2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Syferus on February 26, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
If Galway beat Monaghan two big beatings from Dublin may cap the league campaign for Galway which will present its own problems alongside burnout.

They have Kildare in between to help maintain confidence.

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on February 26, 2018, 12:57:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2018, 09:39:18 AM
Boyle sports have Monaghan at 6/1 to be relegated. I can see them losing their next 3 matches but I can't see Tyrone and Mayo and Donegal pipping them given the fixtures.

:Monaghan have Galway (8) Donegal (2)  Dublin(8)

Mayo have Tyrone (2)  Donegal (2) Kildare (0)

Tyrone have Donegal (2) Mayo (2) Kerry (4)

Donegal have Tyrone (2) Mayo (2)  Monaghan (6)

Kildare have Donegal (2)
Mayo (2) Galway (8)

Sure isn't it a wonder Monaghan have any points on the board at all?
As was already blatantly obvious from his previous utterances, Seafold should stay away from referencing betting patterns, and in regards to his relentless inaccurate gloom and doom predictions re Monaghan, he's like a Mr Magoo when assessing a piece of art.
Monaghan are not in the reckoning for relegation by the betting exchanges. Boyle Sports just haven't updated their odds to reflect the new reality after this weekend, Monaghan (virtually) can not be relegated. 

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2018, 05:57:34 PM
Quote from: Schkite on February 26, 2018, 12:57:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2018, 09:39:18 AM
Boyle sports have Monaghan at 6/1 to be relegated. I can see them losing their next 3 matches but I can't see Tyrone and Mayo and Donegal pipping them given the fixtures.

:Monaghan have Galway (8) Donegal (2)  Dublin(8)

Mayo have Tyrone (2)  Donegal (2) Kildare (0)

Tyrone have Donegal (2) Mayo (2) Kerry (4)

Donegal have Tyrone (2) Mayo (2)  Monaghan (6)

Kildare have Donegal (2)
Mayo (2) Galway (8)

Sure isn't it a wonder Monaghan have any points on the board at all?
As was already blatantly obvious from his previous utterances, Seafold should stay away from referencing betting patterns, and in regards to his relentless inaccurate gloom and doom predictions re Monaghan, he's like a Mr Magoo when assessing a piece of art.
Monaghan are not in the reckoning for relegation by the betting exchanges. Boyle Sports just haven't updated their odds to reflect the new reality after this weekend, Monaghan (virtually) can not be relegated.
I agree. There is no way Monaghan can be relegated. Boyles mustn't be paying attention.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Question for the Kildare lads - is Newbridge standing only? Have only been there once and was standing but not sure if there's seats on the far side. Will be bringing my 3 year old if the weather is okay but she'd hardly stand for the whole thing. Also, what kind of home crowd would be expected?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 26, 2018, 08:14:25 PM
Question for the Kildare lads - is Newbridge standing only? Have only been there once and was standing but not sure if there's seats on the far side. Will be bringing my 3 year old if the weather is okay but she'd hardly stand for the whole thing. Also, what kind of home crowd would be expected?

There are about 150-200 roughly seats in the middle of the stand but you would want to be there very early to get there. They are not that comfortable either. There will be a small home crowd but Mayo have the best support in the country so I'd expect around the 6000 mark which would be decent for Newbridge. Weather permitting of course, there will be no issues with the playing surface but if it is not safe for people to travel the game won't go ahead.
We have upped our game in hospitality too with decent coffee and fast food available at 3 corners of the ground and a pipe band providing a welcome alternative to the rubbish pop music that some more modern stadiums like to deafen you with.

macdanger2

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 26, 2018, 08:32:48 PM

There are about 150-200 roughly seats in the middle of the stand but you would want to be there very early to get there. They are not that comfortable either. There will be a small home crowd but Mayo have the best support in the country so I'd expect around the 6000 mark which would be decent for Newbridge. Weather permitting of course, there will be no issues with the playing surface but if it is not safe for people to travel the game won't go ahead.
We have upped our game in hospitality too with decent coffee and fast food available at 3 corners of the ground and a pipe band providing a welcome alternative to the rubbish pop music that some more modern stadiums like to deafen you with.

Good man, thanks

MayoBuck

Where's the best place to park near the stadium? I'll be coming from the Dublin side.

Main Street

I guess The Parting Glass in D minor would be a fitting tune at half time.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: MayoBuck on February 26, 2018, 10:00:57 PM

Where's the best place to park near the stadium? I'll be coming from the Dublin side.

I don't use it myself but the Whitewater shopping centre multi story is a reliable enough spot to park. It might take a few minutes to get out after but not bad.

Rossfan

There are about 150-200 roughly seats in the middle of the stand but you would want to be there very early to get there. They are not that comfortable either.
Jasus that's primitive for the second richest County in the Country.
Wicklow, Kildare, Louth and Meath the 4 worst County grounds and they having a population of around 750K between them, and the 2nd highest incomes after Dublin..
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

Jasus that's primitive for the second richest County in the Country.
Wicklow, Kildare, Louth and Meath the 4 worst County grounds and they having a population of around 750K between them, and the 2nd highest incomes after Dublin..

I might be going off topic but was just looking at the results of the local minor league here and to be honest was a little shocked at the lack of teams competing compared to my minor days which were still this century. Loads of amalgamations and not many second teams from the big clubs. It is the same at adult level, 10 to 15 years ago most intermediate level clubs would field 3 teams no bother, these days it is a struggle for plenty to get a second team out.
That coupled with the shocking drop in attendances would indicate football is in a serious decline in a county with one of the biggest young populations in the country.

Farrandeelin

Any games likely to be affected with whatever snowfall we may have later in the week?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Strange the difference in reaction to Galway from different pundits. Parkinson has slated Galway since the beginning of the league  and gives them no hope for the summer whilst Tomas O'Se & Ciaran Whelan were very impressed with Galway. I suppose its only natural we hear the comparisons with Roscommon from 2 years ago as its fresh in people's mind; Mayo made a league final in 2012 and it didn't do them any harm later on in the year. I can understand Parkinsons reservations about the systems but he's completeley ignored that there's an influx of some good new talent and that the likes of Comer, Walsh & Brannigan look like they've stepped up a level too. If he wanted to be critical he wouldn't have too look too much further than the kick out strategy or lack of one.

Its only 10 weeks this Sunday to the Mayo game and only 6 weeks from the last round of league fixtures so preparations for both counties will have to be different from last year, Mayo didn't hit form until the 1st weekend in August last year, super 8's final game is that same weekend this year.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 27, 2018, 10:51:31 AM
Strange the difference in reaction to Galway from different pundits. Parkinson has slated Galway since the beginning of the league  and gives them no hope for the summer whilst Tomas O'Se & Ciaran Whelan were very impressed with Galway. I suppose its only natural we hear the comparisons with Roscommon from 2 years ago as its fresh in people's mind; Mayo made a league final in 2012 and it didn't do them any harm later on in the year. I can understand Parkinsons reservations about the systems but he's completeley ignored that there's an influx of some good new talent and that the likes of Comer, Walsh & Brannigan look like they've stepped up a level too. If he wanted to be critical he wouldn't have too look too much further than the kick out strategy or lack of one.

Its only 10 weeks this Sunday to the Mayo game and only 6 weeks from the last round of league fixtures so preparations for both counties will have to be different from last year, Mayo didn't hit form until the 1st weekend in August last year, super 8's final game is that same weekend this year.

Mayo only finished 4th in the table on 7 points in 2012 and the nonsense of semi finals in a group of 8 allowed them to reach the league final. Last time Galway won their first 4 Div 1 NFL games was 2009, that summer Galway ended up losing to Mayo and failed to reach the last eight of the championship could history repeat itself this summer?