Fahrenheit 9/11

Started by Fr Ted, September 11, 2007, 09:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr Ted

I just find the whole thing amazing.  I know Moore would have edited the programme to suit his own agenda, but i mean if what he says are facts ie. bin ladens family on planes immediately after 9/11, the connections with Bush snr, baker & rumsfiled, the amount of money the saudi's have invested in America, Bush jnr's puppets that he then put in postions of power, the WMD question (which were never found) it's almost laughable but yet bush jnr is still commander and chief of the worlds most powerfull army

Gnevin

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 11, 2007, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on September 11, 2007, 11:16:55 AM
You have to remember the climate this is launched into , Fox News and others would rip it to shreds if he tried to be balanced .The only thing that annoys me is that doesnt come right out and say its not balanced
Of course its not balanced, but then again neither is the other side of the argument.
Isn't that that i just said?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mentalman

Quote from: Fr Ted on September 11, 2007, 11:58:03 AM
I just find the whole thing amazing.  I know Moore would have edited the programme to suit his own agenda, but i mean if what he says are facts ie. bin ladens family on planes immediately after 9/11, the connections with Bush snr, baker & rumsfiled, the amount of money the saudi's have invested in America, Bush jnr's puppets that he then put in postions of power, the WMD question (which were never found) it's almost laughable but yet bush jnr is still commander and chief of the worlds most powerfull army

Apparently that's all true, and not sourced from Moore, but most authoritively from a book called "House of Bush House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties" by Craig Unger
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

theskull1

Quote from: resdubwhite on September 11, 2007, 10:21:44 AM
a nasty little parasitic bollocks, using the pain of others to inflate his own bank balance.

:o
A quite unbelievable statement about what moore is doing when you consider what Cheney, Bush & Rumpsfield and the lobbyists in the background have been gaining in all of this. Take the blinkers off ffs.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

longball

Quote from: Fr Ted on September 11, 2007, 11:58:03 AM

here here
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 11, 2007, 12:44:49 PM
Acclaimed documentary-maker Michael Moore has claimed he is more successful in Canada than the US because Americans don't get his humour.

Moore praised Canada's collective sense of humour during an appearance at the Toronto International Film Festival, where he was promoting his latest project Captain Mike Across America.

He said: "Canadians, you're wired in a different way than we are humour-wise. You understand and appreciate irony and satire... Americans, we take things maybe a little bit too literally and don't always get it."

They are a bit funny up here alright - must be all that weed floating around

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2007, 09:46:45 AM
Would have a good bit of time for Michael Moore. Its not the easiest thing to do to point out that the emporer is wearing no clothes especially in post 9/11 America. If people want to focus on things like the selective editing etc and miss the glaring truths that are highlighted then go for it.

Moore is a sc**bag and Bush is a disaster. Moore is a liar who regularly distorts the truth to make his points and his ability to lie is legendry at this stage. he is a publicity  hound and I detest the sight of him!

Bush will be gone soon thank God. The world needs a change in the white house, somebody like John McCain will do me. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tyrones own

Quote from: theskull1 on September 11, 2007, 12:44:10 PM
a nasty little parasitic bollocks, using the pain of others to inflate his own bank balance.

A quite unbelievable statement about what moore is doing when you consider what Cheney, Bush & Rumpsfield and the lobbyists in the background have been gaining in all of this. Take the blinkers off ffs.

Add Diane Feinstein to that when you're at it but first remove the blinkers ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mentalman

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 11, 2007, 12:44:49 PM
Acclaimed documentary-maker Michael Moore has claimed he is more successful in Canada than the US because Americans don't get his humour.

Moore praised Canada's collective sense of humour during an appearance at the Toronto International Film Festival, where he was promoting his latest project Captain Mike Across America.

He said: "Canadians, you're wired in a different way than we are humour-wise. You understand and appreciate irony and satire... Americans, we take things maybe a little bit too literally and don't always get it."

Reminds me of the joke we had on here a while back

First American to grasp concept of irony

Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony.

"It was weird" Fullmer said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather eh?" and I thought - "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather".

Fullmer then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.

Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony himself in future.

"I'm, like, using it all the time" he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks, and I burned them, and I said "Hey, great weather."

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

magpie seanie

It amazes me how folk can be so vitriolic about a film maker yet accepting of a corrupt man leading a corrupt regime who go round the world killing people needlessly.

Moore entertains and raises a few uncomfortable questions along the way. The fact that he generates such hysteria is a lesson in itself.

resdubwhite

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2007, 11:14:44 AM
Quotesays the ff man.

What are you on about?  ???
it was meant to be a joke.

Heres a smiley.  ;D

resdubwhite

My problem isn't with the message. iits the messenger. Read what i said or in your own words "Take the blinkers off ffs.
"

ziggysego

Moore has to sensational his documentaries. For instance, the world sat up and took notice of his 9/11 documentary. How many were many can say the same? How many have been forgotten about? How man were even heard of?

As for the young people he took to Wal-Mart. He got what he set out to do. No more bullets being supplied in the stores across America as a direct result of his and the teenagers' actions.

Sure he can be over the top a lot of times, but unfortunately that is what it takes to drive the message home to a lot of people and to get change.
Testing Accessibility

theskull1

Quote from: resdubwhite on September 11, 2007, 04:03:05 PM

My problem isn't with the message. iits the messenger. Read what i said or in your own words "Take the blinkers off ffs.
"

Here we have a film maker making money yes, blowing the whistle on the American administration (in his own quirky sometimes annoying way I'll admit) whilst on the other we have the powers that be in the American political system making millions/billions from sending troops to war in iraq, causing countless suffering to hundreds of thousands of people. With this in mind should you not be more concerned about other peoples bank balances before you give Michael Moore a touch.

Surely the people who have brought about the suffering so that they can inflate their own bank balances are the real bad guy's here?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

southdown

Declan, stick up a link for the Pilger piece, read some of his stuff, "Clash of Civilisations" was a great read.