Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Not sure yet. He hasn't decided on running order. Hoping for the Falls one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

I'm doing a leg of it also, Hopefully i'll be grand, not doing any training at all for it, I should be ok? shouldn't I??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mannix

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2011, 11:12:14 AM
I'm doing a leg of it also, Hopefully i'll be grand, not doing any training at all for it, I should be ok? shouldn't I??

This is what we call "the confidence of youth"
Good luck

CiKe

Quote from: mannix on April 09, 2011, 12:27:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2011, 11:12:14 AM

This is what we call "the confidence of youth"
Good luck

Nothing youthful about him! Good luck Milltown

orangeman

leaveherinsir

Quote from: orangeman on April 11, 2011, 02:05:26 PM
Lads,

This doesn't bear thinking about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12933932
Good show that, watchin a bit of the London Marathon here, elite woman runners went off first, they have run over 11 miles in under an hour, some pace!

AFS

Quote from: orangeman on April 11, 2011, 02:05:26 PM
Lads,

This doesn't bear thinking about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12933932

Bit closer today.

Geoffrey Mutai breaks world marathon record in Boston

Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai has won the Boston Marathon men's race in an unofficial world-record time of two hours, three minutes and two seconds.

The previous record of 2:03:59 was set by Ethiopia's Haile Gebrselassie in Berlin on 28 September 2008.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/13116092.stm

ardal

Quote from: ONeill on April 08, 2011, 11:17:07 PM
I'm doing a leg of it. I catch a glimpse of you BC you're going to get some kick up the hole.

Really sorry, but having done a few marathons, I really hate the "one leg of it" feckers. You start off, try desperately hard to keep your pace under control, hit a few miles, you've set your pace on someone a bit in front, then he drops out and another fecker take over.

Would you do a wee bit of it with your missus and then let someone else take over? Ahhh feck, don't answer that

Orior

Quote from: ardal on April 18, 2011, 09:51:51 PM
I'm doing a leg of it. I catch a glimpse of you BC you're going to get some kick up the hole.

Really sorry, but having done a few marathons, I really hate the "one leg of it" feckers. You start off, try desperately hard to keep your pace under control, hit a few miles, you've set your pace on someone a bit in front, then he drops out and another fecker take over.

Would you do a wee bit of it with your missus and then let someone else take over? Ahhh feck, don't answer that

LOL. Mrs Ardal might beg to differ.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ardal

Quote from: Orior on April 18, 2011, 09:56:38 PM
Quote from: ardal on April 18, 2011, 09:51:51 PM

LOL. Mrs Ardal might beg to differ.

I'm a full marathon man myself Orior, love that nutty, caramel, chocolate mix. Never have dropped out half way, even if the missus was too sound asleep to know.

brokencrossbar1

SPONSOR ME FOR BELFAST MARATHON RUN!!!

Ok lads coming into the last few days before the run and training is going mehhh but sure I'll get round at some stage :D.

Many thanks to the little baldy man, I promise the Kerry man I won't clean him out on the golf course, the Mayo man in the middle of the field, the man who knows a man who is the fastest talker in the world, the man from the bogs, the Principal of the Board, Joe Brolly's mate and my own personal marathon stalker, all very generous with their contributions to my ambulance fund(my own personal ambulance!).  Now come on to f**k the rest of you mean hoors and put your fingers to work over to my fundraising website and sponsor me some money!!!!

Thanks

SPONSOR ME FOR BELFAST MARATHON RUN!!!

Milltown Row2

At a party at the min, just got sponsored hundred quid!! rich guy, brill up to 3 hundred without trying. Ardal you are full of shite. You wanted to finish a full match but were shite!!! stick to running
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

60 of us from my firm are taking part in various ways in memory of our colleague who was murdered in September. Look out for bright yellow tshirts with an accountancy firm logo down the side!

Doing the 9 mile walk myself.

Milltown Row2

Yes should be good craic tomorrow, have done nothing, haven't run at all, but looking to do 9/10 minute mile.

Am I being too optimistic? 

Milltown Row2

Only doing a leg of it, 5 1/4 miles