Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2018, 01:00:36 PM
Don't mind Seafoid, he's always mad to talk about 2001, otherwise known as 'the year Meath hammered Kerry and no one cares what happened after that.'
Otherwise known as the long slide to Division 3 and everyone blame Boylan.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Don't mind Seafoid, he's always mad to talk about 2001, otherwise known as 'the year Meath hammered Kerry and no one cares what happened after that.'

Thats true jinxy and if ya beat Kerry by that much in a semi final , should be given Sam maguire there and then , fook the final.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

weareros

No one remembers who beats Kerry in a semi-final. You have to beat them in a final and only then might you get a picture hanging in a pub in Dingle out of respect.

If Mayo cut loose like they did against us in replay, they will win. They are a championship team but have at best one more good year in them to try and reach promised land.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2018, 01:44:21 PM
We were the people's champions in 1991 & 2001.

I doubt anyone other than Meath really were fond of ye back then or ever!!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Going back to the Topic on board I can't wait for this game it really should be a great game and it could go either way.With winning the province much more important than it ever was I can see blood and guts on the line here.

Funny thing is Roscommon could beat either of them anyway....

The West is awake and I wouldn't be surprised to see the three teams mentioned above in the Super 8 !
LAOIS ABÚ

larryin89

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 04, 2018, 02:36:50 PM
Going back to the Topic on board I can't wait for this game it really should be a great game and it could go either way.With winning the province much more important than it ever was I can see blood and guts on the line here.

Funny thing is Roscommon could beat either of them anyway....

The West is awake and I wouldn't be surprised to see the three teams mentioned above in the Super 8 !

Mayo have three games to win Connacht , two of them games against top ten teams , there is no argument that the front door is by far the best option for Mayo especially but Galway too , Roscommon also but to a lesser extent I suppose .

How we approach this game tactically will be interesting , pack the defence , play a sweeper and break like the hammers of hell. Cutting supply to comer is more vital than match ups although I expect Barrett to get to know comer up and personal on the day, crowe is another option also, hes a fair unit too. 

And ffs will ye Galway hoors get out the road and actually attend the game, ye have to be the worst supporters in the west by a mile .

magpie seanie

Up until the drawn final in 2016 it was the only football final I missed since 1993. Watched it in a bar in Ayia Napa after a Fearon-esque dates mixup.

shark

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 04, 2018, 03:26:45 PM

Up until the drawn final in 2016 it was the only football final I missed since 1993. Watched it in a bar in Ayia Napa after a Fearon-esque dates mixup.

93 was my first final. Got soaked.

macdanger2

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 04, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
Quote from: galwayman on April 04, 2018, 09:13:44 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 03, 2018, 11:20:07 PM
Aidan O'Shea to full back?
Not a chance.
Harrison or Higgins I would think will pick Comer up.
Or possibly Barrett who has played in the fb line in the past.

I'd say Barrett is their best bet.

Vaughan maybe an option

Maroon Manc

No championship games in Galway prior to the Mayo game.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/galway-to-get-clear-run-at-mayo-as-club-action-delayed-469124.html

Is their senior championship this weekend in Mayo?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/full-house-signs-being-prepared-five-weeks-before-mayogalway-showdown-36776364.html

Capacity at 28,000 in McHale Park, must be a fair chance of getting close to that next month.

Tubberman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 05, 2018, 10:23:35 AM

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/galway-to-get-clear-run-at-mayo-as-club-action-delayed-469124.html

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/full-house-signs-being-prepared-five-weeks-before-mayogalway-showdown-36776364.html

Capacity at 28,000 in McHale Park, must be a fair chance of getting close to that next month.

Yep, club championship going ahead in Mayo. Galway going all guns so...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Tubberman on April 05, 2018, 10:58:23 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 05, 2018, 10:23:35 AM

Yep, club championship going ahead in Mayo. Galway going all guns so...

I'd say in response to Mayo's week away.

larryin89

Cant fathom ground capacity stuff at all, stand is 10k,so thats saying its only what 6k in other three ends , lets guess 7k in albany and bacon factory end with 5k on the other side . Wtf like how do health and safety come to these figures is it based on all patrons been 30stone , 8ft tall and 4ft wide.

Substandard

Quote from: larryin89 on April 05, 2018, 11:27:07 AM
Cant fathom ground capacity stuff at all, stand is 10k,so thats saying its only what 6k in other three ends , lets guess 7k in albany and bacon factory end with 5k on the other side . Wtf like how do health and safety come to these figures is it based on all patrons been 30stone , 8ft tall and 4ft wide.

Mayo Mick (or is that his name?!!)- he's that size and a bit, so it'd only need a few more like him to tighten up space!!