County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Malachy will prob leave monaghan this year too. Eamon burns may go yet and Mattie seems to be hanging on by a thread in Cavan. Big turniver of managers in Ulster this year......

yellowcard

Somewhere far away in China Jimmy McGuinness will have a broad grin tonight.

armaghniac

Quote from: The Trap on July 31, 2017, 09:48:51 PM
Malachy will prob leave monaghan this year too. Eamon burns may go yet and Mattie seems to be hanging on by a thread in Cavan. Big turniver of managers in Ulster this year......

By 6pm on Saturday Harte will be done too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Trap

More likely to be mcgeeney. Not getting out of division 3 and losing to two biggest rivals in championship.........scraping past Westmeath tipp and Kildare unlikely to save him!!!!!!

BluestackBoy

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2017, 10:15:07 PM

If Tyrone lose to Armagh I'd say Harte will explode never mind resign ;D ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2017, 10:15:07 PM

Genuine pressure on Mickey alrite. Hard to believe  this could be his last match after 15 years of loyal service.

Give and Go

Quote from: Rossfan on July 31, 2017, 08:43:37 PM
Cork, Laois, Longford, Westmeath, Wicklow, Louth, Fermanagh, Donegal.......
Offaly, Derry

Captain Obvious

Why should he? stayed up in Div one and has reached another All Ireland quarter final. Monaghan will be lost once Malachy leaves.

moysider

Rochford is dead man walking  and McStay will be on thin ice also unless they beat Mayo in replay. Walsh in Galway as well is cooked. Very well done. As a manager you get your shot and that's it. Lucky managers have won AIs - wrong man in right place at the right time. Good managers have not - better team/s about.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on August 01, 2017, 12:41:08 AM
Rochford is dead man walking  and McStay will be on thin ice also unless they beat Mayo in replay. Walsh in Galway as well is cooked. Very well done. As a manager you get your shot and that's it. Lucky managers have won AIs - wrong man in right place at the right time. Good managers have not - better team/s about.
Rochford will more than likely be gone if Mayo lose the replay to Roscommon. Win and reach another semi final and i can imagine Rochford will be given another year. McStay is only in his first year as outright manager, won Connacht and drew with a top 4 team in Croke park i think its safe to say he'll be Roscommon manager again in 2018. Kevin Walsh will likely be given one more year and given the opportunity to manage his county in Div one.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 01, 2017, 12:41:08 AM

McStay is there for as long as he wants it now. Pity for Mayo.

J70

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 31, 2017, 08:30:51 PM
From the twitter

QuoteOfficial Donegal GAA‏Verified account
@officialdonegal

Donegal GAA wish to confirm Rory Gallagher has stood down as senior manager. Our thanks to Rory...full statement to follow

Jumped before he was pushed I'd imagine.

Maybe a job switch - Pete McGrath to Donegal and Rory to Fermanagh ????

It was inevitable. I feel bad for him with the social media abuse. Its a tough time to be an intercounty manager.

Hard to know where we go from here. We clearly have a major rebuilding job with more retirements imminent and a very young squad. People talk about MacNiallais and McLoone being tempted back, and that would help some, especially around the middle, but the tactics issue needs to be addressed also. Murphy must have been drooling with envy watching Donaghy in Croke Park yesterday causing havoc under the early high ball into the full forward line, while the defensive style of play is clearly on the way out.

No idea who they'll target for the job. You hear James Horan mentioned in place, but didn't he quit Mayo due to the demands of a young family combined with work? WTF would drag him all the way up to Convoy a couple of nights a week to rebuild with young players with little senior experience, especially now he has a handy tv gig? Declan Bonner would be an obvious contender given his current role, but he's had it before (albeit 20 years ago) and then went through the debacle where himself and Charlie Mulgrew were offered a joint gig before the CB changed their mind and gave to John Joe Doherty. In addition, I think he's been pretty critical recently of the lack of coordination and planning through the various age ranks in terms of developing young players in the county.

Time for McHugh to put his money where his mouth is? :D

Whoever gets it, they'll do well to keep us in Division 1 and have us playing football in late July. I don't think we'll be bothering the super 8s for a year or two.

armaghniac

McHugh has the Kernan excuse of not wishing to manage the county when his sons play there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

There is only one Rory Gallagher in Donegal and it defo isnt this one.

Much as I dislike McGuinness he was a great manager. Gallagher's "Phil Neal" act annoyed me even more and he has proved hiimself to be nothing more than a hanger on as the team got progressively worse every year.

Brick Tamlin

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is/was the issue between McGuinness and Gallagher?