Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

I am fully behind the appointment, it's exciting, young and vibrant. Benny is still at the age where he would still have good links to the players but most importantly will be able to sell the team to players who seem to stay away. I'm looking for forward to what they can bring to the table.

Lecale Gael

Tally is a good motivator which is essential here. He got the best of Kevin McKernan at the ranch and can do so again. as someone pointed out Tallys experience in various county set ups is another string to his bow. This man feels now it is time to be the front man and taking a division three team with potential and a lot of experience is ideal for him. I just hope there is a seamless link between the three main squads at senior, u20 and minor so that players progress better from minor to senior. There needs to be quarterly meet ups and better cohesion.

2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Smurfy123

Anyone information on the other lads? Looks a very exciting appointment looking from the outside and I good job done by the 5 man committee. They sure can't get the blame if it all goes wrong. Interesting times ahead in Down. McKernan for captain?

elk

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 24, 2018, 05:02:44 PM
. McKernan for captain?
Time to move forward and change for the future

Cuan12

Congrats Sean og , right appointment , of all the candidates he ,plus his team were the correct choice, we have broke away from the guys of the 90 s , the latter , within this county whoshould be held in the greatest esteem , however there comes a time to push forward , if given the time and support Tally will prove to be the man , but he needs to get every manager of every club on board , no south down bias , every footballer in Down should look upon this appointment as an opportunity to step forward.AN DUn ABU

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: hardstation on August 24, 2018, 06:06:12 PM
The interesting thing is that there is a manager going into Down who isn't being written off and made the scapegoat from the word go. Pressure now on the players to see where the problem lies.

The man before Eamonn Burns came in on a similar pedestal.

Now - the county board has to make sure they don't press the panic button if a couple of bad results in a row come back.
i usse an speelchekor

downjim

Quote from: Cuan12 on August 24, 2018, 07:31:20 PM
Congrats Sean og , right appointment , of all the candidates he ,plus his team were the correct choice, we have broke away from the guys of the 90 s , the latter , within this county whoshould be held in the greatest esteem , however there comes a time to push forward , if given the time and support Tally will prove to be the man , but he needs to get every manager of every club on board , no south down bias , every footballer in Down should look upon this appointment as an opportunity to step forward.AN DUn ABU

South Down bias shite again: feck up with that please

Ambrose

Quote from: hardstation on August 24, 2018, 06:06:12 PM
The interesting thing is that there is a manager going into Down who isn't being written off and made the scapegoat from the word go. Pressure now on the players to see where the problem lies.

The wee Frankie fella, living in a glass house throwing stones at his neighbours.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Jim Bob

Quote from: oakleafgael on August 24, 2018, 12:21:21 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 23, 2018, 11:42:31 PM
Good appointment. Let's hope Tally can get the best players playing. What is the background of Beaty?

Exceptionally good coach.

Yes ......and just call him Archie

Lotto

I think that Tally is the best we could have wished for and I am delighted that none of the other knobs who were linked with the job were appointed. His record is decent and he has added a bit of organisation and steel to Galway this year. He has already started work in the media and is trying to portray himself as a players man to entice those many players who have turned the county down in recent times that he is something different, I just hope this works. In Galway he had plenty to work with though and some absolutely outstanding forwards in the likes of Walsh and Comer, I just don't see that with potential with us. In St Mary's he had players who were prepared to work for him and that's the challenge he has in Down. I have watched many club championship games the last few weeks and I just don't see the county players or indeed new potential we need to make a difference. I don't mean to rain on this big parade but I can't see any movement out of Division 3 this year with minimal impact on the Ulster Championship in 2019. I hope I am wrong though.

Smurfy123

Whilst Down haven't set the world alight of late they should be in the top 4 in division 3 at least. I would expect promotion back to division 2 at the first attempt but as our near neighbours know it is notthat easy at the first attempt. Depending on the amount of home matches we get will be important. If it's 3 then it will be tough if it's 4 it makes it a hell of a lot easier

John o connor

Haven't been on in ages but I see your still a w**ker hardstation

befair

Close game tonight, v little between the teams, perhaps the Ford a bit unlucky. BTW ridiculous situation that both teams had such similar colours; black shorts, green shirts, the only difference the Ford's gold hoop, mimicked by Castlewellan's sponsor in white on the front of the jersey. Don't know if it was difficult for the players in the heat of a game, but it showed no consideration for elderly or visually impaired spectators

meatsy86

Anyone else think the championship draws looked very unprofessional last night, slips of white paper(folded over but clearly visible writing) being drawn from a chinese takeaway container!!!

Ambrose

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 28, 2018, 06:36:18 AM
Anyone else think the championship draws looked very unprofessional last night, slips of white paper(folded over but clearly visible writing) being drawn from a chinese takeaway container!!!

What else did you expect? It's the Down way.
You can't live off history and tradition forever