2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Sludden's shot for goal managed to beat 4 Donegal players- he really managed to thread the needle with his shot.

All to play for in the 2nd half. I don't think anyone would be surprised if this ended up being decided in injury-time.

There's been no draw in any game in Division 1 so far this year.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 10, 2018, 08:40:45 PM
Bad loss for Donegal.
Super win for Tyrone
Makes Mayo''s run in a bit more interesting.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omagh_gael

Excellent win tonight when it really mattered. League football isn't the be all and end all, however, it's getting more important to stick with the big guns to tune up for summer football. Make no mistake, if one of the big teams goes down to division 2 it'll seriously hamper them the following season.

Fully agree with Aaron Kernan's choice for MOTM. Sludden has been stuttering so far this campaign but he was on fire tonight. A real rolls Royce of a player and if we can get that HF line of Donnelly, Sludden and Harte on tune in the summer then we can make an impact. Sludden's goal is the stand out moment for him but his tracking back and blocking was first class.

Huge sigh of relief to get that second win. Need one more win to keep us safe.

Before this game Donegal were second top scorers behind Dublin but still went into the game with a poor score difference. Their attack is formidable, however, the young guns in defence look to be a serious step down compared to the old hands. Early days yet, of course, but must still be a worry.

Finally, what does Bonner do with big Murphy? He's burning seriously dirty petrol from play and is struggling big time with his shooting. Is it a case of fire away and it'll sort itself out? What's the story with McBrearty? Is the knee bad?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 10, 2018, 08:40:45 PM
Bad loss for Donegal.
They will do very to stay up now. Have been unlucky though as they played well against Galway,Dublin,Kerry and tonight had to play without their top scoring forward.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 10, 2018, 07:40:26 PM
Mayo team

1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Caolan Crowe - Garrymore
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Eoin O’Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Lee Keegan - Westport
7. Michael Hall - Breaffy
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
9. Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
12. Diarmuid O’Connor - Ballintubber
13. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
14. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
15. Adam Gallagher - Mayo Gaels

Team Manager: Stephen Rochford
Selectors: Donie Buckley, Peter Burke, Joe Keane & Tony McEntee.
The odds on P Durcan,T Parsons and C O Connor to start now after that dummy team is published?

trileacman

Donegal have been very unlucky this league campaign. Given how much better they played against Dublin and galway compared to us and we were damn lucky to get our win in Kildare.

They played some top stuff all year and now look destined for the drop. It's f**king tough at the top.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

bucko

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 10, 2018, 09:41:12 PM
Mayo team

4. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Lee Keegan - Westport
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber

The odds on P Durcan,T Parsons and C O Connor to start now after that dummy team is published?
O'Connor probably for Gallagher. I'd say if fit Parsons and Durcan will be held in reserve.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: bucko on March 10, 2018, 10:35:27 PM
Mayo team

5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Lee Keegan - Westport

O'Connor probably for Gallagher. I'd say if fit Parsons and Durcan will be held in reserve.
I hope he leaves Gallagher alone.  If he ever manages to recover the form he was beginning to show before he got crocked, he'll light up the championship and that's for sure.That was against Kildare too. (Emmett Bolton as far as I recall.) It would be sweet revenge if he shoots the bleddy lights out.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 10, 2018, 11:01:18 PM
Mayo team

5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Lee Keegan - Westport

I hope he leaves Gallagher alone.  If he ever manages to recover the form he was beginning to show before he got crocked, he'll light up the championship and that's for sure.That was against Kildare too. (Emmett Bolton as far as I recall.) It would be sweet revenge if he shoots the bleddy lights out.

Paddy AFAIK has hamstring problems. Although I seen him in the Gym this evening and he looked ok!

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 10, 2018, 11:01:18 PM
Mayo team

5. Colm Boyle - Davitts
6. Lee Keegan - Westport

I hope he leaves Gallagher alone too, but no idea what the Kildare connectiom with him is? We need somebody of his ability coming through. 

larryin89

Gallagher was our best player v Kildare and v Tyrone in 2014 (I think was the year), looked a bit exposed then v Kerry in castlebar and then subsequently drifted into the sunset. He has got a decent bit bigger , has a good engine .  Should of taken the goal chance v Dublin though.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

omagh_gael

Remember Adam Gallagher well, he was by far the best Mayo player on show that day. At the time it reminded me of the first time I seen Kevin McLoughlin up in a league match in Omagh and thinking he is one we'll be seeing a lot of in the future.

highorlow

Newbridge is a disaster area for us as regards injuries and season ending ones at that.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J70

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 10, 2018, 09:05:55 PM
Excellent win tonight when it really mattered. League football isn't the be all and end all, however, it's getting more important to stick with the big guns to tune up for summer football. Make no mistake, if one of the big teams goes down to division 2 it'll seriously hamper them the following season.

Fully agree with Aaron Kernan's choice for MOTM. Sludden has been stuttering so far this campaign but he was on fire tonight. A real rolls Royce of a player and if we can get that HF line of Donnelly, Sludden and Harte on tune in the summer then we can make an impact. Sludden's goal is the stand out moment for him but his tracking back and blocking was first class.

Huge sigh of relief to get that second win. Need one more win to keep us safe.

Before this game Donegal were second top scorers behind Dublin but still went into the game with a poor score difference. Their attack is formidable, however, the young guns in defence look to be a serious step down compared to the old hands. Early days yet, of course, but must still be a worry.

Finally, what does Bonner do with big Murphy? He's burning seriously dirty petrol from play and is struggling big time with his shooting. Is it a case of fire away and it'll sort itself out? What's the story with McBrearty? Is the knee bad?

On Donegal's defence, rather than the young players per se, what would be more of a worry is the repeated instances of teams breaking into open space with no one to be seen. Teams are getting through one-on-one or even two-on-one (the chance Kildare fucked up against us with the square ball) on the keeper. I'm all for getting away from the depressing defensive shite Rory Gallagher had us playing, but you can't play with NO ONE inside your OWN 45! I don't know if it by design or simply a lack of a leader back there taking charge and organizing. We'll see when McGee, McGrath, McGlynn and so on are back starting.

On Murphy, its the perennial problem of trying to rob Peter to play Paul. Leave him the f**k up the field at full forward (especially when McBrearty is out!). I only saw the first half, but the chances he missed weren't easy ones, even if he has scored plenty of those coming across off the left wing before. Let him work through it. Don't know what the story with McBrearty is, but hopefully he is fit for Monaghan next week.