Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 07, 2020, 10:11:52 PM
Anyone have update on Bradley or Darragh Canavan?

Canavan didn't play for the u20s recently and Murnaghan did so maybe he has a knock or is unavailable at present. I'd imagine the u20s won't take any part in the league in any case. Murnaghan starts tomorrow but I'd say he's only really there for development purposes.

Bradley I assume is being eased back in.

Take it Lee Brennan won't be involved this year?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2020, 09:58:56 PM
Coney the only survivor from the weekend.

Interesting to see how Ronan McHugh gets on, he's had a lot of bad luck with injuries but he is a big lad and has generally been at the top of the scoring charts at club level when fit. There's a gap there for him if he impresses.

For all the talk of men who aren't in team or panel on this board - this is the fella who could really make it, if his injuries have healed and he's the same player he can come from nowhere this year I think. A better footballer than McShane, but its just where his body is.

tyroneman

I see Tadgh Kennelly saying that McShane can't play AFL this year, as he is not in the final list of players submitted to the league for 2020, so he should be able to play Championship for Tyrone...

https://hoganstand.com/Tyrone/Article/Index/307227

RedHand88

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 08, 2020, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on January 07, 2020, 04:00:43 PM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 07, 2020, 02:03:28 PM
Teamtalk only put a story together based on half truths of rumours circulating round the county over the Christmas period. The only people that know the full picture are the player himself and those closest to him which probably includes Mickey Harte as he was the first one to mention a 2 week trial period. There's a good chance he'll be back in the Tyrone squad for the national league which can only be good news for Gaels in the county

Good chance ?
Honestly?

Tadgh Kennelly seems to think so too but we'll all just have to wait and see boss

When he gets a taste for Australia there will be more chance of me playing full forward for Tyrone this year.

GetOverTheBar

Teamtalk only put a story together based on half truths of rumours circulating round the county over the Christmas period. The only people that know the full picture are the player himself and those closest to him which probably includes Mickey Harte as he was the first one to mention a 2 week trial period. There's a good chance he'll be back in the Tyrone squad for the national league which can only be good news for Gaels in the county

Good chance ?
Honestly?

Tadgh Kennelly seems to think so too but we'll all just have to wait and see boss

If he signs to either club as an international rookie category B he can be registered mid season. I don't know if either of these clubs already have someone signed in that category but I think you lose a place in the next draft as a result. It's something like that, but AFAIK he would be free to play AFL footy midseason and what's more likely, immediately ready to play VFL - Which itself, can be brutal.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2020, 02:49:04 PM

Good chance ?
Honestly?

If he signs to either club as an international rookie category B he can be registered mid season. I don't know if either of these clubs already have someone signed in that category but I think you lose a place in the next draft as a result. It's something like that, but AFAIK he would be free to play AFL footy midseason and what's more likely, immediately ready to play VFL - Which itself, can be brutal.

https://www.offtheball.com/football/cathal-mcshane-tadhg-kennelly-946144

Kennelly says the deadline has passed for them to register him before the season starts and that its extremely unlikely they would register him mid-season. I know nothing about the ins and outs of the AFL transfer or draft system but if what Kennelly says is true there has been a crazy about of nonsense spouted in the media over the past week, with nobody having a clue about what's going on

Angelo

Sounded like a cracker tonight. Ronan O'Neill seemed to have delivered a serious performance, kudos for him to come back and give it another shot as I had him written off. Should put himself in contention for a starting spot in the league.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Localexpert

Did one of der fuhrer's ballygawley disciples drop the ball over his head into the net tonight?

square_ball

Quote from: Localexpert on January 08, 2020, 10:43:57 PM
Did one of der fuhrer's ballygawley disciples drop the ball over his head into the net tonight?

I thought you only come out in September/October time to tell us the team news from Annagher?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on January 08, 2020, 09:46:32 PM
Sounded like a cracker tonight. Ronan O'Neill seemed to have delivered a serious performance, kudos for him to come back and give it another shot as I had him written off. Should put himself in contention for a starting spot in the league.

Was kinda hard to tell, only saw one clip of him scoring the goal but he looked a bit leaner than he did last time I seen him which I think was a problem before. Good to see, all the talent in the world just the dreaded ACL.

How did Ronan McHugh get on anyone know?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 09, 2020, 09:34:49 AM

Was kinda hard to tell, only saw one clip of him scoring the goal but he looked a bit leaner than he did last time I seen him which I think was a problem before. Good to see, all the talent in the world just the dreaded ACL.

Didn't play in the full forward line and struggled to get into the game. Kicked a nice point during the first half along with 2 decent free kicks.
If he's going to have any impact for Tyrone he'll have to be in the full forward line.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 09, 2020, 10:23:25 AM

Didn't play in the full forward line and struggled to get into the game. Kicked a nice point during the first half along with 2 decent free kicks.
If he's going to have any impact for Tyrone he'll have to be in the full forward line.
Where was he playing? Typical Harte move to be fair, why did we expect him to play in the full forward line? Hes only been top scorer in the league what 3 or 4 times?? Throw him in half back to f**k. The only reason I can logically think of is for fitness, any other reason is stupid

GlenMan

Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 09, 2020, 10:48:03 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 09, 2020, 10:23:25 AM

Where was he playing? Typical Harte move to be fair, why did we expect him to play in the full forward line? Hes only been top scorer in the league what 3 or 4 times?? Throw him in half back to f**k. The only reason I can logically think of is for fitness, any other reason is stupid

He was playing around half forward most of the game. I thought he did very well considering it's his first game in about 15 months.

Under Lights

There are some highlights on the BBC NI Twitter https://twitter.com/BBCSPORTNI

Don't click into the match report there are actual individual tweets for some scores including the drop into the net.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Localexpert on January 08, 2020, 10:43:57 PM

Most of Ireland denigrates Tyrone and the players as individuals severely over the last 20 years or so. Should we not be trying to support players as much as possible, and f**k the rest? No one likes us, we don't care etc. Support helps I would've thought.

The cub made an error. It happens.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone