Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Starting to get a notion in my head of doing a marathon so must do a few halfs myself. Half marathon time(my one and only) not too hot so shouldn't be too hard to beat).

brokencrossbar1

Run of Champions!!!

29/07/2011 @ 1pm. This is an annual 10K run, jog or walk round the beautiful countryside of Crossmaglen. The route suits everyone who wants a challenge. The course record is 32:16 held by Gary O'Hanlon and female record 36:12 held by Julie Turley..29/07/2012 @ 1pm. Starting at Crossmaglen Rangers GFC Grounds.

If I can do it anyone can!!!!

You can register through this link

http://www.runireland.com/events/crossmaglen-10k-challenge-0

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2012, 05:01:16 PM

Run of Champions!!!

29/07/2011 @ 1pm. This is an annual 10K run, jog or walk round the beautiful countryside of Crossmaglen. The route suits everyone who wants a challenge. The course record is 32:16 held by Gary O'Hanlon and female record 36:12 held by Julie Turley..29/07/2012 @ 1pm. Starting at Crossmaglen Rangers GFC Grounds.

Missed it last year but by all accounst was a great event. I'll be there this year with all going well.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on May 10, 2012, 05:07:41 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2012, 05:01:16 PM

Run of Champions!!!

Missed it last year but by all accounst was a great event. I'll be there this year with all going well.

Good man, I hope to do it myself but I won't be setting any records!!!

Mayo4Sam

http://www.runireland.com/events/john-davis-5km-run

This looks like it'll be a nice run in Malahide castle
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bingo

Did the 10km Blackwater run in Monaghan on Sunday. Tough wee track in and around Rossmore Park, lovely run in fairness but as you can imagine it was very up and down on forest paths.

Enjoyed it and happy with time of 43.30 considering the course.

Looks like the Newry half marathon is next at start of run.

ballinaman

That 5K in Malahide is sold out now as far as I know mayo4sam.

Fair play bingo, those trail runs can be tricky enough. Haven't made up my mind about the Newry half yet. There's an 8K down West in Cong I might tip down to that weekend.

Ran a PB last Sat in the half, 1.22.06, didn't have much left at the end so have to be happy for now....though as with every time you race, you always want to get the time down further!

Bingo

Thats right going for the half, Ballinaman. You are fairly moving after the injury. No point having much left in the tank after a run like that.

It would be my first proper half, done one in a training run and it was tough. Few miles to get in the legs this week and next before i decide for sure but am 80% at this stage.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on May 15, 2012, 11:38:27 AM
Thats right going for the half, Ballinaman. You are fairly moving after the injury. No point having much left in the tank after a run like that.

It would be my first proper half, done one in a training run and it was tough. Few miles to get in the legs this week and next before i decide for sure but am 80% at this stage.

To be honest, the break after the marathon probably did me good. Ran a even race, stopped looking at the splits after 7 miles. Good man, try and get a couple of 14 or 15 miles runs if you can in before the Newry race, will give you a bit of extra confidence and will help you big time from 10 miles onwards.

moysider

A great run there in the half Ballinaman. I was in attendance but didn t run it this year. Lovely day for it and it s a great route but nothing easy about it. At my age I could only dream of times like that. If I could get a sub 1:40 at this stage i would be over the moon.

We got lucky with the weather Saturday. Sunday was so stormy I m not sure the race could have gone ahead if it was scheduled for that day. Running through Belleek woods in a gale is not a good idea with branches flying.

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on May 15, 2012, 01:27:44 PM

A great run there in the half Ballinaman. I was in attendance but didn t run it this year. Lovely day for it and it s a great route but nothing easy about it. At my age I could only dream of times like that. If I could get a sub 1:40 at this stage i would be over the moon.

We got lucky with the weather Saturday. Sunday was so stormy I m not sure the race could have gone ahead if it was scheduled for that day. Running through Belleek woods in a gale is not a good idea with branches flying.
Sound moysider, enjoyed it, was in bits in 2011 so was a welcome change. Nice pool of runners in Ballina now, we've taken over from Mayo AC as top adult club now in Mayo.1.40 is fair clipping but not impossible for anyone, the pacemakers were a great idea this year. Steeped with the weather as you said.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on May 15, 2012, 11:28:08 AM

Ya seems they sold 100 of the 400 places over the weekend, up from 200 last yr

Ran a PB last Sat in the half, 1.22.06, didn't have much left at the end so have to be happy for now....though as with every time you race, you always want to get the time down further!

Typical Ballina, it was 1.22.08!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 15, 2012, 11:41:08 PM

Ya seems they sold 100 of the 400 places over the weekend, up from 200 last yr

Typical Ballina, it was 1.22.08!
1.22.06 on my watch...i'll take every second i can get!.... ;)

Bingo

Lovely weather at the minute but you certainly feel the difference on an evening run. Did 15km yesterday evening, starting just after 7 and it was tough going. Lovely been out in it mind.

imtommygunn

It's not the heat that's the problem for me - struggling breathing as there's not much oxygen in it...

Still good being out in it but the speed work is pretty tough in it!