The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

No doubt all Liverpools friends in the FA will push FIFA to allow this to happen.

AZOffaly

Yep.

And we'll get Barcelona kicked out of the CL as well. It;s our only hope.

Why would  LFC want Maschereno though? When Sissoko comes back there'll be a plethora of midfielders again.

magpie seanie

Not central midfielders. When Sissoko comes back that's only two. Mascherano would be a good addition. Cannot understand why it hasn't worked out for him (or Tevez) at West Ham.

AZOffaly

Well Sissoko, Alonso and Gerrard are going to be battling for 2 positions as it is. Another one will add to the confusion there. And then Stevie G can do a big sulk if he's on the right to accomodate Mascherano.

No need to say Steven Gerrard is not a central midfielder. We've heard it before.

corn02

Exactly no need for him, Stevie G will huff if he is played on right. No need in my opinion.

Carmen Stateside

Rafa just seems to be going Argie crazy at the minute!!!  ???

J70

Can't see how Liverpool have a case here. Rules are rules. If Mascherano hadn't made any first team appearances for West Ham, it might be different.

Hound

Just because Stevie would go into a sulk is no good reason not to buy another CM and move SG onto the right. And the real benefit of Mascherano is it should mean no more Zenden in a red jersey.

In any event there are plenty of signs that Benitez is gradually moving towards a 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2) system, which would mean Gerrard being the most offensive of three central midfielders.

AZOffaly

I think that is the case exactly Hound. I see Liverpool playing 3-5-2 next season. At the moment the team would be along the lines of Reina, Finnan, Carra, Agger, Pennant, Sissoko, Alonso, Gerrard, Riise, Kuyt, Bellamy.

I wouldn't mind that to be honest.

brokencrossbar1

I have been saying that for some time that it is the way to go.  Another top class CB, pushing Finnan out to the right and then they would be a serious proposition for the League. 

I could just be mischievous here but does anyone see the possibility that Rafa is laying the ground for Gerrard heading to Barca/Madrid in the summer.  I could be wrong but I think he wants to have full control over proceedings and if Stevie is huffing everytime he has to play out right then Rafa is being undermined.  Mascerhano on loan, with a view to a permanent.  He will not cost as much as Gerrard could be solf for.  Pick up £20m plus in the summer, with the war chest from Dubai this would give them a lot of money to work with for next season.

Over the Bar

QuotePick up £20m plus in the summer, with the war chest from Dubai this would give them a lot of money to work with for next season.

No better man to waste it than Rafa! ;)

Guillem2

Cheski are all over the place at the back! It should 3-0.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

aontroim

Great Result - now for the scum to beat the scum tomorrow and we'll be comfortable in 3rd and chasing 2nd spot.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 10, 2007, 11:32:14 AM
Scousers will beat the Russians in a few weeks and all will be well again........

Ahem!
Its Grim up North

J70

Nice to finally take some points off Chelsea and it shows the hysteria after the Arsenal games up for what it was. 

Chelsea look to have some big problems though. If United beat Arsenal tomorrow, I'd say its over. I can't see them letting a nine point lead slip over 14 games given the form they're in.