Who will win 2024 All-Ireland Football Title?

Started by Olly, March 29, 2024, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHO WILL WIN 2024 ALL IRELAND FOOTBALL TITLE?

DUBLIN
36 (44.4%)
KERRY
8 (9.9%)
DERRY
19 (23.5%)
ARMAGH
13 (16%)
SOMEONE ELSE
5 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: April 05, 2024, 11:02:12 PM

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 01, 2024, 08:11:58 PMArmagh went way back from Last year, I don't know if Armagh supporters can see it, but their whole game is all about sitting very deep, it just doesnt work.
They have time to fix it. The panel is talented and accuracy will improve. 
The League is not to be taken at face value these days.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 01, 2024, 08:11:58 PMArmagh went way back from Last year, I don't know if Armagh supporters can see it, but their whole game is all about sitting very deep, it just doesnt work.

With playing in lower league division it remains to be seen if they have gone back from last year.  2023 playing in Division 1 they used the sit deep tactics and in the seven games scored 2-89 and conceded 3-89

This year in Div 2 (8 games) scored 9-119 and conceded 2-95.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tonto1888

Oh we can see it. Not sure we have went back though. We can play good front foot attacking football. We just don't

Sandy Hill

Betting on the 4 named teams:
Dublin 13/8
Kerry 5/2
Derry 9/2
Armagh 20/1
"Stercus accidit"

Tones

Quote from: bennydorano on April 01, 2024, 10:37:03 PMArmagh have no collective balls, that is our biggest problem.

Handcuffs at dawn.

SouthOfThe Bann

Can somebody answer me this.

Does the provincial winners follow the same rota as before the group stages were introduced.

For example will Derry meet Dublin in the semis this year if they both win provincials, top their groups and win their respective quarter finals.

**(Derry have met Munster champions and Connacht champions in past two semis so would be due the Dubs)**

Or is it open draw in this new system?

Armagh18

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 09, 2024, 10:15:17 PMCan somebody answer me this.

Does the provincial winners follow the same rota as before the group stages were introduced.

For example will Derry meet Dublin in the semis this year if they both win provincials, top their groups and win their respective quarter finals.

**(Derry have met Munster champions and Connacht champions in past two semis so would be due the Dubs)**

I think rule is teams are kept apart where possible who have already met, e.g. Derry and Monaghan last year.

Blowitupref

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 09, 2024, 10:15:17 PMCan somebody answer me this.

A draw will be used for the All Ireland semi finals.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 09, 2024, 10:48:20 PM

A draw will be used for the All Ireland semi finals.

That was my initial instinct but have you seen this confirmed anywhere?

As Eamonn Fitzmaurice was saying on the RTE GAA Podcast last week that Derry and Dublin would be due to meet in them Semis if they keep their winning runs going?

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 09, 2024, 10:33:22 PM

I think rule is teams are kept apart where possible who have already met, e.g. Derry and Monaghan last year.

Oh yes I remember that now wasn't sure what you meant there; so the old system is gone and Eamonn Fitzmaurice was incorrect.

Its amazing how many experts get things wrong in podcasts which add to the confusion.

On the Independent GAA Podcast they spent a bit of time discussing how unfair it was on Westmeath that all Kildare had to do to get to the All Ireland series after losing all their league games was to beat Westmeath in the Leinster championship; without considering that they have to beat either Wexford or Louth aswell in the Semis.

Dick Clerkin and Colm Keys I think it was.

Wicklow subsequently beat Westmeath anyways.

Rossfan

See Rule 6.12.(v) ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 10, 2024, 09:22:17 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 09, 2024, 10:33:22 PM

Oh yes I remember that now wasn't sure what you meant there; so the old system is gone and Eamonn Fitzmaurice was incorrect.

Its amazing how many experts get things wrong in podcasts which add to the confusion.

On the Independent GAA Podcast they spent a bit of time discussing how unfair it was on Westmeath that all Kildare had to do to get to the All Ireland series after losing all their league games was to beat Westmeath in the Leinster championship; without considering that they have to beat either Wexford or Louth aswell in the Semis.

Dick Clerkin and Colm Keys I think it was.

Wicklow subsequently beat Westmeath anyways.

Was a few in the media that was talking up Westmeath as the 2nd best in Leinster after winning the Div 3 title and how they were looking forward to the Westmeath v Kildare match. Must have been music to Wicklows ears.

illdecide

You don't have to be a mastermind to work out the 3 teams who are in the mix to win SAM...Dublin, Kerry and Derry. Kerry and Derry would be similar in levels with Dublin just ahead.

The chasing pack...well take your pick, anyone of 7-8 teams can make a semi final.
Galway if they get their main players fit
Mayo if they lift that damn curse...lol
Tyrone if they can be more consistent (hopefully not...lol)
Armagh if they can get some luck on the day
Donegal if they can get their injured players back fit for Championship
Rossies with a bit of luck
Cavan just like a bad fart, can't seem to get rid of them easily and linger around.
Cork can be dangerous and bloody someones nose

It would be a major shock if the 2024 Sam Maguire winner does not come from the first 3 mentioned...Sin e
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thebigfullforward

Quote from: illdecide on April 10, 2024, 03:28:19 PMYou don't have to be a mastermind to work out the 3 teams who are in the mix to win SAM...Dublin, Kerry and Derry. Kerry and Derry would be similar in levels with Dublin just ahead.

The chasing pack...well take your pick, anyone of 7-8 teams can make a semi final.
Galway if they get their main players fit
Mayo if they lift that damn curse...lol
Tyrone if they can be more consistent (hopefully not...lol)
Armagh if they can get some luck on the day
Donegal if they can get their injured players back fit for Championship
Rossies with a bit of luck
Cavan just like a bad fart, can't seem to get rid of them easily and linger around.
Cork can be dangerous and bloody someones nose

It would be a major shock if the 2024 Sam Maguire winner does not come from the first 3 mentioned...Sin e
Armagh if McGeeney decides to let the team play proper football like they did for the majority of the league