out a prison officer and also brought attention to the reasons behind it. This isn't an attack on the peace process it's an attack on what they (and others) perceive to be mistreatment in prisons and mistreatment of republicans, some of whom have been incarcerated under dubious circumstances.

I certainly agree this isn't the way to go about drawing attention to their plight but what it does do is highlight the authorities' incompetence - who's the first person they lift? Colin Duffy. Expect dissidents to gain more support on the back of this.

Rossfan

Quote from: Ulick on November 03, 2012, 12:22:04 AM
the killing. It was wrong, of course it was. - Now that wasn;t too hard was it ?

Does that make me a hypocritical SF lackey? Maybe so, but at least I can be honest about, accept the tragedy of it all and let things sit as opposed to being a w**ker and using the death of a man in an attempt to score against a perceived SFer on an anonymous discussion forum.

So any points made against SF are "cheap, dirty, insignificant points
Very interesting ....
at least I can't be kneecapped any more
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 03, 2012, 06:00:05 PM

No, I think the lesson to be learned that regardless of how many people (overwhelming vast majority of people) want to get on and live peaceful normal lives, there are still elements that are not happy with the current political set up, and these elements need to be dealt with in a careful manner and not underestimated.

The threat remains and the capabilities are well known. From a dissident perspective this is a successful coup not a random killing. They've taken out a prison officer and also brought attention to the reasons behind it. This isn't an attack on the peace process it's an attack on what they (and others) perceive to be mistreatment in prisons and mistreatment of republicans, some of whom have been incarcerated under dubious circumstances.

I certainly agree this isn't the way to go about drawing attention to their plight but what it does do is highlight the authorities' incompetence - who's the first person they lift? Colin Duffy. Expect dissidents to gain more support on the back of this.

Successful? Was Omagh also successful from a dissident perspective ? How far away from another day like that. But i suppose they learned lessons from that and so it will continue until maybe they accept seats in government and then someone else takes up their batton and so it continues
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 03, 2012, 06:00:05 PM

The threat remains and the capabilities are well known. From a dissident perspective this is a successful coup - not a random killing. They've taken out a prison officer and also brought attention to the reasons behind it. This isn't an attack on the peace process it's an attack on what they (and others) perceive to be mistreatment in prisons and mistreatment of republicans, some of whom have been incarcerated under dubious circumstances.

I expect dissidents to be jailed, they are scumbags!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Quote from: Puckoon on November 03, 2012, 02:24:08 PM
I think it's unfair to suggest that the wardens are the ones who "prefer to put on rubber gloves and shove their hands up people's rear ends on an hourly basis". I know as a man at the bottom of my work pyramid I don't make the rules. I do what I'm told.  The man murdered had a job, which cannot be underestimated in today's world. He got up daily and went to work, maybe to support a family.

He was an easy target for some sub human elements and no amount of justification or "perspective" will change that.
If he was prepared to carry out those orders (choice or not) then he's the one who's going to bear the brunt of the reactive consequences,  unfortunately not the ones who gave him the orders to use these 'questionable' methods against prisoners. That's the way of things.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on November 04, 2012, 10:28:58 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 03, 2012, 02:24:08 PM
I think it's unfair to suggest that the wardens are the ones who "prefer to put on rubber gloves and shove their hands up people's rear ends on an hourly basis". I know as a man at the bottom of my work pyramid I don't make the rules. I do what I'm told.  The man murdered had a job, which cannot be underestimated in today's world. He got up daily and went to work, maybe to support a family.

He was an easy target for some sub human elements and no amount of justification or "perspective" will change that.
If he was prepared to carry out those orders (choice or not) then he's the one who's going to bear the brunt of the reactive consequences,  unfortunately not the ones who gave him the orders to use these 'questionable' methods against prisoners. That's the way of things.
Convicted child abusers and suspected child abusers locked up because it's feared they may be planning to abuse more children. Child abusers subjected to intimate body searches because in the past they have planned the abuse of more children by smuggling in messages from outside in bodily orifices. Other child abusers target prison officers because they carry out these searches. GAA board posters describe the actions of the child abusers as simply the 'reactive consequences' of the prison regime.  ???

charlieTully

What a load of nonsense you talk. The simple straightforward fact of the matter is you reap what you sew. If you treat people as subhuman you can't cry with indignation when they carry out subhuman acts. No other prisoners are subjected to the same strip search procedures. The other prisoners can have drugs etc smuggled in at will. The strip searching is only carried out on republican prisoners a lot of whom have been convicted of nothing. It's supposed to be a civilized society and the treatment of prisoners should be humane in such a society. You can't have it both ways.

illdecide

I just spent the last hour reading over the posts from the last few days and there have been some stupid posts... First of Lurgan should be Nuked!!! That twat knows nothing about Lurgan so don't comment on something you know nothing about. EG who tries to tries to get ULICK to condone a killing but can't condone one himself...not to mention the few who just want to wing up ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

balladmaker

What's the cut off for either charging or releasing the two arrested on Friday?

The Gs Man

Both of them are out.

Our club got a doing over this morning over the head of it all. Windows broken, paint all over the place, sectarian slogans on the walls. And we're three miles outside Lurgan.
Keep 'er lit

theticklemister

Quote from: balladmaker on November 04, 2012, 08:34:02 PM
What's the cut off for either charging or releasing the two arrested on Friday?

There are boys in there for months without any charge so take a guess at anything

imtommygunn

Quote from: charlieTully on November 04, 2012, 12:07:02 PM
What a load of nonsense you talk. The simple straightforward fact of the matter is you reap what you sew. If you treat people as subhuman you can't cry with indignation when they carry out subhuman acts. No other prisoners are subjected to the same strip search procedures. The other prisoners can have drugs etc smuggled in at will. The strip searching is only carried out on republican prisoners a lot of whom have been convicted of nothing. It's supposed to be a civilized society and the treatment of prisoners should be humane in such a society. You can't have it both ways.

Of all the disgusting comments on this thread - and there are quite a few- that is the worst by a mile.

It is sickening read the fact that you have basically rationalised this act. It is a worrying society when people think like that.

Main Street

Such a dangerous thing these days to attempt to rationalize a human act.
Some people (not willing to stretch their brains) confuse such an attempt at rationality with making excuses or condoning the same human act.

illdecide

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 04, 2012, 08:40:05 PM
Both of them are out.

Our club got a doing over this morning over the head of it all. Windows broken, paint all over the place, sectarian slogans on the walls. And we're three miles outside Lurgan.

Seriously??? never heard anything this morning...BTW is that WT club your talking about?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch