The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Two brilliant putts to win it. Fair play, what an excellent season.

Sandino

Fair play to him indeed he beat the Tiger to win a big one!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

tyroneboi

Couple of great pressure putts from Gmac! The American commentators sounded gutted that Tiger lost.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: tyroneboi on December 05, 2010, 11:34:08 PM
Couple of great pressure putts from Gmac! The American commentators sounded gutted that Tiger lost.

Was going to say the very same. You would have swore someone died when Tiger missed. Good to see Mc Ilroy come on to celebrate with Mc Dowell at the end.

heganboy

when gmac was walking back up to the 18th tee for the play off, his brass balls must have been clinking. That was huge from him, to beat Tiger in those circumstances at his own event with a 4 stroke deficit, with those two putts. Unreal...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

tyroneboi

I think Gmac should win SPOTY ahead of AP McCoy. He has had a phenomanal 2010 winning a major, more or less sinking the winning putt in the Ryder Cup and has had some big wins throughout the year. If it was Ian Poulter or Lee Westwood they would be certs for SPOTY.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: tyroneboi on December 06, 2010, 11:07:37 AM
I think Gmac should win SPOTY ahead of AP McCoy. He has had a phenomanal 2010 winning a major, more or less sinking the winning putt in the Ryder Cup and has had some big wins throughout the year. If it was Ian Poulter or Lee Westwood they would be certs for SPOTY.
100% correct, I still want McCoy to win but can't help but feel Gmac deserves it more for his year, McCoy has been phenomenal for 15yrs though with no recognition.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 06, 2010, 11:21:10 AMMcCoy has been phenomenal for 15yrs though with no recognition.

it's not a lifetime acheivement award (Giggs winning last year not counting)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 06, 2010, 02:20:00 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 06, 2010, 11:21:10 AMMcCoy has been phenomenal for 15yrs though with no recognition.

it's not a lifetime acheivement award (Giggs winning last year not counting)
I know that and that is why I said it because Giggs got it for his career when he shouldn't have.  As I said, I do think McDowell probably deserves it more for the year he has had.

mackers

That peckerhead Mark Roe talked some crap also.............fair play to G Mac......he's going to have to give Rory a good few putting lessons or he's going to turn into another Sergio Garcia..........
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

ludermor

leaveherinsir

Quote from: mackers on December 06, 2010, 03:42:21 PM
That peckerhead Mark Roe talked some crap also.............fair play to G Mac......he's going to have to give Rory a good few putting lessons or he's going to turn into another Sergio Garcia..........
Interesting observation, McIlroy is in no way guaranteed to win Majors.  Undoubtedly he is a superb golfer, but as you say he could be the next Sergio just as easily as the next Tiger! McDowell has had some year, will be interesting to see if that spurs on McIlroy. Would be great to see them two and Harrington all in contention on the final day of a major next year!

The Real Laoislad

Anyone see Bubba Watson's eagle on the 18th last night?

663yards on the green in two :o.. he used driver off the fairway for his second shot
Driver off the fairway!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thebigfella

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 07, 2011, 02:57:40 PM
Anyone see Bubba Watson's eagle on the 18th last night?

663yards on the green in two :o.. he used driver off the fairway for his second shot
Driver off the fairway!

Yeah Poulter I think had a link to it on his twitter feed last night; more impressive is the fact he faded it 50 yards right to left and got 300 odd yards (I'm guessing) still  :o

Give it a go, it's not as hard as you think to hit the driver off the fairway. The control to shape the shot and the distance is what is most impressive I think.