Yes
51 (62.2%)
No
31 (37.8%)

Total Members Voted: 82

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 12, 2007, 11:53:19 PM
Mighty Quinn

Pay the f**king fine and buy me that pint you owe me.

And - oh - Happy Birthday. I hope the 'Rules of the Road - Dine Site' edition, bought by Mrs Mighty Quinn, comes into good use.

Fact is that had I given Donegal a miss and gone to the Wellington Bar instead none of this would have happened

dodo

Bacon

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 12, 2007, 11:55:59 PM

Fact is that had I given Donegal a miss and gone to the Wellington Bar instead none of this would have happened

If you had gone to the Wellington Bar you might have been done for drunken drinking!
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Shamrock Shore

Jazes Bacon

That's a big leap from speeding which we all may have done in the past to drunk driving.

Six Inch Nail

I wouldn't bother Mighty, imagine the fun you'll have dodging Pat and Seamus the next you're lovely Donegal :D
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

deiseach

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 12, 2007, 11:56:44 PM
I think you have your Ports mixed up, you`d be doing well to get a ferry to Portadown.

People often confuse a native of Portadown with a car ferry.

Tankie

Quote from: Tankie on November 12, 2007, 09:54:16 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 12, 2007, 09:30:15 PM
As many of you know I was done for speeding just close to the outskirts of Castlefin in Co Donegal. The fixed penalty notice arrived today on my birthday. I was going to pay it without question but thanks to the helpful comments of Tankie and GNevin I'm now not so sure as to whether I should pay or not. The results of this poll will determine the outcome

Great to see the partitionist attitude is alive and well among the Jackeens Nordies. Will you be producing your British passport the next time a Garda (Irish Police) stop you for speeding and ask you for id?

As i said before it must be great to be able to choose when to be Irish ::)

Thought as much ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

DMarsden

If you're from the north, you won't need to. They won't enforce the fine sir.

Gnevin

Quote from: DMarsden on November 13, 2007, 02:20:23 PM

But if you from the north should you be respecting and encouraging  cross boarder policy's ?
60% in favour of you paying  Quinn, let me guess next you'll want a 2/3 majority ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hardy

"cross boarder policy's"

See Spellcheck just lets this stuff right on through.

(Who is this disgruntled lodger?).

Gnevin

Quote from: Hardy on November 13, 2007, 02:30:43 PM
"cross boarder policy's"

See Spellcheck just lets this stuff right on through.

(Who is this disgruntled lodger?).
Stupid homophone
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on November 13, 2007, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: DMarsden on November 13, 2007, 02:20:23 PM

But if you from the north should you be respecting and encouraging  cross boarder policy's ?
60% in favour of you paying  Quinn, let me guess next you'll want a 2/3 majority ?

Its just typical Irish when it suits them but when its costs them money they are British again ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Lecale2

Hold out there Mighty Man! Sure you'll have great craic trying to dodge the Garda every time you cross the border.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

So Tankie and Gnevin, when you join the hoardes of marauding Jackeens in the annual Christmas cross border trip to Newry for the cheap booze, biscuits and selection boxes, do you, upon your return, tot up the amount taxation your Government has been denied as a result of your excursion and send a cheque to Brian Cowan to compensate for this loss of revenue

Tankie

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 13, 2007, 05:45:59 PM
So Tankie and Gnevin, when you join the hoardes of marauding Jackeens in the annual Christmas cross border trip to Newry for the cheap booze, biscuits and selection boxes, do you, upon your return, tot up the amount taxation your Government has been denied as a result of your excursion and send a cheque to Brian Cowan to compensate for this loss of revenue

Sorry Quinn i do not go to the north for cheap beer or selection boxes, and what the hell has people giving money to the Irish government got to do with you hiding behind your Britishness when it suits you not to pay a fine to the Irish Government?
Grand Slam Saturday!