The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Great start to the Xmas fixtures with hard fought wins against Chelsea and Leicester and with 2 much needed clean sheets. The injury to Allan is a massive blow though.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Godfrey and Holgate have done a great job deputizing for the injured fullbacks and all of a sudden Iwobi is looking half decent. I don't expect the eyebrow to change anything dramatically for the Arsenal game. Pickford will come back in even though I've been impressed with Olsen in his 2 outings between the sticks. Doucoure can play the holding midfield role as he was superb last night when Allan went off injured, but Gylfi and Gomes playing together does not excite me so much....both lacking in pace, but maybe I'm being harsh....they've played well in these last few games too. Great to see young Gordon getting a few minutes at the end last night. We'll need him for sure in the upcoming fixtures. After back to back wins I'll be gutted now if we can't turn over the goons at Goodison, but it's been a funny old season so far....majestic at the start, then dreadful for a month...and now looking solid and hard to beat.

manfromdelmonte

manfromdelmonte

Just about deserved the win.
Getting dizzy up here

imtommygunn

Godfrey starting to look really good and holgate not bad either. Considering who all is missing that's a good win. I expect Man City to be a step too far but you never know as they aren't fully firing this year.

brokencrossbar1

They're doing well at the minute but the squad is thin so as the games build up then the pressure will be on. Still think they'll struggle to make the top 4 and 2-3 bad results has a team back to mid table. You'd expect 2-3 teams to go on strong runs from here and I don't see Everton being one of them

imtommygunn

Top six I'd be happy. Not enough depth there so like you say this period will likely take it's toll.

Midfield needs serious strengthening. Too many lazy deckers there without Allan or doucoure.

SHEEDY

Any squad is going to be stretched with the amount of games at the minute and injuries are obviously going to happen because of that. Everton have played 3 games since Liverpool last played and play again tomorrow, no Allan, no Rodriguez, no Richarlison, no Digne and no complaints from ancellotti.
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

10 wins. Thats more than
Liverpool
Tottenham
Man city
Chelsea....
With this squad.

J70

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 12, 2021, 11:31:05 PM
10 wins. Thats more than
Liverpool
Tottenham
Man city
Chelsea....
With this squad.

It's amazing what a world class manager can do.

Mr. Nakata

Enjoyed the game last night. Keane and Iwobi both superb and 90 minutes for Digne will help him get his sharpness back. Villa game on Sunday is looking very unlikely to proceed...which is disappointing.

manfromdelmonte

playing with no striker but winning 2-1
great management

imtommygunn

Interesting seeing Digne out on the wing. I was wondering how they would accomodate him and Godfrey who's getting rave reviews.

Where was Richarlison? He wasn't playing was he?

Allan coming back will be a huge plus. DCL too obviously. Allan, IMO, the best bit of transfer business.

Mr. Nakata

Richarlison has an injury...came on for the last 15 minutes. Looks out of condition to me. Must have wintered well in Toxteth. Should hopefully have DCL back for the cup game against Sheff Wed and Allan at the end of the month, all going well. What vexes me is how we look a real decent outfit against all the teams that play ball, yet we look utter shite against a team that parks the bus against us. The West Ham defeat on New Year's Day a case in point. I was angry for a week after that game. I suppose we just need a few more creative players. Top 6 has to be the aim this season. 

SHEEDY

Comfortable win, into the next round. James Rodriguez different class and a new record holder, thierry small; youngest ever player at 16 years and 176 days  8)
nil satis nisi optimum