GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2020, 04:04:35 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 10, 2020, 09:50:02 PM
Quote from: marty34 on May 10, 2020, 09:33:39 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 10, 2020, 09:22:47 PM
https://twitter.com/tarlynch43/status/1259564767393579009?s=09

:o

Anybody really surprised?

The amount of so-called 'nationalists' who use the term 'northern ireland' (omg, did I actually write that) is unreal.  It's normal among 'nationalists' in the 6 counties these days.

Personally, I blame the grammar schools.
Interesting......Go on.
No? That's a pity.
How touchy. You are clearly some sort of Grammar School employee or either send your kids to a Grammar School.

trailer

Quote from: GJL on May 11, 2020, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2020, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 11, 2020, 07:33:30 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2020, 10:08:25 AM
Some people really need to out more. Classy to see the SF brigade get stuck into him straight away. Obviously as the judges of what is and isn't Irish you would expect nothing else.

If Gregory Campbell or Jim Allister said "up here in the UK" with reference to GAA lockdown rules they'd be labelled as petty. You and all the rest of the SDLP would rightfully be criticising it.

No I wouldn't because I'm not a f**king republican Sinn Fein zealot.

Does adding "f**king" into your sentence make it more relevant?

I'm exasperated with people who measure Irishness by supporting Celtic and hating everything British. They lack the ability or intelligence to understand Ireland is not owned by them.

Wee Roddy

James Kerr, the father of the county chair Michael has passed away this morning at home after a long illness. It got me thinking again how tough it must be to bury one of your loved ones in these horrid times.

Eire90

Reports are conor mckenna test positive for coronavirus

Angelo

A lot of reports of McKenna getting a lenghtly AFL ban for breaches in relation to contracting Covid. Many people calling for his contract to be torn up and deporting him.

Given all the controversy over him in the past 12 months I think it's looking more likely he could back with Tyrone in the very near future.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

time ticking away

Quote from: Angelo on June 21, 2020, 01:42:13 PM
A lot of reports of McKenna getting a lenghtly AFL ban for breaches in relation to contracting Covid. Many people calling for his contract to be torn up and deporting him.

Given all the controversy over him in the past 12 months I think it's looking more likely he could back with Tyrone in the very near future.

Sounds to me that you would be happy if he got kicked out of the AFL
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

RedHand88

Quote from: time ticking away on June 21, 2020, 01:52:52 PM

On some level McKenna probably would too.

tyrone08

Any ideas of what's happening with mickeys contract? This was his supposed to be his final year. Any thought on if it will be or not.

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 21, 2020, 02:25:55 PM
Any ideas of what's happening with mickeys contract? This was his supposed to be his final year. Any thought on if it will be or not.

Would imagine he will get the next Championship with Tyrone, if its this year, he will probably get one more year of an extension as being realistic, the season is going to be a bit of a farce this year with everything that has gone on.

Angelo

Quote from: time ticking away on June 21, 2020, 01:52:52 PM

I'd imagine most Tyrone fans would be absolutely delighted to have McKenna back lining out for the county.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Angelo on June 21, 2020, 07:35:09 PM

Would imagine he will get the next Championship with Tyrone, if its this year, he will probably get one more year of an extension as being realistic, the season is going to be a bit of a farce this year with everything that has gone on.

On the Mickey Harte situation, it is very much a catch 22 scenario. Do we want him to go? Who is 'interested' to replace him? Not too many to my knowledge.
Harte is a very hard act to follow and it will be difficult for someone to come in and improve on what is current team status. Plenty of names are discussed and bandied about but are they realistically that interested - maybe they will be in a few years time but to jump straight in after MH would bring incredible pressure and media focus.
Our 2/3 top players are all coming to the latter stages of their careers so maybe the time is right for someone to take over....not too sure anybody wants to

Angelo

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 21, 2020, 10:12:48 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 21, 2020, 07:35:09 PM

On the Mickey Harte situation, it is very much a catch 22 scenario. Do we want him to go? Who is 'interested' to replace him? Not too many to my knowledge.
Harte is a very hard act to follow and it will be difficult for someone to come in and improve on what is current team status. Plenty of names are discussed and bandied about but are they realistically that interested - maybe they will be in a few years time but to jump straight in after MH would bring incredible pressure and media focus.
Our 2/3 top players are all coming to the latter stages of their careers so maybe the time is right for someone to take over....not too sure anybody wants to

I'd imagine Canavan will be the man that will get the gig whenever it comes about but he's been out of the management gig now for a while after dipping his toes in it after his playing career wound up. Would he still want it? It would mean having to do give up his role with Sky which presumably is a nice earner for him and probably far less time consuming but Canavan was a driven player and I'm sure he'd have aspirations to try his hand at some point over Tyrone.

The next most likely would probably be Logan after the u21 success.

I think then you could be looking at someone like O'Rourke but Tyrone isn't really a county that goes outside and I don't see O'Rourke playing a brand of football than will sate the anti-Harte mob but I think it's fair to say for a good cohort of those, the football is just the proxy to have a go at Harte.

Canavan is the only name I think there that could get a real buzz back about the county, a legend of a player and he certainly knows the game and is very driven but he's completely unproven as a manager.

GetOverTheBar

Canavan isn't stupid enough to even think about managing Tyrone yet. There will have to be a failure or two before that. Next Tyrone manager might be 7th or 8th down any list, I doubt it will be anyone stellar.

tyrone08

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2020, 11:12:41 PM
Harte is your Ferguson/Wenger. You'd probably be right to say it's time for someone new but it's going to be a shitshow for a good while after he goes.

I would agree mostly with that. People who back harte always state that we could do worse. Fair enough but my response to that is have you honestly went into a top teir game in the last number of years and truly believed that tyrone could win it? I haven't. tyrone have not beat dubs, kerry or mayo in a knock out game in about 7 years or so.

What's the point in playing a bland defensive game of football all year only to know that you will be knocked out against one of the teams

Never beat the deeler

Usual kneejerk wailing from the AFL media here.

McKenna not the first to breach the rules and no contracts have been torn up yet. Brandon Zerk-Thatcher of the bombers received a one-game ban.

Not to mention he was fourth in their best and fairest last year so Essendon not looking to get rid.
Hasta la victoria siempre